TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    What's the brush to object command? How did I miss it after all this time? It seems like something quite significant (if it does what I'm thinking it does, which is to actually turn brushes into objects).

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Thanks Larry, I have seen that then. I was thinking it was something capable of being done in Dromed directly.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagooga View Post
    oh the incompleteness D:

I like the brush to object command though, has allowed me to build like twice as much i was originaly thinking i would be able to

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/...ps281c60b1.png
    Might I say, Gigagooga, that this is one awesome looking mansion. I've kinda been in an un-Thief mood lately, but seeing this reminds me of what I love in FMs, and that's large, extravagant mansions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump174.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	1701

Name:	dump172.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	1702

Name:	dump171.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	1703

Name:	dump170.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	1704

Name:	dump169.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	1705

@ LarryG

Wow! Great atmosphere

Wow, LarryG! Can't wait for that. Very unique vibe!

Beautiful Larry!

Larry do you have these uploaded anywhere? I am excited to see them. I can't see attachments on this forum for some reason. Thanks

Larry you're a gentleman. Looks awesome! I have grown to love outside areas. I will voice act if you need me. I did it for The Hammerite Imperium. I have a snowball mic and software to make the warm plate reverb at the right level. Actually that goes for anyone.

Although he looks a little bit like a certain ten year old's flaming alter ego, he is in fact a FireBeast.
    He's based on tdbonko's Atronach model, re-skinned and embellished to give a more incandescent appearance.
    I'm currently working on a little demo mission feautring four such "elemental" Beasts (representing the four elemental crystals of Fire, Earth, Air and Water) each with their own specific attacks. Fire and Gas attacks speak for themselves, but exactly how worse off Garrett would be after a damn good mossing (or watering) remains to be seen. I shall, however, persevere.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Looks great, Purgator. The water beast could be a frost/ice creature whose attack freezes Garrett (which could be achieved with TrapFreezePlayer). I also reskinned the atronach model for the barkskins in Drymian Codex.

The water beast could replace all of your fire arrows with soggy wood arrows. A while ago I set up a system where a set property receptron forces your breath to go down, but it didn't cause a loss of health. Some kind of repeating stim (set up via NVScript) could be used to harm you at the same time. An alternative could be a burst of water that shoots you across the room, like a short blast from a water cannon.

A moss beast could have an effect similar to those spiders that shoot webs at you. In this case you'd get surrounded by mud and clay (via stim over a short radius) and you'd have to claw your way out of it (while dealing with a repeating stim again).

Water could start drowning you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    I'm currently working on a little demo mission feautring four such "elemental" Beasts (representing the four elemental crystals of Fire, Earth, Air and Water) each with their own specific attacks.
    If you threw the "element" of heart into the mix, you could theme this demo mission like an episode of Captain Planet.

Keyla the Otter
    Hey, if any of you have sounds or ambient tracks you need for your missions, I can help out.

http://soundcloud.com/autistic-lucario

Here's a few of what I made on Soundcloud.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I am migrating my files to a new computer (first time in 5 years), and just deleted the C:\Thief folder from the old PC. I felt bad doing it, but my wife will have no use for them.

It contained around 191,000 files and consumed nearly 100Gb worth of disk space.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    A moss beast could have an effect similar to those spiders that shoot webs at you. In this case you'd get surrounded by mud and clay (via stim over a short radius) and you'd have to claw your way out of it (while dealing with a repeating stim again
    Sounds good, I'll give it a go R Soul.

This is just a short clip of what he looks like so far. He is still a fancy TreeBeast at present with some ElemFire sounds. I had thought of using a spellcaster as a base, but the movement is too elegant for a beast. He is a heat source, so if Garret gets too close, he'll lose some life.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Water could start drowning you ...
    Hmmm. Would you be willing to conduct some research into that theory, Larry? If we don't hear from you........
    Last edited by Purgator; 20th Jun 2013 at 07:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    but my wife will have no use for them....
    You could put her to work on DCE. Might get done a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Hmmm. Would you be willing to conduct some research into that theory, Larry? If we don't hear from you........
    It would probably require a custom script. Sort of an inverse for AirPotion. You might be able to do something with A/Rs to Set Property for Breath Config. Maybe change Garrett's Drown Damage. But I would think a custom script would be a better bet, fully simulating drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by icy7rider7 View Post
    Could have done something wit those walls in stairways. Looking Great Adding your own Inspiration Picture in a Frame (even if it's off the point, it could inspire us also )
    Oh man, I need to find this and actually make something of it. Right now I'm reinstalling TDP, TG and TMA. Tomorrow's gonna be Dromed for all of those, as well as unarchiving the stuff I haven't touched in over *cough* 10 years *cough* I can't remember the number of times I've looked at a building and thought, "man, this would make a great Thief map."

Purgator, that firebeast video is awesome. If I saw that thing in an FM I think I would have to change my drawers.

Thanks EA. Thanks too Larry,

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I've been waiting 10 goddamn years to say this...

I just completed my first playthrough of a mission in Death's Cold Embrace! Complete with a camvator intro, all objectives, loot, everything. Yeah, there was a big list of bugs, but that's expected. Half of them were me being dumb and leaving things unlocked after working on them when they should be locked, stupid shit like that. I wish Polygon and Moghedian were still around to see this post.

Now me and Random_Taffer just need to get the other 9 missions to this point.

Page 204 of 292 FirstFirst ... 104154159164169174179184189194199200201202203204205206207208209214219224229234239244249254 ... LastLast