TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Suffer Catalyst

T2 FM: The Suffer Catalyst

http://rapidshare.com/files/78075677/SC.zip.html

http://www.boxtechnic.com/thief/SC.zip (thanks to Esme for link) temporary

From Southquarter (thanks Brethren)

finally I got it uploaded

this mission (my 2nd) took a year to make, I started for the MOH contest and missed the deadline badly!.
    Dedicated and in honour of Sluggs!

It can be played as a hack and slash or pure thief style!
    Undead style... actually there's nothing but them.
    you do however, get a weapon that can kill them a bit into the mission.

If you hate undead or not, at least try it. confrontation isn't particularly necessary.

thanks to all!

Edit:for the fm set (via options) the sky detail to low! otherwise you'll get a framerate issue
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 21st Dec 2007 at 12:34.
    lord hammerarse's manor, The Suffer Catalyst
    The city spreads fever-60%on hold Chasm of the undead-40%on hold The last creak of the gear-2%priority

I'll take your word for it that confrontation isn't necessary and give it a go then ... but if you are wrong I'm coming round to your place ok

thanks for this

looks like the mother in law can watch the soaps after all ... I'm gonna be playing thief and not watching the box as I've got about 5 missions now

by confrontation with the undead isn't necessary I mean if you sneak well you'll get past ok, not sneak=confrontation

and as my ISP hasn't complained yet I'm setting I've set up a mirror for it on my site here again I've no idea how long I can keep it there so grab it while you can

however I would be grateful if the person in the netherlands who, judging from my access logs, appeared to be trying to hack my site, would cease and desist as if you continue I'll stop hosting missions there, I know you are one of us as you also grabbed the bad_debts_winter mission, if it was accidental fair enough, but that site helps to pay my rather meagre wages and I'd be very grateful if it were left alone, plus I'll send a complaint to your ISP and get you barred if you don't
    Last edited by Esme; 21st Dec 2007 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    by confrontation with the undead isn't necessary I mean if you sneak well you'll get past ok, not sneak=confrontation
    cool

I was only joking about coming round ...unless there's beer involved ...where's the hopeful smiley when you need it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    and as my ISP hasn't complained yet I'm setting up a mirror for it on my site here again I've no idea how long I can keep it there so grab it while you can
    eh, it says that the file is not found...

Could we have more mirrors. Thanks!
    Last edited by shadows; 21st Dec 2007 at 09:32.

sorry it was uploading, it's a big file, it's there now

bikerdude

Blimey...

We have had more FM's than you shak e avery big stick at...!!!

This is going to be a very thiefy Xmas...

thanks to all the authors..

biker

Clearinghouse
    Thank you, Asgaroth

43 minutes later, I finally manage to get out of the caves!

I've gotten into the building and have an attic key but not sure where to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    I've gotten into the building and have an attic key but not sure where to use it.
    read the book in the master bedroom, there's a clue to the whereabouts to the key to the attic stairwy
    spoiler:
    pile of bones in the throne room

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    43 minutes later, I finally manage to get out of the caves!
    I made that since you said you were going into a cave (well.. tunnel) full of zombies

I got what i was supposed to get in the attic is there somewhere else i need to go, there must be because im way short on loot.

Okay didn't see the new door that has opened. Dead things ugh.
    Last edited by maloo; 21st Dec 2007 at 12:15.

I'm really enjoying this, but I need to find two more gems. (Got the yellow one)

Found a couple of bugs were I could pick things up, but not put them down again. One was a Zombie head, (from the Zombie Garrett), and the other was a green bottle in the Kitchen.

You've also got issues with your sky settings. They're lowering framerates! If you set the sky detail to "low" you'll get a vast improvement in framerates! I think you've gone a bit OTT on some numbers!!!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 21st Dec 2007 at 12:11.

Damn, love creepy missions! Thanks a lot!

I'm stuck
    spoiler:
    I found the attic key, but don't know where I can use it, the only locked door is the one on the side of the master bedroom, but don't work on it

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    I'm really enjoying this, but I need to find two more gems. (Got the yellow one)

Found a couple of bugs were I could pick things up, but not put them down again. One was a Zombie head, (from the Zombie Garrett), and the other was a green bottle in the Kitchen.

You've also got issues with your sky settings. They're lowering framerates! If you set the sky detail to "low" you'll get a vast improvement in framerates! I think you've gone a bit OTT on some numbers!!!
    The sky was rushed, never made one before either!

Damn, I must have messed with the zombie head archetype (for the objective-get a severed head)
    I'll look into it when I can

the gems:
    blue gem is
    spoiler:
    In a narrow hallway in the crypt

red gem is
    spoiler:
    In a locked box (key is in an identical room on the opposite side)

Quote Originally Posted by Dooh Nibor View Post
    I'm stuck
    spoiler:
    I found the attic key, but don't know where I can use it, the only locked door is the one on the side of the master bedroom, but don't work on it
    In the
    spoiler:
    throne room, under the throne, is a pile of bones, with a second key in them. As hinted in his diary (I'll keep the key till my death or some such)

which will open the door to the stairway to the attic! (beside the master bedroom)

Keeper of FMs

Mirrors http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1174
    Darklurker.com & The Circle
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 21st Dec 2007 at 18:13.

"The city spreads fever" sounds interesting, I enjoy a good plague story.

In the
    spoiler:
    throne room, under the throne, is a pile of bones, with a second key in them. As hinted in his diary (I'll keep the key till my death or some such)

which will open the door to the stairway to the attic! (beside the master bedroom)
    Ok, but the attic key I have is the one in the throne room. Is there one more in any place?
    Sorry, I searched everywhere, and for my bad english.

I remember finding a key underneath an armoire but I never saw it at that time. I just went around the furniture frobbing like crazy, as if looking for a secret door in Doom, and Hey Presto, I got something!