TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Shift + ;

Then type show_stats
    Cool, thanks. It doesn't show how many polygons are in the scene, but it does show me the framerate. It's holding steady at 60FPS. If I look at all the models according to what DarkExporter gives me, it's got 12,380 polys in the scene. It looks like New Dark can handle quite a bit more than what I thought.

Anyway, dunno if I'm treading old ground here, but I've kept playing around with the materials to see what I can come up with. Trying to decipher what means what out of that readme that came with the patch has been kind of a pain in the ass, but I managed to make a cool moon effect using environment and grunge maps.

Basically, it's a glorified skybox that displays through a mask on my textures. I've got a little bitty cloudy circle that looks like the moon shining through some thick clouds, and a mask with a light glow and a bunch of streaks to make it look like it's reflecting and diffusing through a layer of grime. Whenever you move, the grime stays where it's at, but the moon bobs along with you.

Dunno how much you can tell from these overly dark screenshots, but this is what it looks like.

From the left
    From the right
    Up close

Also sorta figured out how to get my models to cast shadows, so now the scene looks much more interesting. Also showed me I've still got tons and tons to learn here.

So that's just one texture? Not a view to outside? That's incredible!

Moderator and Priest
    Yup. Any time I pop that texture into my map, it'll have that effect attached to it.

It's not perfect. Each window is it's own instance of that box, so if you have 5 windows lined up, you'll have 5 moons showing through them. Plus it kinda pops and shifts about when you get too close to it sometimes. But it's still neat, and definitely has it's uses.

Though you could chalk up any errors I'm having as me not being too familiar with it yet. Chances are good I'm not doing something right.

edit: Uploaded a 50MB video if anyone's interested. I tried putting it on Youtube, but the quality was about teetotal crap on there.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 7th Jan 2013 at 04:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I think she meant she wanted you to "Lurksie See, Lurksie Do" more.
    Well it has been nearly a year now.

Renzatic, I am amazed! I I'd like to see it in my mission. So far my windows looks very unnatural.
    But 12,380 polys in the scene…
    How it would look if you add some lights?

There is nothing new. I improve areas that already made.

Repainted vine from Vurt’s pack:

Multibrush wagon:

And else some:

(I not understand why screenshots not as small preview.)

Clearinghouse
    Нет слов Looks awesome

Classical Master 2008
    That's certainly something!

DromEd Archmage
    Hey man! Swear me that you won't gave up on this mission!
    We see too many beautiful mission, and I want to play this one that you are working on!

When you'll need betabest, ask me!
    When that would be release about?

Exactly I'm not choose a job that will not allow me to spend enough time in DromEd. End of the world is failed, so other reasons to refuse my FM I am not have.
    In addition, your comments the best stimulus to continue work.
    Thanks for your offer about betatest, in the future I will need a lot of testers.

I hope that the release will be as soon as possible.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Somehow I feel it's even darker and grittier than my work, love it
    On the third screen, the marble looks weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Somehow I feel it's even darker and grittier than my work, love it
    Perhaps darker, but design still not balanced

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    On the third screen, the marble looks weird though.
    So few suitable marble textures.

It's much better (from The Seven Sisters), but I want 512 pixels.

I started a new area. Now when I finished to build forest edge, I'm go to deep forest, where trees will be even bigger and higher, and where no place for humans.

These are some seriously impressive screenshots.

Sturmdrang Peak will remain firmly backwards-compatible with v1.18, otherwise I'll never get the thing released. And since I posted them elsewhere, here's a couple of screenshots:

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    [QUOTE=Soul Tear;2161835]Perhaps darker, but design still not balanced

So few suitable marble textures.

It's much better (from The Seven Sisters), but I want 512 pixels.

I'm still using that texture on the pavement of my bank. I wasn't able to find a similar one at a higher resolution.

Very impressive atmosphere, Soul Tear and Nicked!

So many great screenshots on one page!
    They make me wonder if anyone would even play my upcoming mission which is only using stock resources.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Sturmdrang Peak will remain firmly backwards-compatible with v1.18, otherwise I'll never get the thing released.
    I'm doing the same with "Return to the Lost City". I built the mission using the limitations of "Old Dark" and I'm not keen on redoing most parts to take advantage of all the fancy new stuff, such as 26-sided cylinders.

This thread gets more and more amazing. Wonderful stuff.

Renzatic - that moon is just glorious.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Well it has been nearly a year now.
    I'm still remodeling some areas right now. Trying to make it more fun. I wanted it to be a rooftop mission, but as I added more locations, the rooftops became less and less important. I never really have any screens to show either, because I add all the objects and lights at the end, so all the locations still appear boring and empty.

Guys, I'm simply amazed by your forthcoming works. Nicked, I can't wait, I love the foggy-pirate-ancient atmosphere.

I am currently working on my project M.S. Gold - Rust.
    After a few problems i decided to update the whole project. I have to rewrite the story and make everything a bit smaller.
    And then i will sit down and think about my next project.

Visit ratzyy.de for some screenshots- (There will be more tomorrow!!! My website is not finished! )

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    So many great screenshots on one page!
    +1, very impressive work there by ST and LR

Lady Rowena, I like your style, so cozy, unfortunately I still can not achieve it.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Renzatic, I am amazed!
    Yeah, speaking of amazing...

I think you've got me beat on that front.

I I'd like to see it in my mission. So far my windows looks very unnatural.
    Sure. I don't think my window would fit your scenes exactly, but I can show you how it's done easily enough. You'll have to know a bit about GIMP/Photoshop and alpha masks, but that's not too big a deal.

But 12,380 polys in the scene…
    How it would look if you add some lights?
    About the same, but brighter. :P

A couple things I've noticed is that model geometry casts shadows on BSP, but won't block light on other models. Other than that, along with a couple of shading errors on my stalls (I need to make the meshes a little higher res so it vertex shades a little smoother), it looks pretty good.

I won't be using it for the base architecture, but for detailing, it's perfect. I dunno how limited Old Dark was in comparison, but apparently you can throw in tons of geometry with the new patch.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The moon effect is awesome and all Renz, but I have to ask... why the juxtaposition of modern fixtures with vine-covered walls? It just seems a bit odd to me. Is it supposed to be a run-down or abandoned building? If so, shouldn't the fixtures be a bit grimier or something?

Also, you're missing a corn stalk in one of the sinks.

Moderator and Priest
    This is not a sink corn situation

The reason I've got the ivy walls in a semi modern looking bathroom is because I'm still mostly building assets and experimenting with New Dark at the moment, rather than making an actual map. Since I don't have one complete subset yet, I'm just hodgepodging it all together to see how it look ingame.

Now you can find more screenshots on www.ratzyy.de

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    Here's the set of 6 autumn forest textures, different sizes and all that, for those who like them bigger.

Page 189 of 295 FirstFirst ... 89139144149154159164169174179184185186187188189190191192193194199204209214219224229234239289 ... LastLast