TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

jtr7
    So it was an official reference?

What the blue flames thing? I was just joking, I doubt any of the T3 devs even played that mission.

I've probably seen blue flames as a 'magical flame' in countless movies/comics/games... They probably have too.

Adding new automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ... adding new automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ... redoing automaps ... reordering automaps ...

Have I mentioned that I HATE automaps? They make my brain hurt.

Automaps are well worth the effort. I don't know if you've noticed but if you've set up an automap and set the property on all your rooms, and then you realise that there's one room that you forgot to define, you won't have to redo everything. If you have pages '...ra', '...rb' and '...rc', just make a new page called '...rd' and put the missing room(s) on that. When you run the cutout and makerect tools, the ...ra/b/c cutouts will have the same numbers with the ...rd cutouts having the highest numbers.

That's also helpful if you're not sure whether a place should have one big cutout or several smaller ones. You just add another ...rletter page with the alternative idea.
    Last edited by R Soul; 17th Feb 2011 at 08:19.

Its not so much the forgotten room as the total redoing and reredoing of the maps to look halfway decent in-game. Until I see that awful yellow and purple in-game I don't know how good / bad the map is.

More screens from Darkstone Gem part 2:

It's only the basement level (not finished) of the place i'm going to do...

Yeah, Mechanists, but there's something else

That looks very good, but I'd advise against using bricks for flat ceilings.

/o\

Right now I am extending the Rumford Manor with additional floors, a larger basement and a garden surrounding the whole manor:

I'm starting to like this "Reloaded"-idea

jtr7
    Excellent!

As my own aside, I always thought this manor looked like mainly a place to entertain a few guests, more than a home. The back area we never see, separated from the front by the tall hedges on either side, the windows (and lack thereof) always opaque from the inside, and the oddly large number of power generators in the basement with so many torches and gaslights that don't need the electricity. This could only be a grand guest house on the Rumford estate!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Reworking a small area of the DCE Hammer church.

Gloomy! Nice work, Yandros.

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful

Looks great, Russ! Can't wait to see that church in the flesh

I bet that window is worth some lute.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    *arrgh*

That was positively paneful...

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Right now I am extending the Rumford Manor with additional floors, a larger basement and a garden surrounding the whole manor:

I'm starting to like this "Reloaded"-idea

Cool Intruder ! Looking good ! Yep, the Reloaded idea was right on!

It is amazing how visceral my reaction is to the sound of a seriously upset infant. It just reaches straight through my ears to my emotions. Hopefully it will do the same for others.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28101__neonaeon__&#98.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	897

Honestly, it just irritates me immensely. But then, I appreciate that my reaction is not considered typical.

I am building lots of spiral stairs for my library towers, which is pretty much a cell overflow waiting to happen. It's also a lot of other things waiting to happen: I keep three DromEd folders and when one of them stops working I switch to the next and keep on building until I need to switch again. The third time switching is needed, then hopefully one of the already used folders has started working again or otherwise I need to reboot my machine (or just wait some more) and then DromEd has usually started working again in at least one of the three folders. Starting DromEd involves sometimes running it as admin, sometimes with some comp mode on, sometimes both and sometimes first running it with "Protect my computer..." checked (in this mode DromEd cannot read some of my partitions), stop it and then start it again without "Protect my computer..." or some other combination.

Processing the mission is like asking DromEd to crash, which it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't (with no clue as to which it will be).
    Last edited by qolelis; 4th Mar 2011 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Honestly, it just irritates me immensely. But then, I appreciate that my reaction is not considered typical.
    Nah, you're not alone. I guess it's probably a symptom of not actually having children, but screaming infants just irritate me. Noisy little brats...

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    That was positively paneful...
    *double arghh*

lol

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I guess it's probably a symptom of not actually having children, but screaming infants just irritate me.
    Yes, it is. Since if you have children, you either become desensitized to it or else you wind up being one of those gits in the news who shakes his baby to death because it wouldn't stop crying.

Hmm... think I'll remain childless to be on the safe side!

Ritual Dagger Loot

I got stuck for a bit today, so I thought I'd make a ritual dagger loot item while I figured out what next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AnRitualDaggerVie.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	902

Page 144 of 299 FirstFirst ... 449499104109114119124129134139140141142143144145146147148149154159164169174179184189194244 ... LastLast