TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

I've been working on these remote cameras for S7. I think the thing I'm most excited about is that you can switch between 2 weapon modes by holding down the attack button.

The missiles act as both a camera and an EM burst device (for knocking out lights and robots stealthily). So using this method I can keep everything in one weapon slot without further bloating the player's inventory.

Wow!

Clearinghouse
    Cool.

Oh boy!

Southquarter.com/fms
    I am constantly amazed by the stuff I read in this thread (and this forum). It really makes me want to go out and do...something...

That's the spirit!

Archivist
    Genius!

I just finished designing the interior of my Nautilus. While the upper deck is rather spacious with a galley, crew quarters, a salon etc., the lower deck is crammed full of machines, storage containers, spare parts and other equipment.

Now it's time to start designing the real missions.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Cool, Marcus! Of course, I'm going to be a dufus and say the thing I'm most impressed by is the 1 second of static when you first activate the camera. How'd you do that? It didn't look like a static image to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Cool, Marcus! Of course, I'm going to be a dufus and say the thing I'm most impressed by is the 1 second of static when you first activate the camera. How'd you do that? It didn't look like a static image to me.
    That's just a room with an animated texture of static on the walls. Activating your camera just activates the one in that room first. . . after a second that camera activates you. . .and then you spit out a thing and some stuff happens. . .and voila! Using Dromed is weird.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That was my best guess, but knowing you, I figured it might be something outrageous. Great work! When will S7, or FP, enter Beta?

That was my best guess, but knowing you, I figured it might be something outrageous. Great work! When will S7, or FP, enter Beta?
    I'm going to go with June 2026

Fooling around a bit in DromEd, I managed to create animated rising/falling water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhn145byEg

I did it using two objects but it can be done using only one.

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Fooling around a bit in DromEd, I managed to create animated rising/falling water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhn145byEg

I did it using two objects but it can be done using only one.
    Cool Haplo. . . how are you doing that with just 2 (or 1) object? Is it a door?

Could we possibly get a demo or tutorial for that, Haplo? I would love to see how it works!

Or are you keeping it secret 'til your mission is released?

No, nothing secret about it. I believe in sharing all the ideas and breakthroughs. This is how the community thrives.

The implementation is quite simple: It is a secret 2x2 slidy door, re-textured with a water texture TGA taken from Russ's What Lies Below and given a transparency of 0.80.
    I created a marker, gave it the NVRelayTrap script and set it up so it would begin at mission start and send infinite TurnOn messages to itself (the marker) every half a second. The marker also had the TrapMoveRelative script to rotate the door by 90 degrees every time it was triggered. So every half a second the door gets rotated 90 degrees and gives the illusion of animated water.

This can be achieved using only one object too: Put the NVRelayTrap on the door itself and instead of TurnOns make it periodically send a custom stim to itself (the door). Give the door a receptron for that stim to teleport itself to its own location with a 90 degrees rotation.

If you need the exact details I can write up a small tutorial.

Quite simple, really! Of course this only works with square doors, but something similar can be done for rectangular doors (moving slightly back and forth in the X direction, for example).
    Last edited by Haplo; 20th Oct 2011 at 22:37.

I've just about finished off the main display on the second floor, ended up making completely new rope barrier objects, lights, and several textures in the process . It still looks a little bare though, so I may end up going back later to add some extra touches if I have the inclination. Now I need to rig up the alarm systems and decide just how evil I want to be. I suspect I'll add increasing levels of security as the difficulty level increases...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Very cool, Ali! The water that goes up and down in WLB is similar, they were doors as well but also were conveyors as I recall to provide the illusion of current (which you don't need here obviously). I had one idea on yours, too - if the object and the basin were round, you could use a rotate tweq to make it swirl around smoothly.

I had one idea on yours, too - if the object and the basin were round, you could use a rotate tweq to make it swirl around smoothly.
    Cool idea! I will definitely try it.

Some first impressions of the 3rd mission of my (yet untitled) Nautilus-campaign, where the vessel is stuck in a minefield and under attack by a Megalodon:

The job of the player will be to defuse the mines while watching out for sharks and later to rescue his crew member from the gigant shark.

Haplo can you write a tutorial what you do for the wateranimation please

intruder looks and sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    The job of the player will be to defuse the mines while watching out for sharks and later to rescue his crew member from the gigant shark.
    So it's not enough to learn to deal with zombies, mage ghosts, fireshadows and other undead and humans of all types, we have to learn to fight sharks now as well. Fantastic!!!

I must say those screenshots look absolutely excellent.

Man that is some severely awesome stuff, intruder. You always manage to cook up some of the most awesome things ever!

I should read that book at once! (Read only Mysterious Island so far that referenced Nautilus and it's fate & stuff)

Btw is the Soulforge project on hold for now due to the Nautilus campaign?
    Last edited by Thor; 21st Oct 2011 at 15:58.

Page 161 of 311 FirstFirst ... 61111116121126131136141146151156157158159160161162163164165166171176181186191196201206211261 ... LastLast