TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    That is HIS key. Ignore it. Also, any alerted AI cannot be PICKPOCKED.

Keep playing. If you pay attention, and get to the right places, you will, or should know what to do with the heart. Meanwhile just KEEP IT.

Read your OBJECTIVES. They change now and then, and you will get a lot of needed information from them. So when you see "NEW OBJECTIVES" Read the damn things.

I'm glad to see the mission's in the hands of the taffers, finally! I had a great time testing and playing the mission pack. Ever since Lady Rowena gave us the alpha release, which contained only the first two nights, I've played it over Calendra's Legacy if I wanted to play a good city mission. You guys are going to have a blast over the next while playing these missions.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

The banned user, not the game
    ok i found out what to do with heart

but where do i find the sisters stone key?

and where is sewer key 1?
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Dec 2007 at 10:38.

I really enjoyed this one during testing. When I had a problem it was usually because I hadn't read something carefully.

So, to echo theBlackman and Nightwalker: don't rush, search thoroughly (don't forget to look up as well as down), and read everything, including the new objectives. It's well worth the effort!

Prepare to hang on to your hats when you get to Night 3.
    Last edited by ffox; 24th Dec 2007 at 05:13.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief_4 View Post
    ok i found out what to do with heart

but where do i find the sisters stone key?

Keep looking.

And you may not get everything in night one, remember?

And do us a favor. Don't ask every time you get stuck for minute or so. Give it a chance and take another look around and READ THE INTROS and other material.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Dec 2007 at 10:39.

I must have missed something because I can't find Bro. Martino to find the key to get into the crypt to get into the Complex to read the book. He's supposed to be around the Cathedral, apparently. I see a guy with a key behind a gated tunnel under the Hammer Complex, but the gate switch is missing, so I don't know how to get to it.

Edit: Isn't it typical? After an hour of searching, including thinking about what eventually turned out the right way, I post, only to find the solution a few minutes later. For anyone else that has this question definitely look *around* the cathedral for anything that might be a way in, any which way you can think of.

Anyway, I haven't gotten too far, but already this FM reminds me of this Wordsworth poem (We are Seven).

(edit: oops, accidentally linked to this poem the first time (The Seven Sisters) ... I guess I got the two confused. Imagine the first poem except it's 7 sisters and that's what I was thinking about.)
    Last edited by demagogue; 24th Dec 2007 at 06:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief_4 View Post
    I'll give you a spoiler for that one; the only key for those doors is available inside the sewer maintenance one area itself.

Lady Rowena, I just saw small part of first mission (I am in the sewers now), but it is so amazing so far, that I can not wait until I have time to go further. Every room or custom AI makes me gasp
    I loved the cat in the cellar and forger. I hope I can rescue the cat later...

Wonderful job and piece of art, thank you very much!

Merry Christmas to you and to Everyone here!

Such a well polished and stunning mission

I'm however, pretty stumped - on the first night -

At the Cathedral,
    spoiler:
    how am I suppose to get up to the Bell Tower to get the Golden Hammer? I can't rope arrow there, Is there another way up? I also have no idea what the key Bro Martino is carrying is for, might I have missed an objective?

Also, regarding Doctor Knox,
    spoiler:
    where do I find the two dairies of his and Maltus? I keep seeing people referencing to looking for two books, are they referring to the same objective?

Hi Lady Rowena

ive just started playing.... And what can say.... Absolutly Fabulous

This, why I have stuck with thief for so long, you just don't get this level of immersion and attention to details with modern games...

Long may you continue to produce such works of art, this is up there with the top 10 best Fm's.

And talking of details, I spent ages in the mayor's celler looking for a trapped cat - I could here the poor little thing whimpering (Rowena you naughty woman)

biker
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Jan 2008 at 11:39.

Jesus...I guess the question about "FM of the Year" is now answered....

Avallon

I can't answer the diary specifically although I have read 2 books in these locations
    spoiler:
    catherdral, guy at desk has one (there is a book under another too)
    magic shop there is a 'hidden' book, upsatirs I believe

Catherdral
    spoiler:
    Look up, rope arrow, not in the tower though. It's quite a cool little maze

Avallon, the two diaries are found in Dr. Knox's house (which is marked on the map) in his lab (flip a switch under the desk top) and in the Potions shop that belongs to Malthus. Someone already mentioned that you need to climb the ladder to his private rooms and move a painting to find it.

I have taken the advice to heart, and I'm savoring this FM pack. I have crept along the walls, checking everything out, an FM pack like this deserves to be treated like a fine bottle of wine, sip it slowly people! Don't rush it.

I haven't even bothered to check my map yet, I don't care really. I'll get to where I'm going eventually. I do check my objectives, of course.
    I am finding what I need by going slow. Just found my sword, progress is slow, I really don't care! A good thief will explore.

This is great, I'm enjoying this immensely. Thank you Lady Rowena!! Thank you for a great Christmas present. I love playing Thief during Christmas.

Thanks for the replies but can you please be more specific about the Cathedral spoiler?

spoiler:
    I've roped up the wooden beams in the altar area, everywhere I can find, I don't see anything resembling a maze. Been stuck here for some time now

Also, how do I get to the the dead guard/key in the gated place outside the Cathedral?

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Finally, this day has finally arrived...

Woohoo merry christmas to me. Too bad there is all this family around me, they won't let me play it now, I'll have to wait a couple of days before tasting it...

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    Thanks for the replies but can you please be more specific about the Cathedral spoiler?

spoiler:
    I've roped up the wooden beams in the altar area, everywhere I can find, I don't see anything resembling a maze. Been stuck here for some time now

Also, how do I get to the the dead guard/key in the gated place outside the Cathedral?
    Walk along the molding, there is a passage there.
    You will get the key later, when you'll be on the other side of the gate.

Avallon. Sorry, trying not to spoil it too much.
    spoiler:
    Rope arrow onto the beams, look towards altar. walk beams to your right, get on ledge and walk towards altar. You'll see a small hole leading outside to roof, climb along roof -be careful - towards tower, you gotta wedge down between roof and tower and there's a little door that opens, crawl thru and your on the 2nd floor of tower, rope arrow up.

I think you'll know what to do from there

In case not
    spoiler:
    place hammer you find in tower on the altar and wait.

I'm having the same problem with Basso.

He runs out of cell, down hall, then starts to walk. Walks to top of ramp and stops at corner. Does he really have to make it back home? I tried to Blackjack since he is just supposed to be alive but I guess that fails the 'no harm' objective.

Other than that I'm almost done with night one. Can't play again for a few days. It was fun but not sure I want to start over. It's already been like 3 hours of play time, hard to justify that again if same thing will happen.
    I tried several ways, talked to Basso before I released him, ect...
    All mechs KO'ed, all doors open, he's just being stubborn.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Jan 2008 at 11:40.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Schwaa
    Sorry, I have put this also at the beginning of the thread:

ATTENTION PLEASE!
    Unfortunately there is a bug about Basso's escape. Only one tester discovered it in the very last moment, and I thought that I managed to fix it, but evidently I didn't.
    At the moment I can't think a solution. I can only recommend to save in another slot BEFORE releasing him, and don't leave any corpses in his sight. If he stops, there's no way to make him move again.
    I apologize for the drawback.

No need for apologies Schwaa2, you gave an excellent tip, it was I who was too blind to see.

I am now on my way to continue on this amazing FM, thanks for the help all!

I play it on hard, but i miss the squarelockpick.
    Where I can find or get that.

thx Alkazzar

Alkazzar, fire up darkloader, and read the beginning. It does say, Warning - Please read before playing! It mentions the other lockpick. Read it!

@ LadyR.
    Thanks, I will try again. I do have a quick save and a hard save before i talk to him OR open the gate.

Also, not sure if it is the cause but there is a KO'ed mech at the far end of that hall. I will move it and try to let him out and see what happens.

One of the first things I did was heal Genivere... I hope no one hurts her while I am accomplishing my other objectives. Lady R wouldnt do that would she. Gens standing peacefully in her apartment. I just don't want to spend hours doing stuff and all of the sudden the missions over because something happened to her.

Some advice to...save often and I mean often. There was some beams
    spoiler:
    like in the print shop
    I tried to shoot my only rope arrow into and "clink" it was gone and I haden't saved for awhile. And a couple guards I know didn't here me (I couldnt here me) and they turned around just as I was about to blackjack them.

Is there any objective differences between difficulties ? If the AI are that sensitive I would just assume play on normal but I do not want to miss much.

Very nice work !!!
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Dec 2007 at 13:08.

This is a little off topic, but, relevant to the mission, and a bit of an ironic fact.

Lady Rowena, when posting her screen shots in this thread.
    http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110510 Schwaa2 mentioned not liking the orange/red moon, his only knit-pick about the mission.

Well, low and behold, I run across this article people. Mars glows, no need for Rudolph's nose

Mars AND the moon will both be glowing very bright tonight!! The color of moon in the FM looks like as Mercury will be tonight. What are the chances?

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast