TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

SneakyGuy -> Alright ! Just don't forget to put a rooftop on this house

Skacky -> Really nice- I always find it sad there was so few fan-missions with a good mish mash between T1 & T2

Concerning my mission, I can finally continue working on it, phew ! I will try to post some screenshots in the following weeks

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    I thought with new-dark you could have curved arches with more tessellation(divisions)?

Looking impeccable as always.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Skacky is old school, and it looks great

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Skacky is old school, and it looks great
    Old Skewl is always good, but there is no sense having a curved arch with 4 divisions in this day and age.

Oh I could, but I'd rather not make overkill stuff since the level is already really big and I've been having these weird apparent cell cycle in portal_traverse_scene errors popping up from time to time. Here's another shot:

Oh I could, but I'd rather not make overkill stuff since the level is already really big and I've been having these weird apparent cell cycle in portal_traverse_scene errors popping up from time to time. Here's another shot:

Looking very nice Skacky
    I love the old school arch look and plus you don't want to have too many polygons anyways for such a big mission as that could cause problems so that's why it would be a good idea to stick with that way of designing things

!!MISSION UPDATE!!
    So as another post informs everyone that I am making a sequel to "The Serpentine Amulet" this post will be a small update on the mission

First of all I have had an overhaul of custom rescources from various places which will make my mission even nice (mostly schwaas and Nameless Voices stuff)

second is that I now have a name for my mission and it is, *DRUMROLL*
    Nightfall: A New Beginning
    Yes I am now starting back up on Nightfall which is a series I was about to begin but abandoned last year. But it is far different now. It will be a campaign but will be a campaign style similar to "The Seven Sisters" It will be divided into two three nights in the same area for most of them as it might get pretty big But isn't that a good thing anyways, well yes but it will take quite a little while (Probably three months which means until
    JUNE which is the estimated release date)

Lastly I have a new screenshot which is an updated version of the previous one I posted.

As you can see I have gotten some custom textures and some stock textures and have re-textured the whole thing to make it look far nicer than it was, hope you like it

You've come a long way, Sneaky. Keep it rolling.

Last edited by Random_Taffer; 18th Mar 2014 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    You've come a long way, Sneaky. Keep it rolling.
    Indeed he has. His contest mission was simply awesome

As for the pictures: Memento Mori 3 maybe? Looks really great

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    MM3, yes. That looks loads better than the last time I saw it!

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    Seeing those lovely fences in that picture, I have a question: Has anyone made a good fence pack? I seem to remember having seen several custom fence (and gate) objects around here, but despite several searches I haven't been able to find any. I'd like a little more variety for my mission than the standard graveyard gate (or whatever its name is) and 10' fence...

@Hopper- Well Yandros has some custom gates that are very nice and will go very nicely with a cemetary and I'm using them for my mission. so heres the website link

http://www.wearytaffer.com/storage/object/IronGates.zip

Hope you like them and that they are useful to you

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Good grief, so many terrain brushes (3,778 right now) and there's still a lot to do. I'll be happy if the map is done with less than 4,500 terrain brushes. The cell number is pretty low, surprisingly enough (~9,500)
    I'm the sloppiest, worst builder ever. I'm at 750 brushes and 15,000 cells. I need to get better at converting oddly shaped brushes into objects, I guess. Even with the brush exporter that comes with NewDark, it just seems such a hassle, but I can never seem to finish something otherwise without hitting the limits.

Thief lives on

Everyone's work is looking so good, I'm very glad to see there will be more upcoming missions for my favorite game. Which I wonder; am I crazy that I love this game so much? I still haven't even found this amount of immersion in other games to this day. It still isn't old to me in that way. I am going to be working on a mission after I move to the west coast. I will focus on two areas that need to be top notch to sustain thief immersion.

One is the voice acting and number of voices. This is what first grabbed me in thief. Imagining the guard or servant was real in a way. Now I know what all guards say and it suspends immersion, so in my first mission, sound and voices will get a major overhaul.

Second is more unpredictability of AI. This was another factor that made me scared in game, in a corner hiding. A feeling that is hard to reach so authors have been doing horror. I will see how far I can get under the hood. If I can't update the AI, I will at least fool the player with triggers that the AI have a reasonable but-better-than-vanilla-thief intelligence. If I can get under the hood I would want to implement such AI behavior as hoping over low fences and obstacles, climbing, jumping up onto or mantling on low ridges.

Thanks again community.

Speaking of voices... did you know there is a guard voice in Thief 1 that didn't get ported to T2? We're using it in DCE for more variety. If others are interested, I can go ahead and release the schema I made for it (very similar to the original T1 schema) with some instructions on how to use it in your FM. It's nice to hear that voice in game in T2!

IIRC all three of the guard voices in Thief 1 are not in Thief 2. There are similar voices, by the same actors, often with the same lines, but the samples are not identical. I think Guard3 ("Benny") sounded the most different.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I will see how far I can get under the hood. If I can't update the AI, I will at least fool the player with triggers that the AI have a reasonable but-better-than-vanilla-thief intelligence. If I can get under the hood I would want to implement such AI behavior as hoping over low fences and obstacles, climbing, jumping up onto or mantling on low ridges.
    It's possible to make a guard 'jump' over something or climb a ladder, the problem is that without making new motions for the AI, it looks very amateurish.

My favorite guard voice in T1 is the one that says "Whoah!" when it's startled. ConGuards often use it.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Speaking of voices... did you know there is a guard voice in Thief 1 that didn't get ported to T2?
    "Don't think you can just vanish into the shadows again, tricksie-boy! I see ya!"

(It is also featured in Disorientation)

Work on the manor keeps going, slow though. Hard, but interesting to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    IIRC all three of the guard voices in Thief 1 are not in Thief 2. There are similar voices, by the same actors, often with the same lines, but the samples are not identical. I think Guard3 ("Benny") sounded the most different.
    I didn't realize that. The one I ported is definitely not in T2 in a similar form. It's actually guard2 in T1 I believe, which is the source of the drunk voice set - not Benny as so many people think.

My favorite guard voice in T1 is the one that says "Whoah!" when it's startled. ConGuards often use it.
    Yeah, mine too!

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    "Don't think you can just vanish into the shadows again, tricksie-boy! I see ya!"

(It is also featured in Disorientation)
    Mess with me and ya crow meat!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Work on the manor keeps going, slow though. Hard, but interesting to me...
    That shot with the bookshelf is very good, if the rest of the mission is upto this standard that that pretty impressive.

My favorite guard voice in T1 is the one that says "Whoah!" when it's startled.
    "Come back here and fight!"
    "Aaalright, where are you?"

Makes me crack up every time

Not entirely without progress, but this is obviously missing a lot of stuff...

(click to enbiggen)

Page 221 of 324 FirstFirst ... 121171176181186191196201206211216217218219220221222223224225226231236241246251256261266271321 ... LastLast