TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 45195245250255260265270275280285290291292293294295
Results 7,351 to 7,370 of 7370

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

I've turned on light bright...

...what tile is too high above the ground?,(the raised area in the centre is intentional) I was toying with putting a glass dome above it and as it's a hidden away little area I didn't think that it would be too bad.

Neat, I can see who it's dedicated to.

One thing I will say is that I think the newish brick texture looks a bit odd right up against the mossy stone brick texture.

Thanks, it's very much still work in progress and I'm still playing around with the textures...including the brick alleyway having some different scales here and there...one thing that is deliberate is the over abundant use of flowers.

I think it would look better with a smaller tile size, *maybe* some framing around it (or make them lower as suggested), but if you think this is better, go for it. Looks very nice overall. A good tribute.

As I said..very much work in progress and I have taken on board the suggestions and have changed things about a bit..bear in mind that this is in light bright...

This is the entrance..ignore the exterior blockwork, that is going to be changed later.

First view.

Closer view.
    Any better chaps?

Duncan preferably you should use a floor texture different from the walls textures.

What I'm doing right now is checking my work over carefully. Sunday morning, I started getting random freezes in Windows, and on looking at the event log I was getting thousands of

Code:
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x10479a88 for Disk 1 (PDO name: \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP0T1L0-1) was retried.
    The technical term for this is "Disk going kaplooey". The disk that had all my Thief 2 FM work on it.

Thankfully, this seems to have a happy ending: I was able to get everything across to another drive, and restore anything that had broken from a backup, and now it looks like everything seems to be okay.

Remember folks: backups are your friends.

I do every day a back up of my current mission to my pen drives, every month i send a backup file to my google drive, and probably i should share my backup with someone just in case something tragic happens to me, that way the person i trusted the backup could share here my unfinished work.
    Last edited by Cardia; 26th Apr 2017 at 04:42.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    DCE Mission 9, the last to be developed, has finished Alpha test and I'm now undergoing the process of writing schemas and subtitle files for the dialogue, and then will script them in game. After that finishing the objectives, placing some more AI and a bit more scripting events and we'll be off to Beta. \O/

Nice cathedral there, Le Malin

@Le MAlin 76: oh boy that's nice! I wanna climb it.

@Yandros: That's exciting news. I wanna beta test but also don't wanna, so I can take in the finished product.

@Ravenhook: Pretty lil area. :'(

@Yandros, that is super exciting buddy!

@Le MAlin 76, sweet cathedral!!

So last week when I went through old .mis files, I found this jail area I made about 10 years ago.

I didn't want to let it go to waste, so I multibrushed it and brought it over into Prophet. It showed up like this.

Now I'm trying to bring this dead fish back to life, here's the work in progress.

Am I getting on anyone's nerves with these updates? I can make a separate thread if necessary, don't want to annoy anybody! Cheers.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No way man, that's what this thread is for!

Le Malin 76 : Beautiful work , huge cathedral.

Phantom: i prefer the textures from the last/3th screenshot.

Maybe it's not too good idea to paint doors on the floor, even if it's a jail?
    Just a thought.

@Yandros, awesome, feedback from you guys is what keeps me motivated.

@Cardia, thanks! Maybe I didn't explain it well enough above, but the third one is the current one, the first one is the original, and the middle is DromEd being silly after importing the brushes. I'm glad you liked the bottom one, but I still have plenty of work to do there.

@Zontik, those textures were an accident, when I imported the multibrush DromEd gave it all random textures! I don't have any of the stock families loaded into Prophet.

Thank you guys

Now i just built the facade, and the nave is in way. Soon there will be maybe the third tower.

Join to Cardia's opinion. The latter is the best.
    BTW, it's always interesting to see the winding ways of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    " I didn't explain it well enough above"
    You did, I got it fine, people don't read lol. Looking good man.

Page 295 of 295 FirstFirst ... 45195245250255260265270275280285290291292293294295