TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    And what about The Idol, Clue, that Master Thief Contest mission, and the small mission where you asked an artist for permission to use his work in it?

You might want to postpone your moving to TDM tilll...2020?
    Oh yeah, well, those are all on the back burner right now. I may come back to them all some day, don't know. And the Contest mission and the Artist one are the same mission, btw. As for TDM... not sure now I will ever make the change. I barely have time to Dromed now, changing platforms entirely is probably not in the cards for me.

Dromed screens.

Darkstone Gem part 3 (Finished)

And part 4 (95% done)

My life has been taking some pretty unexpected turns latey, so I don't know when I'll be getting back to the things I'm working on. I might even officially abandon some of it (at least the prison island and the mountain cloister/library).

Ok the trees are finally ready ( but not finished )

Thanks for info Schwaa thats really good to know. One day before you posted that I tried to reduce some polys on a model I deleted some faces and corner and made some faces cross each other and in the end the .bin model had more polys than the .bin file I saved before.
    Me at that moment: but thanks to you I understand why.

Ok as I said the models are ready for a release. I still want to do a bit more especially after I read Schwaa's post. But that would need a lot more time.

Currently I'm building a "mission" for them with some explanations and to show how to combine the models which consist of more than one model.

Since English is not my native language It would be cool if someone could read through my text.
    Any volunteers?

Behold Karras's latest (and probably most useful) invention: A door with coat hook attached!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GEjdemd39g

Requires two objects (door, CoatHook) and NVScript.

Nice one. Which NVScripts are used and what do they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Behold Karras's latest (and probably most useful) invention: A door with coat hook attached!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GEjdemd39g

Requires two objects (door, CoatHook) and NVScript.
    Cool!

I did something similar a while back, but with a star attached to the door.

My approach was just to use a PartlcleAttachement link after giving the star particle properties. What does NVScript get you?

NVRelayTrap on the hook (triggered by TrigWorldFrob of the door). It sends a special stim to itself 200 times within two seconds. The receptron of the stim makes it teleport itself to the door's position plus an offset.
    The advantage of this set up is that you can attach the hook (or any other object) anywhere on the door, without having to modify the door object.

Just hang a bloody corpse on the hook and you'll have a great set up for a scary scene!

Oh. OK. I just added a vhot to the door. I wonder which approach uses less run-time resources?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Oh. OK. I just added a vhot to the door. I wonder which approach uses less run-time resources?
    Not sure, but I'd say the ParticleAttachment method needs more resources because the engine will have to constantly check the position of the star against the position of the door.
    Also, not everyone knows how to modify object models and add vhots to them (myself included!).

Yesterday I started to read me into this topic
    In my opinion there is a lack of tutorials
    the most valuable (and only one I found): Vhot/Joint Tutorial

Anyone knows a different one?

Specific to creating / modifying objects, you might want to look at the tutorials on the Low Poly Guild website.

Also check out the tutorials listed at the sticky at the top of this forum: Tutorials overview

Hi, I novice here.
    I trying to make a forest for my wip-fm-campaing. Preview will be later.

Last edited by Soul Tear; 30th Mar 2012 at 14:26.

Archivist
    Whoozers, that looks very nice for a debut Love the atmopshere of that forest.

Good work, Soul Tear.

Finally another forest-type FM, great!
    I really like this kind of eerie atmosphere conveyed by your screenshots

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful screenshots, Soul Tear! Супер

wow! Your pictures are impressive. I look forward to walk in this forest!

Those look amazing

I'm in the middle of picking up the pieces from a pretty spectacular drive crash (a good 5% of the drive is entirely unreadable, and the drive locks up as soon as the error correction systems kick in). Better yet, the first replacement drive I ordered? DOA, wouldn't even spin up, and was talking gibberish over the bus! This /might/ have had something to do with the fact that Amazon shipped it in one of their standard C1 book cardboard envelopes with no packing whatsoever. Morons. I've seen what the post guys do with those things, and most of it is deeply inimical to hard drive health.

And, yes, the dead drive is naturally the one with all my games on it, including Thief.

Thankfully, I've managed to obtain a working replacement drive (knock on wood...) and I back up all my work to another machine, so I might have lost at most a couple of days of work, and I still might be able to recover that if I force the dead drive to just let me at the data without being "helpful".

Bloody irritating though. Died on the same day as my laptop, too

As an update to the previous: I've managed to get everything set up again, and even managed to recover my Dromed directory intact, so I'm back to chipping away at stuff!

Archivist
    Great news

New screenshots from FM in development

In battle against "Too many polygons" I still cope.
    And I continue to build a nature areas:

As amazing as your previous screenshots, Soul Tear! You could move some areas into deep canyons or caves to get rid of the "too many polygons" errors.

Really really nice images Soul
    I'm frightened - great atmosphere

The light bar id you made it yourself or did you find it anywhere?

Is you might have seen I'm upgrading the textures in my tree pack so if you didn't you can see them here as Slideshow

But I'm also doing a few other things:

Since in my FM you wont play as Garrett I'm trying to get new a new look to some things.
    After two days of work I'm (nearly) finished with a new blade texture.
    with the normal sword(s) this is not so easily to be done but Targa made a really great(*) model here: New Sword.

I used his sword as base and made a new blade(the dark gray part):
    Object:

Interface

What I'm worrying about is the transparency I'm using a high res tga as image so if I don't add Renderer -> Transparency: 1.0 my transparent spaces are black ingame.

ehe transparency on the players arm and where is it in the object hierarchy?
    EDIT2: Solves thanks to NV' NVNewWeapon script and thanks RSoul for the hint

Bow
    3 different bow textures (only bow!)
    Bowmodel inlc. the bow site is made by Targa (look above)
    Can't remember right away who made the basso arm skin

V1-V3

I think I remove the metal on the top of V1/2 - looks a bit strange.

(*)yes the model is great but I have no idea of making meshes and converting them and It was really a mess to fit the texture to the sword.
    Last edited by Daraan; 12th Apr 2012 at 19:27. Reason: Added EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Daraan View Post
    What I'm worrying about is the transparency I'm using a high res tga as image so if I don't add Renderer -> Transparency: 1.0 my transparent spaces are black ingame.
    Try installing NVScript and adding NVNewWeapon to the new sword's archetype. You'll also need to make a metaproperty containing the transparency property.

I found out that I can enable the transparency if I add transparency to the Object(-1) archetype.
    But adding Transparency to Object(-1) - I got a bad feeling about it.
    Definitely a bad idea - that property, when the value is 1, will mess up the rendering of any object that doesn't have any transparency.

Page 170 of 314 FirstFirst ... 70120125130135140145150155160165166167168169170171172173174175180185190195200205210215220270 ... LastLast