TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Return to the Lost City

Another sunken temple which was once lined with obelisks (click to enlarge):

I've been working updating the cameras in S7. I've been messing around with them for some time and have finally decided how they should be set up:

Place up to 3 cameras and activate the viewer. Clicking the attack button activates the cameras. Holding the attack button down switches between them.

Note the red circles when the cameras are placed. These show the area covered by the motion sensors. The only thing I don't like is that you get overlapping messages when more than one camera senses motion. I need to figure out how to have more of a delay between messages.

Oh and forgive the font used for the text - that's from Fables which I haven't gotten around to changing yet!

@Sliptip: your work just keeps getting more amazing and yet more amazing.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Hear hear. I can't even imagine how most of that is even done.

Very nice, Steffen!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    @Sliptip: your work just keeps getting more amazing and yet more amazing.
    I agree completely!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    All you guys are doing such an amazing work that I don't know if I should feel encouraged or if I should just give up and vanish in the shadows again.
    Sliptip, I have no words.....

As for me, I'm still replacing textures, replacing textures, replacing textures.....

You should feel encouraged! You are as talented as anyone here and everyone loves your missions. You are one of the very best and you're in good company.

Hear, hear! Tannar has it right, Lady R. Everyone is looking forward to what you will bring to the party next.

bikerdude
    Very nice work Sensut

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Place up to 3 cameras and activate the viewer. Clicking the attack button activates the cameras. Holding the attack button down switches between them.
    Okay, I give up-- How are you doing the blurring around the periphery of the camera images?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Okay, I give up-- How are you doing the blurring around the periphery of the camera images?
    I wish I could take credit but I didn't actually do that, it just came standard with Dromed 1.19.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Not sure if there's much of an interest in something like this, but I've been working on a tutorial for setting up in-game shops using Tnhscript. I can tell you it is quite a bit easier than some of the other shop tutorials I've seen out there, ones that quite frankly make my head spin. No knowledge of Sources/Receptrons or Conversations needed, it's actually pretty beginner to intermediate stuff. Just fine tuning it now, should be able to post it along with a demo this weekend sometime.

This sounds really helpful. I'm looking forward to it!

I get a little irked when I see fireplace smoke coming out of the tops of fireplaces, so I'm writing a tutorial explain how to modify those SFXs. It's not a difficult thing to do really.

Brethren: Avoiding conversations is always a good thing. S&R are fine once you get used to them, but it's usually best to start with them on their own, rather than as a part of a more complex system (like an in game shop).
    Last edited by R Soul; 28th Dec 2012 at 20:11.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I get a little irked when I see fireplace smoke coming out of the tops of fireplaces, so I'm writing a tutorial explain how to modify those SFXs. It's not a difficult thing to do really.
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    All you guys are doing such an amazing work that I don't know if I should feel encouraged or if I should just give up and vanish in the shadows again.
    Sliptip, I have no words.....

As for me, I'm still replacing textures, replacing textures, replacing textures.....
    Lady Rowena, there are many good FM authors, there are many great FM authors and there are many quite brilliant FM authors.
    Then there are a select few whose work continues to inspire, enthrall and delight and serve as a blueprint to all those good, great and quite brilliant authors.
    Count yourself among the few.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Lady Rowena, there are many good FM authors, there are many great FM authors and there are many quite brilliant FM authors.
    Then there are a select few whose work continues to inspire, enthrall and delight and serve as a blueprint to all those good, great and quite brilliant authors.
    Count yourself among the few.
    Well said! I second that.

A golden roach hat pin to go along with this childhood rhyme of mine:

Silly Cat
    had a hat
    with a broach
    like a roach
    on the brim
    holding trim
    it was old
    made of gold
    beaten in
    was the pin.
    Silly Cat
    wore the hat
    to the well
    down it fell,
    just the pin,
    off and in,
    not the hat,
    Silly Cat,
    that stayed on
    broach now gone,
    down it fell,
    in the well
    seen no more
    such delor,
    Cat's tears fell
    down the well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROACH2view.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	1582
    Last edited by LarryG; 31st Dec 2012 at 17:56.

Very nice work, Larry! And nice poem, too. What's a "delor"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Very nice work, Larry! And nice poem, too. What's a "delor"?
    sorrow; grief. from the Middle English dolour, to feel pain. The name Delores has the same ultimate root in Latin.

Flow brushes for flooded tunnels are a real pain to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Flow brushes are a real pain to work with.
    Fixed. Bloody water...

Sliptip: How do you do it man? Freaking awesome!
    Sensut: Sensut, I must say you continuously outdo yourself with each FM. And granted, your earlier work was also pretty top notch. But this is just wonderful.

Best of luck to both of you. I've been putting off work in Dromed out of pure laziness this winter (And recent driver issues), but I gotta start working in Dromed soon. All this great work is just too much for me to handle.

How do you guys like this outside area I used DedX textures.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    It looks good, but the texture on the left noticeably tiles upwards too much, imo. Maybe throw something in there to make it less obvious?

I worked on these four forest textures over the holidays. They're meant to replace the crappier ones included in the large texture pack I released. Each image is comprised of a lower half and an upper half. The upper half tiles with the lower section, and also tiles with itself. The zip includes the smaller versions and the larger versions of each.

Page 187 of 311 FirstFirst ... 87137142147152157162167172177182183184185186187188189190191192197202207212217222227232237287 ... LastLast