TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Thank you for creating them.
    I will import them into my FM Trail of Blood 2 and see how they look in the game.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The original St. Fera mission had this area in the basement where there were just a couple of gears in the floor that didn't appear to do anything. An AI comes by every so often and toggles them on and off. I decided they needed to be fit into something with more purpose (although not that much purpose) so I put together this gizmo:

http://www.wearytaffer.com/screens/t...ctroGizmo2.png

A still shot doesn't capture the motion - the two plasma balls each spit out a blob every few seconds which goes over to the other one, so it's like they're playing catch.

The gears, turbine and coils all look like Hammerite tech, and the fancy, shiny golden Mechanist power conduits look out-of-place amongst them. You should consider making a custom conduit with a more Hammerite feel to it (rough grey and/or rusty metal.)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's a great suggestion. If nothing else I'll just redo the gold texture to be a lot more subdued.

EDIT

While I was working with particles, I replaced the old original blue zap arc (blue + signs) with a similar effect.
    Last edited by Yandros; 14th Jan 2013 at 01:20.

Great effects

working on story script atm, no much of a luck yet :/

Here's a short film featuring wind & robots.

http://youtu.be/ALTvwCiHcUU

I really wasn't anticipating their weird reaction to the wind effects, but it looked kind of funny so I thought I'd share it

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Stupid question maybe, but how in the hell did you make wind in Dark?

My guess is invisible particles.

Not a stupid question at all! The current set up could probably be streamlined somewhat to make it more efficient, but here it is:

The fans emit directional wind particles (Invisible markers with a WindStim). When a "windable" (responds to wind stim) object encounters a wind particle it creates an NVCreate&Link, that creates a TrapMoveRelative CD linked to the nearest windable object. The TrapMoveRelative then applies a small amount of speed to the object and there you go. Both the Create&Link and the TrapMoveRelative are set to activate on creation and destroy themselves shortly afterwards.

This needs to be set up for each direction unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    This needs to be set up for each direction unfortunately.
    Well, that blows.

It is a really neat effect, though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Well, that blows.

It is a really neat effect, though!
    Lol, . . .actually what would really be great is if I could get it to suck. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Lol, . . .actually what would really be great is if I could get it to suck. . .

OK, stupid meme aside, I'm always impressed by what you make, Sliptip. You should record your Dromed-ing exploits, ala timelapse.

Working with mtl fies...

Since I've converted to v1.19, I've been fooling around with mtl files.
    Click here to see a video of what I did so far on youtube.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Click here to see a video of what I did so far on youtube.
    Nice! I also thought the flute playing the Zelda whistle theme was a nice touch.

Though how did you get that glow effect around the flower in the greenhouse? Is it a sprite or a particle effect?

Looks nice, although I'd tone it down a little, like by half maybe? Since it's a fake reflection you don't want to be specific in what is actually being reflected. And with this intensity it makes me want to look at the floor the whole time, and I suppose that's not good

@ Renzatic
    All of those instruments play at least 3 different tunes. I may put in more just for fun.
    The light plant has one of my custom coronas at it's white bud. The blooming effect intensifies the white, causing it to glow that way.

@ Judith
    Yeah, I will tone it down a bit in the final version.

GORT, I'm more and more impressed by the look of this FM ! I really hope you will release it soon, even more now than ever

As for me, I reworked a little my architecture and oh boy ! It's nothing like the crap I built a few months ago

Old gate

Undermarket

Steampunk City

Much better!

Dark Alley

Nice work, Squadarofl. I like the way how the real buildings and object houses slowly blend into the distant art on your second last screenshot. This adds to the immersion that you are standing right in the middle of the City.

Right now I am using New Dark mostly for building better rooftops, so I'm still busy with the architecture.

After seeing so many great screenshots lately, I hesitate to post any of my own in comparison, but here are those that sucked the least:

As you can see, I use mostly stock resources.

This mission already offered a lot of climbing opportunities, but with New Dark I could add even more. Next step is updating the room brushes and patrols, improving the lighting and add more decorative elements.

There is nothing to be ashamed of your screenshots! It seems like we're in for a real classic treat!

Well, thanks for saying so.

It's just that I realized that most of my outdoor scenes look very sterile and lack a sense of life, so that is something that really needs to be improved, but, even after that, it will probably be more fun to play than to look at.

By the way, I saw that you are also using only stock resources: It's nice to know that I am not the only one.

Well, adding street signs, lamp posts, chimneys, smoke etc. etc. should help to make it look more "lived in".
    Apart from that, adding some additional details to some buildings might also help. For example, the big tower in your 2nd screenshot could use some cornerstones as the building to its left. Adding a couple of windows or a drain pipe would also make its front look less "monotonous".

Nice work qolelis and Squadarofl!

I like how organic Squadarofl's city feels, however I am not really fond of the textures used, especially on the Old Gate and Steampunk City screenshots. I find some of them pretty jarring, especially the blocks texture on the towers which is a shame because otherwise that place has a really strong presence. Don't forget to create arches for these calendra stained glasses on the first pictures too.
    I love that last picture, though. Simple but effective.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Well, adding street signs, lamp posts, chimneys, smoke etc. etc. should help to make it look more "lived in".
    Apart from that, adding some additional details to some buildings might also help. For example, the big tower in your 2nd screenshot could use some cornerstones as the building to its left. Adding a couple of windows or a drain pipe would also make its front look less "monotonous".
    Thanks for the tips! Once I am done with the basic architecture, I will get started on adding all those little details.

Page 190 of 314 FirstFirst ... 90140145150155160165170175180185186187188189190191192193194195200205210215220225230235240290 ... LastLast