TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 47197247252257262267272277282287292293294295296297
Results 7,401 to 7,405 of 7405

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Totally agree - the outdoors will now look so rich and alive.
    Just in the back of a manor or in a overgrown alley between buildings would add immersion as you sneak around.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Totally agree - the outdoors will now look so rich and alive.
    I would love to see however some shorter, more civilized grass as well, to scatter it around in more resident areas. Not sure if it would have to animate, but the density and texture quality would have to be on the par with these.
    I had to solve several problems to get this result. The first problem is the 99 frames limit for a bitmap animation! If i could use 200 frames i can make much better animations for thief. In the demo you can see that there is not only pure grass. There is also wheat and flowers. But if you set every bitmap animation separated (grass, wheat, flowers, other flowers) the game engine can't handel all this stuff and will never do it. So you have to find another way.

And here it is:

Use only one animation for all and merge them! But now you have the next problem:

grass animation -> 60 frames
    flowers animation -> 84 frames
    wheat animation -> 77 frames

No animation has the same number of frames. So you have to pick one of them (in my case i have chosen the grass with 60 frames) and reduce the other animations down to 60 frames. This isn't easy...

I will release every full animation of the grass, wheat and flowers. So you will be able to use it separate. But if you want this diversity of vegetation like in the demo video...there is no other way!

Amazing as always Gecko.
    When are you planning on releasing these resources?
    I would love to add them to the mission.

@Gecko - that's a clever idea indeed to combine them into one bitmap.
    What I meant to say was to have some still grass - not as fancy as the one above, way shorter, yet interesting enough to break up the flat grassy areas in cities and around manors, where you'd expect the grass to be maintained by people. So basically to have something in between the bare flat polygons, like we've always had and your wild, tall, waving grass.

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Amazing as always Gecko.
    When are you planning on releasing these resources?
    I would love to add them to the mission.
    After the release of Thief 2 HD mod 1.0 i think

Page 297 of 297 FirstFirst ... 47197247252257262267272277282287292293294295296297