TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

The layout of the mansion in my level has been completed. Now the more time consuming part will be figuring out what to do in making the rooms more detailed, what textures I should actually use and stuff. As of now, I've finished creating a fireplace with a secret entrance to an adjacent room, and 4 pillars of water. Why pillars of water? Why not? The ideas I've got for this thing are inspired by the level design of The Sword, so I thought I'd try and do something bizarre and weird with the interior of the mansion.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ArclightBorealis View Post
    The layout of the mansion in my level has been completed. Now the more time consuming part will be figuring out what to do in making the rooms more detailed, what textures I should actually use and stuff. As of now, I've finished creating a fireplace with a secret entrance to an adjacent room, and 4 pillars of water. Why pillars of water? Why not? The ideas I've got for this thing are inspired by the level design of The Sword, so I thought I'd try and do something bizarre and weird with the interior of the mansion.
    Sounds great,yes,let your imagination run wild. The sword was a great original. Good luck with your mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Hey Soultear,

im highly fascinated by your work. It is really impressive. Can you give us a short intro what youre campaign will be about? Or is it a secret?
    Thanks, Garrett

In brief, a parallel universe has led to the emergence of some anomalies in the provincial town.
    The Keepers are concerned about this fact, blah-blah-blah, and send Garrett to investigate Research Center on the outskirts of the city.

By that time, the City already is investigating the incident. Involve all: The Guards, The Hammerite, competent Magic Order.
    Of course, Garrett does not miss the moment to steal here and there. But soon he realizes that this is not an easy job and everything is just beginning.
    It will be a lot of zombies, monsters, secret orders, high difficulty, alternative realities and a BIG secret.

In some ways it will be like the Seven Sisters, Rocksburg and Broken Triad.
    I note that no "evil" or "bad guy" will not. Garrett will face a new form of consciousness and he will have to look at things from a different angle.

I plan to just six or seven missions. Still, I decided to first release one or two.

I will try to make a demo movie for YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    In brief, a parallel universe has led to the emergence of some anomalies in the provincial town.
    The Keepers are concerned about this fact, blah-blah-blah, and send Garrett to investigate Research Center on the outskirts of the city.
    Sounds a bit like Fringe, but very interesting. Good luck with your project!

Combining the "dynamically change the colour of the world" technique (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137228) with NVPhantomTrap to get the ambient colour to fade in/out between two values:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjgrZdy6gms

Here's more of the factory setting I'm working on. The thing I'm liking most about the new texture features is that you can now work in different scales and still retain nice crisp shadows (and of course that it renders faster too!) Fit a texture to a 24 unit wall - no problem!

I think the rooms shown are probably the biggest rooms I've ever tried working with. The amount of work it would have taken in the old days of 1.18 to build rooms of this size (and keep crisp shadows) would would have prevented me from doing them all together. Older versions of this seem so small now. 1.19 has definitely help me break out of some ruts

ZylonBane
    Cripes. Looks like something out of the Source engine.

Yeah, it reminds me of Nova Prospekt. Absolutely beautiful (well, it's urban decay, so not "beautiful", but you know what I mean...)

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Yeah, it reminds me of Nova Prospekt. Absolutely beautiful (well, it's urban decay, so not "beautiful", but you know what I mean...)
    Yeah, I should probably dial back the more modern looking textures (I'm thinking of the first pic). I'm shooting for a more 1920's style factory

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Unbelievable...

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Yeah, it reminds me of Nova Prospekt.
    I was so going to post this. Damn you!

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Unbelievable...
    +1

Day-um, Slippy. You are giving the Russian modders behind Half-Life Paranoia a run for their money!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Amazing as always, M. I recognize those white bricks too, but I assume now it's a much larger version of that texture.

Texturing and lighting is spot on. Not much else to say, really.

The sword in this world will seem a bit strange.

I didn't think there'd be a sword in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Here's more of the factory setting I'm working on. The thing I'm liking most about the new texture features is that you can now work in different scales and still retain nice crisp shadows (and of course that it renders faster too!) Fit a texture to a 24 unit wall - no problem!

I think the rooms shown are probably the biggest rooms I've ever tried working with. The amount of work it would have taken in the old days of 1.18 to build rooms of this size (and keep crisp shadows) would would have prevented me from doing them all together. Older versions of this seem so small now. 1.19 has definitely help me break out of some ruts

It's been said but this really is looking unbelievable. At first glance the first image looks like it could be a real photo from an old abandoned building.

A little test with HD background

Thief 2 FM - King's Story - HD Background Test

It would be awesome to see a release of KS for 1.19.

Well, just some test, I just realized with 1.19 you can do colored lights in Thief 1/Gold, thatīs pretty cool news (for me atleast )

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by knick View Post
    Well, just some test, I just realized with 1.19 you can do colored lights in Thief 1/Gold, thatīs pretty cool news (for me atleast )
    No, you can't. What you can do is run Thief 1/Gold missions in the Thief 2 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    No, you can't. What you can do is run Thief 1/Gold missions in the Thief 2 engine.
    Yes, uhm, I probably somehow meant that. 1.19, which is the Thief 2 engine anyway. Forgive me, ZB

BTW, Sliptip, your screenshots look totally fantastic! What is the resolution of your textures? And inside Dromed, whatīs the most common texturescale for them?

Forgive my bad english please.
    Last edited by knick; 17th Oct 2012 at 06:32.

Well I've actually searched my computer high and low for my current (read...started as an entry for the beauty contest) mission file and game system along with the relevant custom content. I'm pleased to report I've got mis and gam files, all textures and most objects. The map is 95% complete save for any new areas that might be needed as the story progresses but I don't think I'll need much more as I had it all planned 3 or 4 years ago.

It's almost time to bring it to life and that means, AI, scripting, readables and objectives...aka the hard stuff. (at least for me) The master plan is two maps and three missions...night 1, night 2 and night 3. Right now my ambition seriously outweighs my abilities as I know next to nothing about scripting events and for this thing to work as planned I'll need quite a bit of that. I pray The Builder's forbearance and the current tut's will get me through.

This:

for atleast a week for now

Page 179 of 302 FirstFirst ... 79129134139144149154159164169174175176177178179180181182183184189194199204209214219224229279 ... LastLast