TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 316 of 316 FirstFirst ... 66216266271276281286291296301306311312313314315316
Results 7,876 to 7,892 of 7892

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I like very much what I see here!
    Thanks! I do wish the particles could be launches from an arc rather than just a box or within a cylinder, so I could get the water pouring off the fountain to work properly, but with some tweaks on the model, I think I can get away with it.

Lovely texturing and particle work there, very nice!

aww yeah getting that ambience yall

I gave my new music tools a shot https://soundcloud.com/gigagooga/100v2
    I'm pretty satisfied with it, but not sure if i did get bit carried away... Classical music like this might not work after all, unless i make it cellos/bass only (or something very low). Even then it should be carefully tailored to fit exactly the moment in the game, but then again i don't think it would be wise to have 5 minutes worth of music if it's only going to play very briefly.
    What do you think?

It's very nice, but you're right about it not fitting. Well, it would fit one situation - for me, the music creates a feeling of relief after going through some difficulties, or of finding hope after a tragic event. It would be fine for an end movie/cutscene, or perhaps an intro.

I think for in-mission sounds, it's best to focus on tones (or very simple sets of notes) rather than music. One example is the 'feedback' sounds we hear in the Old Quarter in T1 (sounds which are in T2 with some additions). I think that creates a feeling of tension, but it's associated with the place rather than whatever is happening.

Nicely done gigagooga. Perhaps it could be used for cutscene music?

Working on new stuff already! Very rough so far but yeah....

This will be a continuation of my last mission and will find Garrett forced into an ill-favored alliance with a certain powerful figure. The lines that dictate who controls what territory in the City will be redrawn, while a past entity plots vengeance.

https://imgur.com/a/smYUz

Back to dromeding already? Looks nice!

I know, the missus said I should take a break for a bit, but she's at work.. no harm at all!

Le MAlin 76, awesome.

Classical Master 2008
    ObservingEye: How about making this one for the 20th Anniversary Contest and Thief 1? Just asking!

Very Aesthetic.

@Soul Teat @The Watcher @gamophyte thank you !

I have been lazy since the Mortuos Liber release. But i'm onto Dromed again. I'm working on a four mission campaign. It's gonna be three more missions after Mortuos Liber. The screen shot is from mission three. I'm just letting you all know that i haven't given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    I have been lazy since the Mortuos Liber release. But i'm onto Dromed again. I'm working on a four mission campaign. It's gonna be three more missions after Mortuos Liber. The screen shot is from mission three. I'm just letting you all know that i haven't given up.
    That's awesome to hear! And that are you have in dromed looks unique and detailed. Any word on direction or inspiration?

Southquarter.com/fms
    @Beltzer, great to see you back at it. FYI, there's a contest going on right now for the 20th anniversary of Thief.

gamophyte:
    Thanks I'm really motivated now. Hard to say when it's done, hopefully sometime in 2018. The last mission will be a roof top, probably. I have not done that kind of FM before, so we'll see.

Brethren:
    Thanks Nice to hear, contests are fun, to play anyway. I haven't participated before. I'll look into it.

Page 316 of 316 FirstFirst ... 66216266271276281286291296301306311312313314315316