TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237424752102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

R Soul, I love the arched windows in that second shot.

I'm still playing 7 Sisters and redoing the style of my website, but I feel like turning back to either Wings or DP2 tomorrow, which will be the first day since Xmas Eve without lots of family in the house all day.

I've always admired R Soul's work. Very neat and clean, and I love textures that are aligned instead of looking like they were wall paper.

the first pic of Rsoul remember me a very old one mission, but i don't remember the title.. probably for thief1 ? anyhow, same idea of little shops within an hangar (or a granary, dunno exactly what it is).

I'm currently re-doing my arcade machine for my next mission...

Gotta make a new coin slot thingy to go at the bottom, then make a new decal to go underneath that.

Once it's done, whoever wants it, can turn the machine into a different one, by changing all the textures!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    I'm currently re-doing my arcade machine for my next mission...
    . . .Sluggs, that's awesome

Ooh, I want Burrick Rider, Super Basso Bros., Monkey Kong.

It would be funny to have Pac Man, but pacman is a thief, the ghosts are guards and the dots are gold coins. The poerdots could be invis potions so you could sneak up and clobber the guards.

In that case, I have to ask the question: does the arcade machine work?
    If not, come back when you have it working!

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    the first pic of Rsoul remember me a very old one mission, but i don't remember the title.. probably for thief1 ? anyhow, same idea of little shops within an hangar (or a granary, dunno exactly what it is).
    Yeah, I was just posting the same. Maybe Lord Edmund Entertains?
    I love that old looking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    In that case, I have to ask the question: does the arcade machine work?
    If not, come back when you have it working!
    It might just be possible! I could use an animated road texture, and have a car that moves side to side, via joints?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    It might just be possible! I could use an animated road texture, and have a car that moves side to side, via joints?
    Interesting.... would be a nice match to make it...

The Architect
    This evening I learned how volume on footfalls worked. Before I always imagined that it was a binary switch. It was either loud enough to piss off guards or it was not. Now I've found that it's actually a numerical value from -1 to a few negative thousand, which influences how perceptible it is to AIs. Fascinating. Sort of makes my original perception seem infantile.

No, I am not changing any existing values - I am adding a new material type. Yes, I got it to work!

That's also the volume at which the sample is played for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    This evening I learned how volume on footfalls worked. Before I always imagined that it was a binary switch. It was either loud enough to piss off guards or it was not. Now I've found that it's actually a numerical value from -1 to a few negative thousand, which influences how perceptible it is to AIs. Fascinating. Sort of makes my original perception seem infantile.

No, I am not changing any existing values - I am adding a new material type. Yes, I got it to work!
    Really?!?! I had assumed the same thing (either loud enough or not). This is good to know, particuarly with what I'm doing now.

edit: Are you sure about that Digi? Isn't it just the major/minor anomolly settings? . . .Or maybe I'm just trying to do something different. I need my AI to go to Alert3 when they hear you running
    Last edited by Sliptip; 27th Dec 2007 at 23:24.

The Architect
    No I am not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    I need my AI to go to Alert3 when they hear you running
    I think that needs Non-Combat High. I think that the 'value' of the sound is the highest alert it can cause, but if it's only barely heard it can cause a lower alert instead.

Right now, I am working on a small part of my first official FM:

I haven't textured anything yet, so I decided to spare you the jorge overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    No I am not sure!
    HEY you were right!!!! I just switched my footsteps to "non-combat high" as NV suggested and the thing heard me as I walked by (which isn't what I wanted) so I adjusted the footsteps to -2500 and sure enough it only hears my when I run.

Now I'm going to have to raise the volume of the footstep .wav's because Garrett can barely hear himself - but hey, it works!!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i had an ephiphany about evil never dies, the problem is the level design, not the scripted systems or the story. my city is just not up to snuff. so now i'm going to rework the city brush work, and drop most of the subterranean brush work, that brush work will fall into mission 2 of the set, which is something i started thing about doing a long time ago. so i'll be working on a totally revamped city for the next two weeks solid, i'm on a schedule here, finally (i've released two or three other missions in the time i've been working on this one.)

Attic floor, basement and small city section are still to be done .

Ooooh pretty! I almost wish that room could be completely illuminated.
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

What's strange is that if you AIWatch an AI, you can look in the monolog file for all of the sounds that AI heard and who/what made the sound, but on a scale of 1 to 5. Occasionally there will be entries stating that a particular sound was not heard.

That is interesting - I'm going to give that a shot next chance I get. The problem with changing the footstep default settings is that it's affecting ALL the AI not just the one I specifically wanted. So it looks like I have a fair bit of tweaking ahead of me. The monolog info should help!

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post

Attic floor, basement and small city section are still to be done .
    holy... good work in here... really cool thing but what it is exactly ? a single mission ?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    Ooh, I want Burrick Rider

Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237424752102 ... LastLast