TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

Absolutely gorgeous mission. Thanks for all your hard work!

I should be in bed so I can get up early for Christmas but I can't stop playing this great mission and I'm only on the first night!

Merry Christmas!!!

Wow, so many posts already an I' m just downloading. Thanks Lady Rowena, this will be a great timekiller-missionfor the nest days!!
    By the way, the link under Darkluker.org seems to be the RowenasCurse-Mission (if you click the link 9it gives you that name)

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Wow, so many posts already an I' m just downloading. Thanks Lady Rowena, this will be a great timekiller-missionfor the nest days!!
    By the way, the link under Darkluker.org seems to be the RowenasCurse-Mission (if you click the link 9it gives you that name)

If you don't have "Curse", you might as well get that also. It too is a great mission.

WOW!!! BEAUTIFULL .... BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again: I'm stuck: I can't figure out how to get into the cathedral. I've been to the
    spoiler:
    Blacksmith's area and the sewers ... from the Judges chambers .....
    have been to the Cathedral area, but don't have a CLUE how to get in there.
    I've read all posts here, but I still can't figure it out in the gameplay
    I read a lot about beams .... but that was already IN the cathedral ..... and I'm not there yet!
    I never found a clue how to get to the key from the knockout guard behind a closed gate a.s.o. I've read that there must be something out there, but still I couldn't find it!

I also don't have any clue how to obtain the key (the first one) to the maintenance area ..... a.s.o.
    I must be missing something

I did find the
    spoiler:
    man who was drowned, because he couldn't swim, Nils, was it???
    I hoped to find a maintenance key on him or in that area, but I never found it!?

Help please!!!?

Lady Rowena, I'm astonished how you make this city a "REAL CITY"! THIS IS SÓ AWSOME!
    One day I hope to make such an A-POSITIVE-GOOD-FM!

Merry Christmas!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Hi Gloria,
    Did you go to Doctor Knox and Malthus houses already? If you don't you should, before entering the Cathedral.
    If you have already visited them, then go to the back of the Cathedral to find a way in.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    If you don't have "Curse", you might as well get that also. It too is a great mission.
    Yes, indeed! I played it and I loved it!

How do I open that
    spoiler:
    secret compartment in the cathedral, the one which the priest was talking about ? I can see the lines that mark the area(just outside the priest's room) but I am unable to find the switch to open it.

There is no secret compartment in the cathedral. The one mentioned in the diary is in the Hammerite's complex. You will go there later.

If I'm understanding well you are still in the cathedral, right?

No I am not in the cathedral.
    spoiler:
    I have got the holy seeds from the crypt & right now I am heading towards Maya's house.

The banned user, not the game
    just completed it and omg wow,i would have to say over all it was the best fm series i ever played

i look forward to finding all the secrets now for all 3 days of the mission
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

I managed to finish in this night. Only ran through on the laptop, but when I go home, I'll replay on the PC in high resolution. This city architecture is anwesome, I think you set the challenge to the editors about what can produce Dromed 2.
    Thank you, and let you have a beautiful Holiday like your FM.

Man, I am I cannot get basso to move. His path is clear, front door wide open. I saved the game right before releasing him. He won't have a problem getting to Jenivere, but, the problem is, he stands in Tenors Square, and just stands there, and stands there.
    I have loaded the game 3 times, and one time he moved another 5 feet. Its basically the same thing every time. I quit the game, and I'll try again later. *sigh*

[edit]now make that try #4[/edit]
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 25th Dec 2007 at 10:39.

I have a theory that a hit from the crossbow archer (initially upstairs in the Mech complex) causes the freeze. Can you immobilize her and try again?

If that doesn't work I'm stumped.

Thanks for the reply ffox. She is knocked out, everyone is knocked out, in the Mech building. Basso should have free reign of things, even in the city. The city watch are all asleep. I would have to go farther back in order to change things. At this rate, I may try this again some other time, right now, I cannot finish. Bummer.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Just about halfway through now, and there's so much good to say I don't even know where to begin, but this FM definitely has one very unique characteristic that (I believe) no FM before it has accomplished:

The first ever in-game gay Thief romance!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Shouldn't we have different threads for Nights one two and three ??? I am gonna start a night 2 now and see how it goes or this thread will be 20 pages long in another day. When a thread becomes to long the same question gets asked over and over because people do not want to read through 10 pages just to find an answer sometimes to find out it was never asked yet. I hope the lady don't mind

Makes sense to me, hopefully I can actually get to Night two.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Makes sense to me, hopefully I can actually get to Night two.

What is your problem? Maybe I can help. I played on hard .

Scroll up a little bit on this page, you'll see my problem. Basso the buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Scroll up a little bit on this page, you'll see my problem. Basso the buffoon.

Man..that sucks rocks. Nothing I can help with there. But I hope you cured Genivive first if you do get him working
    spoiler:
    because he goes that way through the cell and she would eat his brains if you didn't.

I learned to save often in this beautifull but sometimes frustrating mission pack.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 25th Dec 2007 at 12:28.

Yup already cured her first. Like the objective suggested.

I may have to go back to a previous save, which would really be backing up for me, and see what happens. I am curious though, I will not knock some of the mechanists.

I will leave the ones up stairs alone. The archer is a bit blind, only when you get in plain view does she see you. I'll see what happens. Something triggers this, its just trying to figure out what exactly.

BrokenArts: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End will get you to Night 2. If you've completed everything except for getting Basso home then you won't have missed much. But please investigate a bit more first.

BrokenArts
    I think that the real problem is when Basso sees dead or blackjacked people. Try removing any corpse from his sight and try again.
    Sorry for that. but I tested it to death ant it always worked for me.....

@BA,

Did you see my post above about what I think is (probably) a sure way to get Basso to go home? The post is half way down page 5, entitled "Enabling Basso to get home". Did you do a slot save before releasing Basso, so you can try these things? If not, maybe you should go back to before Basso's release and make a slot save at that point. From what I have read here, I don't think that reloading the stuck state will work.

I am not sure, but it could be related to Basso's seeing a body, so if you do it again hide bodies along Basso's route. I just edited my post to add a "hide bodies" step and a few other notes.

This never happened to me, and it was seen only once in the beta testing, so I am not completely familiar with this problem.

EDIT: it took me some time to write this, so I did not see Lady Rowena's post. Like she said....

@ Peter and Lady Rowena.

Thank you for the replies. It was the bodies, but, how and in which order, which made this interesting.

The bodies in question, were Julius, Jason, and Ed.

First I moved Ed to the adjacent room, where the edibles are, where he patrols. I left Julius and Jason, by the door to sewer #2. It was dark, Basso supposedly shouldn't of seen them.

Basso froze, again. OK, try again.

This time, I moved them them in the other room, where the hatches are. I left Ed where he was, in that adjacent room.

That was not enough. Basso still got stuck.

This time, I moved all 3 bodies to the area where the zombie/guard used to patrol right off Tennors Square. I healed him, so he was gone.

Once I did that, Basso finished what he was supposed to do, and get this.

That guard I healed, I forgot he chased me into where Jenivere was. I had to kill him, right after healing him. His body was in the doorway to Jen's cell, where she was captive.

Basso stepped right over him, and kept going.

At least I figured it out, just an odd thing.

Thanks for the help. Now I can finish the way it was intended to be finished.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 25th Dec 2007 at 16:54.

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126313641 ... LastLast