TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

That might be one of the coolest stairwells trefoilknot!

here's a texture for your wall. I understand if it over-shoots your esthetic of having maybe more OM looking textures. If that's the case, disregard.

Note that is a jpg preview, here is the PNG and MTL in a ZIP:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AW...HsotIolK8tlMud

Credit goes to https://agf81.deviantart.com, I just darkened, spot-healed to clean up, and changed color/saturation.

Thanks,gamophyte---both for your kind words, and the nice texture! I'll swap it in and see how the place looks.

PS, once I get this baby released (still a long ways off...) I think you'll recognize one of the objects (or rather, collection of objects)...

6 hours of adding material tags to objects... finally done

Definitely an improvement! I like the fineness of the mortar in prior bricks,but the proportions of these new ones feels much better---decisions, decisions...

Awesome! Hey I dumbed it down if the crispness is too much https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Eu...1MLwWRuWHvSh0h

trefoilknot Amazing work so far! I can't wait to explore that map.

After a longer break the Thief 2 HD Mod v1.0 release comes closer.

This is a short preview of the Thief 2 Mission 'Trail of Blood'. All grass animations were created with a 3DS Max plugin by hand. I bought the 3DS Max plugin for a lot of money and it was a bunch of work to get this result of quality grass. The smooth wind animation fits better to the gaming atmosphere. All giant trees were replaced and it looks more realistic now. The new Thief 2 vegetation is finished to 90 % on all Thief 2 missions. More info in coming days.

OMG Gecko it's impressive how realistic that grass looks, and the motion is perfect, well done!

Looks really good! You'll want to fix the mist/fog particle effect on the river. With NewDark you can do much better now.

Thanks.

And because of all the FPS problem questions. Here is a short video test with the exact same grass with near stable 60 FPS rate:

@LarryG

I will try to find a better effect for the fog particle Do you have a tip for me where i can find a good example?

Look at Hazelshade Cemetery by NV. He uses fog conveyors there. That should work for your mist off the river, no?

Edit: Also read this discussion.
    Last edited by LarryG; 26th Apr 2018 at 21:51.

You can disk fire the fog off the fountain too. But yeah I'm loving the grass, it makes the ground feel more... deep, but that sounds obvious.... perhaps more like craggy like you could twist and ankle. It's great.

I noticed the giant tree branch object planes are blocking light casting a horizontal shadow.

I would would stop them from casting shadows, as it's less distracting than a black rectangle shadow.

I can't wait to play through again with 1.0. I'm a fan of anything that wants to involve my favorite game.

I am going to PM you some tree bark that you may want to use for more variation. The file names say from ______ so you know who to credit. They are free but I can't package and leave public link.

What you see in this demo is the work of months. All was rendered with 3DS Max and with the help of a 16 core CPU. Hours and hours of rendering to get this quality. In this demo i show you eleven different types of vegetation. After the Thief 2 HD Mod is released i want to share all this stuff with all FM makers. Hopefully we will see some of this in some future FMs. I know that not all animations are perfect. But i did my best! Don't forget that we can use only 99 different frames on any animation.

Again - they look great and it's a different level of quality of assets in the Thief's world.
    Even when used as static grass texture maps, they look very detailed and would enrich FMs worlds.

Do you mind give us some glimpse into the process of making them? Some screengrabs of your 3ds max scenes etc...

(on a side not, I'm happy to hear there's at least one person who uses 3ds max in this community. Makes me want to dust off my animation tools and actually finish them off one day... )

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Again - they look great and it's a different level of quality of assets in the Thief's world.
    Even when used as static grass texture maps, they look very detailed and would enrich FMs worlds.

Do you mind give us some glimpse into the process of making them? Some screengrabs of your 3ds max scenes etc...

(on a side not, I'm happy to hear there's at least one person who uses 3ds max in this community. Makes me want to dust off my animation tools and actually finish them off one day... )
    Thank you. Maybe i will make a short tutorial video about the process in 3DS Max. I've installed your animation tool a longer time ago. Excellent job! I didn't test all functions yet but really fantatsic work!

Well, I took a break from working on my contest mission today to continue investigating a cut feature whose code was still in the shippping Thief II, and actually got it working! Who knows, maybe it would've shipped in Thief II Gold?

Cool effects...but I..can't...resist...uurrrghhhnnnggnngng...

Last edited by Purgator; 6th May 2018 at 17:28.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Well, I took a break from working on my contest mission today to continue investigating a cut feature whose code was still in the shippping Thief II, and actually got it working! Who knows, maybe it would've shipped in Thief II Gold?
    Thats hilarious! Well done on bringing that back

Go on the roof?

Go on the roof? In german?
    Never heard that term ...

However ... if I remember right Zontik used the facial animation in King's Story, didn't he?
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Zappen, it's a reference to the infamous post by sUPERMARIO999 in this thread. Worth a read if you've never seen it before. On a related note, there's also Gingerbread Man's awesome To The Hague thread revealing the lengths the same guy went to after he was banned, which is among the more humorous reads in the annals of TTLG.

The face animations were recorded in real-time with an Intel RealSense 3D Camera. After that imported to UE4. It's not perfect but i'm working on it. The speech in the first part isn't 100 % synchronized with the animation. This is all just for fun ;-) The teeth texture is unfinished...

Awesome stuff, Gecko!

If anyone is interested....
    usayingerman.mp3
    sh*tbow.mp3
    I'm using these for notifications on my phone!

You really smart, enthusiastic people, haha

Zappen:
    However ... if I remember right Zontik used the facial animation in King's Story, didn't he?
    He might have done something custom with scripting the Mesh Textures property. But there's no "facepos.str" strings file (the name is hard-coded, so it'd have to be that), and I looked at the missions just now in Dromed, and querying the hierarchy found nothing with the Face State or Face Textures properties.

So he was definitely not using this feature. In fact the only discussion I could find about it before I started trying to figure it out for myself was this old thread where the conclusion was it didn't work (and honestly without the source code that'd have probably been the end result of my investigation too).

Gecko: That's very cool! Now I want to get a RealSense camera myself and experiment with it—but I'll have to wait until I can afford one.

Purgator: Thanks, I have a new sound for when Dromed finishes portalizing now

@vfig - would you mind elaborating a bit on the setup? What's needed to get it working and what kind of control do we have? Is it an automated thing based on the audio file amplitude or do you key-frame the animation?

As it is now, it looks a bit too twitchy and flickering and probably not applicable to more defined face 3d shapes, but still kinda interesting...

EDIT: I only noticed now your link posted in the other thread:
    http://backslashn.com/post/173587220...speech-project

Thanks for that - going to have a read now!
    Last edited by PinkDot; 10th May 2018 at 16:43.

Page 322 of 325 FirstFirst ... 72222272277282287292297302307312317318319320321322323324325 LastLast