TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 53203253258263268273278283288293298299300301302303
Results 7,551 to 7,573 of 7573

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    It does not look like birches at all. Vurt has good models in his Thief Graphics Overhaul.
    ::fantasy world handwave::

Thanks for the suggestion though- I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    ::fantasy world handwave::

Thanks for the suggestion though- I'll check them out.
    I still see the universe as earth if things went another way, and earth entered a space energy field to allow things like collectors and "magic". My moon in fact is the moon as if from another side was gravitationally locked. These don't have to be birches as we know them.

Beautiful screen btw, I hope it translates into another project, I still can't forget you last, it has stayed with me.

I'm finally back working on True Dreams after a 6 month hiatus. (!!)

I've started messing about with decals in book texts. It is pretty awkward without a wysiwyg editor that understands them, but not so awfully horrible to do that I won't use them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BookDecal.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	2369

Even so it looks very cool Larry! Happy to hear you're working on TD.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Don't tease, I love your missions! aSWaSW has stayed in my brain. Trippy and unique.
    That's nice of you to say.

Ever since the untimely release of Heartcliff Islands two years ago I've been plagued with thoughts of the issues it had, wanting to address them, but time is constantly very short these days, unfortunately, and the choice is not entirely my own. With brain temporarily cast in vacation mode, though, I inadvertently fell into reverie:
    The idea was to first split the mission into two parts, one for each island, because the mere size was always a cause of concern (not only during development). Splitting would take careful effort, because of how the two islands interact, so that would be where I would have to start; making the islands work individually before physically separating them. The next thing would have been to flesh out the missing parts of the prison, which I had to block off due to size restraints. Then we have the darkness, much loved by many: I have an idea for how to play with that and at the same time give the player a certain instrument, on a pretty large scale, that would help navigating through the black void surrounding the islands -- and that, I think, is where the real fun would begin. I don't know if what I have in mind is possible, from a technical standpoint, but I think it it would be worth trying, and I already have a few ideas on where to start.

So, the size and the darkness are the main issues that need to be addressed; with those out of the way I could begin tweaking other concerns like the difficulty -- not by making things easier, though, only fairer (my most dedicated supporter can rest easy ).

One last thing is the textures: I still enjoy the stock resources myself, but with an update of this kind, updating also the textures seems appropriate. I would also like to rewrite all my custom scripts in that new squirrel thing I've heard about.

Squeezing all this in before August 21st this year will not be possible, but maybe next year, doing just a little every now and then. I do wonder though if it would be worth the effort even if I managed to squeeze it in: is there any interest in this sort of update or would I be doing it only for my own sake?
    Last edited by qolelis; 8th Aug 2017 at 10:39.

Here's a last screenshot of my current project for T2, im almost done, by September i should have it ready for testing:

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    I do wonder though if it would be worth the effort even if I managed to squeeze it in: is there any interest in this sort of update or would I be doing it only for my own sake?
    That's always a question right? What do you do it for? I for one am a fan and I am excited to see a re-release as you describe. We just got a dump of new missions/campaigns to I think it may be a good idea to try out your ideas with no rush. Plus there is other things looming in your imagination that I can imagine popping into view while re-working HCI.

I think updating textures is the last concern imo but I'd be lying if I said I don't care at all. If you look at my early screens, I like good texturing. Sometimes I need it to feel re-immersed in the world because it feels new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Here's a last screenshot of my current project for T2, im almost done, by September i should have it ready for testing
    Awesome news - I've been intrigued of this place you've built!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Here's a last screenshot of my current project for T2, im almost done, by September i should have it ready for testing:
    That looks like a nice neighbourhood; ripe for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I think updating textures is the last concern
    Yes, there are certainly more important things to start with.

If you look at my early screens, I like good texturing. Sometimes I need it to feel re-immersed in the world because it feels new.
    Yeah, I don't mind more modern textures in Thief, it's just that I can easily be without them and still enjoy the game.

Another teaser shot from True Dreams. Can you spot all 6 AIs?

Name:	dump147.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	2374

Love those bay-esq windows. Can I jump into them and break them? just being ornery... I think the hard to see AI is in the far side upper floor leftmost window?

No AI on the upper floor of any building in the scene. There is a Hammer Haunt whose back is to you and whose head only shows as shadow. There also is a Cherub visible (barely) in the drug store through the glass panes of the door. Monkey boy just left the portal on the right. Two more Haunts facing you, and a necromancer stalking along. There is a 7th, but he is not really visible in the screenshot, way back in the pub. He's there, but too far away to be distinguished. A bug beast just stepped out of the frame when I took the snap. But he's not visible at all, being behind the edge of a building.

No. I decided that the windows should be unbreakable. There was no gameplay reason that I could see to break them, and it seemed (seems) unnecessary work. I don't mind breakable single panes not looking right when you break them, if there is a good reason to allow that, but since you can't detect where a multi-pane window gets hit in order to swap in a model with the right pane broken, I don't make them breakable.

As long as I'm tipping screenshots, here is a view inside the pharmacy:

Name:	dump148.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	2375
    Last edited by LarryG; 9th Aug 2017 at 22:58.

Holy wow. Freakin awesome pharmacy! Yeah it was the golden boy I couldn't see. Patiently awaiting mission...

Thanks qolelis , gamophyte it's almost ready, but in the meantime next week im going to spend two weeks of holidays back in my Country at the city of Porto (Senhora da hora), hopefully get more inspiration and see what probably i've missed and forgot for my current project.

So apparently I've used over 100 ambient objects already, and the level is not even 1/3 complete.
    The limit is around 225 even with NewDark, right?
    Starting to think which sounds I could delete...

The limits are mentioned in modders_notes in your doc folder.

Oh goodness
    Max ambient sound objects: 1024 (from 256)
    This makes me so happy!
    Thanks, Robin

Desperately dodgy geezer

The Eye of Azathoth?

Cardia, LarryG , Le MAlin 76, very interesting screenshots

I've been challenging myself to recreate a real place in Dromed - I chose Harewood House near Leeds. It's not necessarily for an actual level, just doing it for fun right now. Here's a few work in progress shots with comparisons to the real place:

Original:

Dromed:

Original:

Dromed:

Death's Turbid Veil 2

@nicked: very cool! I have a chimney pot object that might work for you. If you want it PM me.

Thanks Rsoul.

Le Malin, c'est magnific ! Vraiment trs haut et beau!

Nicked, looks really good, sounds like an ambitious project, be careful with polygons though.

Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 53203253258263268273278283288293298299300301302303