TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 51201251256261266271276281286291296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 7533

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

SilverJackal , the better crafted you want your mission the more time consuming it will be, so its normal, be patient.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Indeed, plus once your lighting is all set, I would like to see some shots not in full bright.

News Update:

After lots of Work in RL and ThiefWorld, the next Episode will arrive. Next Month a New FM will be released with the Title "The Eye of the Gems Shadows and Fog" its the Sequel to Heart of the Gems and the prehistory to Soul of The Gems, who the Player fights the Mech Hammerites Ally and the Black Wing. Its the 3.Mission from the Acideus Saga:

After the Release the next FM will be released "Five Night at Dayport"
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147251
    Playing as a NightWatch in a Style of Five Nights at Freddy, Protect the Museum and fight the BlackWing back...

Cheers Terra/Theker

Awesome news for both! I liked the magics of HoG a lot.

I have some screenshots to share as well! I'm working on my 3rd mission, this one will be way shorter. It's all part of a big mansion and, so far, it mostly contains questionable texture choices but hey, this can always change in the future

Love the atmosphere of the mansion, FrenchDecay. Lookin' good.
    You thinking of adding catacombs and underground cities to it?

Well done FrenchDecay, the architecture and decoration are well worked, looks beautiful and relaxing. Très bien!

Thanks guys! I'm trying really hard not to go crazy and create some huge dungeon under it all, but there will be something more than just the mansion
    I'm also trying to apply Cardia's advice (about having simple columns or brushes that aren't only square-shaped) as much as I can. I'm quite happy with the result so far

Go on, build the dungeon. You know you want to.

Spot on, Chris.

More readjustments. Though not 100% to my blueprints. I reconstructed.
    @Yandos I will show the lighting of the level when it's complete.
    This will accompany with the final build.

SilverJackal, why do not you turn off lightbright?

Spot on, Chris.

Okay, I'm going to state it once, so that people can understand my position on "lighting"

I will be having light bright until the FINAL build of the overall mission. This will include any future missions I make.
    Why? Because if I end up misplacing an object, missing textures or need to get a better perspective of the
    mission build, I can see the mistakes before my OCD starts making lists of what I missed.

Things to me need to make sense: Just like how I had to ditch my original design of the small house.
    I don't need the lighting to be complete or the objectives to be checked until I know that what I am
    testing, mapping or playing through has stable and functional grounds.

I know because we are Thief Players, light is a bad BAD thing when it's bright. And that it should die.
    But I am using light_bright strictly for construction purposes. I am sorry if this somehow inconveniences
    someone or drives another nuts. It's just how I am building the level.

In this process, that way if I eliminate, resize, protalise, I am not worried about lighting until near the very
    end of the level's build.

Thank you for your understanding.

~SilverJackal

You know you can turn it off to take nice screenshots and turn it back on for texturing, right?

Arguably you need to turn it off regularly to make sure you are lighting well for gameplay design purposes.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Silverjackal - You don't need to justify your building techniques to anyone. If the lighting isn't ready yet, then it's not ready. This is the Editor's Guild, and every screenshot here is of a mission that isn't finished yet, so don't worry about appeasing Thief Players at this point.

One tip though - you don't need to manually break your lines here in the forums.

Right, well. My apologies. It's just in a form form of a bad habit sometimes. As for the line breaks. It helps me keep different topics organized. I have a strange brain sometimes.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Agreed, I only asked because we can get a better sense of the feel and atmosphere with lighting, and it looks like you've placed some light sources already. Here's something to consider, though, about waiting until the end to finalize lighting - creating areas of light and shadow are of vital importance to good gameplay, and sometimes as you're placing lights you realize you have to make changes to the architecture (like creating recesses for lights so they don't illuminate the entire room), and often those kinds of changes are much easier to make early on before you've finished all the decor and object placement. Just my $0.02.

Okay. I'lll consider it as the Room/Brushes are placed. This mission isn't that big, but who is to say I can't adjust. I'm still learning.

This weekend I started in on a little open space next to docks that happens to teach me some new things; how to make the textures I want seamless instead of relying on only finding seamless. Also how to use flood and water to air to make those nice pointy doorways - and generally finer detailed brushes. Finally, to add details to archways with decals. I am a noob but after learning building should speed up more.

More progress fellow mappers. The work is slowly, but surely getting there. I also umm... ended up making a crypt...

http://imgur.com/a/qEIVD

Very nice work SilverJackal, gamophyte, and ObservingEye!

@SilverJackal, I like the light bright shots. It shows the design without giving away the atmosphere. I don't think you need to do anything differently!
    @gamophyte, once again your textures make Dark look more like Unreal engine. Nice archway!
    @ObservingEye, that has a great Thief 1 feel, can't wait to play it.

ObservingEye, your progress is looking very good, your mission is one of the upcoming missions i'm really looking forward to play. My next mission after the one i´m building currently will also be similar to your current project.

Quote Originally Posted by ObservingEye View Post
    More progress fellow mappers. The work is slowly, but surely getting there. I also umm... ended up making a crypt...
    OH! I love the mood in those shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Very nice work SilverJackal, gamophyte, and ObservingEye!
    @SilverJackal, I like the light bright shots. It shows the design without giving away the atmosphere. I don't think you need to do anything differently!
    @gamophyte, once again your textures make Dark look more like Unreal engine. Nice archway!
    @ObservingEye, that has a great Thief 1 feel, can't wait to play it.
    Thanks Phantom! I also am digging Silver's progress.

And Cardia, can't wait for your adventures on the way.

D'awww. Thanks guys! Many of you here are the sole reason I wanted to get into the damned demon that is Dromed. After having played through so many fan missions I just wanted to give back to this great community. Here's to many more years of ttlg and Dromed!

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverJackal View Post
    As for the line breaks. It helps me keep different topics organized.
    You're not organizing topics, you're just manually word-wrapping at around 100 characters per line.

Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 51201251256261266271276281286291296297298299300301302 LastLast