TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Yes

edit: 11 issues resolved.
    Last edited by R Soul; 26th Apr 2011 at 14:30.

I played through the rest of the missions. It's a 3 mission series with a 4th being a sort of conclusion.

I found 3 more issues in the first mission and in the second and third missions, a total of 46.

I've got another mission in this campaign to a previewable standard, so I made another preview video. Not sure what's going on with the resolution, as it appears to have squashed the footage a little. Still, the HD version should be clear enough if you can't see what's happening in the smaller video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39bSMtQ8TTw

Enjoy!

I love the sound of rain falling on the roof when inside.

Totally agree. It's a wonderful noise and as it happens, it was pissing down outside when I was watching that.

With this and an All Torc sequel in the not too distant future, things are definitely looking rosy.

A very atmospheric video nicked

Here is what I spent my weekend with:

This is a free controllable submarine, i.e. capable of moving forward, backward, glide to the sides, sink and surface.
    It is not an elevator and therefore free controllable by the player. The main problem was to solve the lack of collision with terrain and other objects. But setting up a proximity sensor for each direction (an emitter, firing a sensor projectile) solved the problem.

The last thing I have to do is to attach the player to the cockpit...

It's a salt-jar-marine!

Nice

Some years ago I tried to model something with Anim8or and Blender, but I can't get used to such programs. So I stick to existing objects and combine them together if necessary

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Nice

Some years ago I tried to model something with Anim8or and Blender, but I can't get used to such programs. So I stick to existing objects and combine them together if necessary
    Thats a very clever way of making what you need Intruder ! My hat is off to you !

Just to celebrate that I am kind of "back in business" again:

The door in the background is from Yandros's excellent HMDK, by the way.

Just watch your steps

When I started building my towers, I wanted an open look for the interiors, but I'm now thinking of adding a pillar in the middle, because it looks better. The problem is that I will run out of cells long before I finish adding all needed pillars, so I would have to lower the cell count somewhere else first, but I might finally be out of things to rebuild - unless I do something drastic.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Nice work qolelis, glad to know you are still working on your campaigns.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    The door in the background is from Yandros's excellent HMDK, by the way.
    Don't credit me (or just me) with the door. IIRC it's the one from the EP.

Here's some screenshots from intruder's ship - I can't take all the credit, I just did some retexturing and placed the furniture! (click for full size)

Wow! Those are truly awesome! Great work, both of you.

Right now I'm doing something drastic - which means totally rebuilding my exteriors: My monastery was supposed to be built in a green valley (protected from the cold northern winds, allowing for apple trees and crops and stuff), but when I ran out of cells, the valley turned square, which of course looks ridiculous, so that will be fixed now, but most of all I will save a lot of cells (which I can spend where it counts). The monastery will be built in a mountain slope instead and what was once the exteriors are moved outside the scope of this FM. Then I will probably add supporting center pillars for all my spiral stairs (for the safety of my dear Hammerites (and redface )).

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Don't credit me (or just me) with the door. IIRC it's the one from the EP.
    Noted. I'll make sure to credit everyone who contributed to HMDK.
    Last edited by qolelis; 4th May 2011 at 05:44.

Well done nicked! I like your choice of textures and objects

Just wanted to comment and say that I've clearly been on a hiatus from learning Dromed. Been real busy.

But I've retained a bit of what I learned. I was stuck on room sound brushes, if I remember correctly. I think it'll be great to get back and practice again.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I don't know if I'm going about this the right way, but I've been replacing some brushes with reskinnable objects, like the secret door or the crushing-wall objects. I was wondering, what object aligns best with textures? Or does it depend on the size of the object or the texture being applied?

Redface won't have to worry about falling anymore, since I've added support pillars to all my spiral stairs now. I had to rebuild a lot of course to get down the cell count and fit in the support pillars. My monastery is now integrated with the mountain slope and I skipped the valley idea completetly, which saved me around 1000 cells. I think it even looks better too

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Great choice of textures! Looks great

I only have one suggestion to align the "arch" texture with the doorway. It looks cut off. Maybe you could fit the doorway inside one of the arches!?

I've been busy lately so there's no much time to spare with DromEd/day, but so far I've made some catacombs, caves and stuff.

Storyline is actually also bit dark to me yet, but seems like it will include some running in ancient gravesystem

these photos are captured with light_bright because I haven't found yet nice way to make these corridors lit.

Random hall #0001

"Not this way"

That dude in grave is just some random knight... (I give a big hand to LarryG for that AMAZING skeleton model)

and last there's forest where you must find entrance to catacombs (it's the only place that's lit so far)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Even without proper lighting, those ruined areas look great! Looking forward to the mission.

I've spent about two weeks developing the private guard for the Highwater Estate (DCE). After probably a dozen failed attempts, I finally got something Rob and I both like with this double-unicorn crest:

(Click for large version)

It wasn't until I made it look like a metallic emblem and settled on the uniform colours that it finally came together. Thanks to Otto for the base textures. The meshes on the sides are his remapped sword guard which uses two different textures; the guy in the middle is a reskinned standard no-KO guard. The guy in the middle is the Captain, and he's one mean bastard. Also, thanks to Rob for continuing to tell me the crest was OK when I was ready to abandon it.

Nice work!

Just an idea:
    Is it possible to make the emblem on the uniform of AIs replaceable?
    If this would be possible, one could use the same AIs for different noble families etc. which could have their own emblem without having to re-create the whole texture...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Hmmmm, I don't know. Perhaps a vhot on the chest that one could attach a crest emblem too? I don't know how well it would work.

Page 147 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4797102107112117122127132137142143144145146147148149150151152157162167172177182187192197247 ... LastLast