TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

The banned user, not the game
    ok i just finished day 1,and omg amazing here are a few thing in no certain order i just loved alot.

spoiler:
    as i started the mission i saw coming to basso's place a plate with a tiny meat leg,i figured for the family dog,also the blue coloured dewdrop was amazing looking it is my new desktop now :P,ofcourse the background sounds like cats dogs were perfect,i loved that monkey too,he seemed all playfull from the side,so i decided to face it and then it went ape shit in the cage,i had to reaload from a save before that cause it shocked me so bad,i also saw a ton of areas i was just one lock pick short of getting

now i start day 2 and so look forward to it

thank you Lady Rowena so much for this series of fm's,you are in my top 5 fm makes forsure

i found 2/5 secrets,werid thing is one of the secrets i found i got going the wrong way
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Thief_4; 24th Dec 2007 at 18:29. Reason: ohh i forgot to add my secrets found for day 1

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Now the real fun starts. Carry a change of undies.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Thank you Thief_4.

I thought that no one would have noticed the plate with a tiny meat leg. A cat was what I had in mind, but anyway...... I'm glad that you have appreciated it.

What can I say but pure genius!

Still on Night One, sure there are a couple of things left to do, and in no hurry to finish. I've not needed clues, as it's all there if you look carefully enough, although
    spoiler:
    I wanted to pick Basso up and shake him for not taking the short way out of the Mechanist compound.

The town is so interesting and jam packed with sights, loot, surprises that backtracking is a pleasure. The readables are *readable, if you get what I mean.
    spoiler:
    The bats are benign, for which I'm grateful. Hated having to blackjack someone I'd just cured of the plague
    , but there ya go. Survival of the fittest.

Ok, back to it. Thank you Lady Rowena.

I keep thinking maybe I should just start over, or wait until I'm in a better frame of mind in a few days, because I'm unworthy of such a beautifully crafted FM environment, and I should really think all the way through my next move.

How cool would it be if EIDOS would cough up the dough to enable a Looking Glass II Team consisting of our most beloved FM authors, and give them the source code to extrapolate?

There are so many brilliant FM authors that have surpassed the original team. I would be more than glad to pay for nothing more than a Thief 4 that was running an updated Dark Engine. The premise is strong enough that rag-doll physics I can live without.

I loved the game "BLOOD," but BLOOD II killed it.
    I loved "DEUS EX," but Deus Ex II killed it.
    Thief III sucked for the same reason.
    And so on....

Give us what we want, and just update the graphics to roll with our updated rigs. That's all!

Just finished up Night One (on hard) - took 3 hrs, 30 mins. Superb work Lady R!! I only missed about 100 loot and got all the secrets so I'm pretty stoked!

Anyway, regarding the optional objective:

spoiler:

To cure *all* the plauge infected persons. I got all persons except the guy living above Basso's house. I had to come here to read a hint to actually confirm his existence -- but now I realize that I couldn't cure him even if I wanted to because I am out of Holy Water.

So my question is -- are there enough Holy Water vials in Night One to cure everyone assuming 1 vial per person?

I guess if I had known about the guy above Bassos' ahead of time I could rushed around and cured him AND Jenaveve with one bottle.

FYI: The people I did get to:

-Jenaveve
    -Guy in Sewer Station Maint 1
    -Knox's Lady Patient
    -Guy near fire/crates in alcove beneath walkway
    -The clockmaker
    -Private Guard patrolling behind fence near Market District

Person I missed:

-Guy living above Basso's house. Use rope arrow on adjacent wood paneling outside shop to get there.

--I found 6 Holy Water vials. Are there more than that in the mission or were you expected to find some way to double up on the cures? The only one I can think of that's even remotely possible is Jenaveve and the guy living above Bassos house. You could get him first, then quickly jump down and run into the house and shoot Jenaveve.

...anyway, onto Night Two! Great stuff!

There is more than enough if you PLAN the use. You have 30 seconds from activation. You need to try to get two or three in the use of one bottle

Jen does not count in the CURE ALL

There were 7 vials, one for each diseased. I don't know which one you didn't find. Maybe the one in a secret room?

Thank you for the compliments!

Whoa, this mission has finally been released?
    Excellent, I really look forward to playing this!

Lady Rowena: I'm sorry I never sent those EP models and textures that you asked me about. As an excuse, I offer the fact that I only finished tweaking them the day before yesterday, and I've been a bit busy organising the EP in general of late.

Well, it means that I will use them in my next FM then!

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Anyway, regarding the optional objective:

spoiler:
    Are there more than that in the mission or were you expected to find some way to double up on the cures?
    It's actually not that hard to double up on the cures. The trick is to lure a free roaming victim towards an isolated victim; that works the best. (For example, lead Jenivere outside of the shop, cure her, then scale the rope arrow and cure Basso's neighbor.) If you're really insane, you can gather every single free roaming plague victim in the mission, it saves a ton of supplies. If you do this, you only need 3 water arrows and 2 holy vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Well, it means that I will use them in my next FM then!
    I hope that is a promise. You know I'll be the first one to jump at the chance to test or play it.

You do out-standing work, near genius in fact.

Thanks for Rowena's Curse, and The Seven Sisters, both are masterpieces.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    I know but where is that sewer entrance I don't even have a sword yet..just some rope,standard and water arrows. After looking in that crypt I better have more than that. And who ever saw a brightly lit crypt ? Oh well, hence the challenge
    Hi LL, have you found the sewer entrance to the shop then.,.?

biker

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post

biker
    Yeah, he figured it out. About 2 pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post

biker
    spoiler:
    Through the judges house

I still haven't figured out how to nutralize the sister yet..any hints. She's out cold.Is that a problem ???

I still haven't figured out how to nutralize the sister yet..any hints. She's out cold.Is that a problem ???
    Not a problem to KO her. There should be a readable or two explaining what you need to do.
    spoiler:
    First you need to take her heart. Second there is a place you need to go to neutralize the heart. You should find the place easily if you keep going and do a few other things first.

What you need to do first:
    spoiler:
    Visit cathedral, crypt, and library.

Enabling Basso to get home

There is a problem with Basso stopping along the way and not being able to get him moving again. As Lady Rowena said, the main thing is to make a slot save before releasing Basso. If Basso gets stuck, I think the following detailed list of steps may be a way to get Basso home. I guess that not all these steps are necessary, but I think this procedure should work because it removes all excuses for Basso to stop. If you do all of this and it still does not work, please report back.
    spoiler:
    1. Turn off the watcher and open the front door to the Machanist complex.
    2. Open the door to sewer Maintenance #2, located out the front door and across the square from the complex.
    3. For good measure, you can even open the gates inside the sewer, but Basso should do this himself.
    4. This problem could be related to Basso's seeing a body or stumbling on a body along the route. Hide bodies near the Basso's path so he does not see them.
    5. Make a slot save before unlocking Basso's cell.
    6. Unlock the cell and follow Basso home. Sometimes he stops en route unless you follow him.
    7. If he stops somewhere, try to find out what the interference is, reload the slot save, clear the interference if you can, and try again.
    8. It does not seem possible to resume Basso's motion after he stops. That is why you need a slot save before releasing him.

I never had the stuck-on-body problem during testing. This could be because I kept the path clear. I do not know for sure what causes it. Good luck.
    Last edited by smithpd; 25th Dec 2007 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Not a problem to KO her. There should be a readable or two explaining what you need to do.
    spoiler:
    First you need to take her heart. Second there is a place you need to go to neutralize the heart. You should find the place easily if you keep going and do a few other things first.

What you need to do first:
    spoiler:
    Visit cathedral, crypt, and library.

I have already been to all those places...all I have left to do is take care of her and cure 2 more people. I have the heart and stone. I'm not the greatest at remembering everything I read. There is lots of readables in this mission.
    Next hint?

I need to put it where I found those seeds huh?
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Dec 2007 at 22:29.

Next hint?
    spoiler:
    As you come out of the library, you find a few frobbable sliding doors. One if them, off to the right as I recall, has a fancy gate pattern on it. Open it and find four holy fonts in a room. One of them will accept the heart when you drop it in the font (R key by default). The wrong one will have no effect. Pick it up and try another. There is a method to match it, but you only have four choices, so trial and error is easier than thinking.

I had a strange and unusual moment in the crypts. He walked around and everything.

(I wouldn't call this a spoiler, but it is of inside the crypt, if you don't want to see it before you see it...)
    Last edited by demagogue; 24th Dec 2007 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    spoiler:
    As you come out of the library, you find a few frobbable sliding doors. One if them, off to the right as I recall, has a fancy gate pattern on it. Open it and find four holy fonts in a room. One of them will accept the heart when you drop it in the font (R key by default). The wrong one will have no effect. Pick it up and try another. There is a method to match it, but you only have four choices, so trial and error is easier than thinking.
    If he has the heart, he might be on the streets now. So Lightningline, you have to return toward the Cathedral, enter the little courtyard at its right.....and go down...

I got it..I figured it out. But for the first time I would love to see a zombie. I cant shoot the one through the gate at the market and Mrs Pecock or whoever she is don't sound so good but I can only half pick her door. I also keep running into sewer acces 1 doors that are locked. Come on..just spoil it for me...I need another zombie. So far I got
    spoiler:
    Bassos neighbor..the guy by the fire and water and the one in the doctors cell.

Got it...
    Last edited by Lightningline; 24th Dec 2007 at 22:59.

I got it..I figured it out. But for the first time I would love to see a zombie. I cant shoot the one through the gate at the market and Mrs Pecock or whoever she is don't sound so good but I can only half pick her door. I also keep running into sewer acces 1 doors that are locked. Come on..just spoil it for me...I need another zombie. So far I got
    spoiler:
    So you didn't opened the gate in Market Square when you were on the other side?!!
    Well, for the one in Sewer 1, climb on the terrace adjacent to the Police Station, there is a ladder which leads down....

spoiler:
    Go to the Police station. Exit over the wall from the upperwalkway, to the roof facing Dr. Knox. Turn left. At the next building -before the patio- look left. There is a ladder, go down, unlock door, enter, go down, cure sewer worker, get key, throw lever.

Next, go to the Dancing Burrick. Look to the right across the canal. See the wooden beams? Figure how to use a rope to get in there. If you do, then when you exit, the main door, turn left, go through the arch and there's your guy at the grate.

Go to the far end of that street and into the door you find there. When you come out go past the opening to the market, the arch you entered by and open the next set of grates with the switch at the far right end of the street. Oldgate Close.

If you can't do it that way, then:
    Go through Archway walk to the mayor's house in front of the Mech Complex. Then through the arch into OldGate Close and do the above.

That should get you going.

EDIT: Thanks Elkston

This thing is monstrous! Every time I think "OK, I guess I've been through the whole city," I turn a corner and find a whole new area!

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540 ... LastLast