TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 73223273278283288293298303308313318319320321322323
Results 8,051 to 8,069 of 8069

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Zappen:
    However ... if I remember right Zontik used the facial animation in King's Story, didn't he?
    He might have done something custom with scripting the Mesh Textures property. But there's no "facepos.str" strings file (the name is hard-coded, so it'd have to be that), and I looked at the missions just now in Dromed, and querying the hierarchy found nothing with the Face State or Face Textures properties.

So he was definitely not using this feature. In fact the only discussion I could find about it before I started trying to figure it out for myself was this old thread where the conclusion was it didn't work (and honestly without the source code that'd have probably been the end result of my investigation too).

Gecko: That's very cool! Now I want to get a RealSense camera myself and experiment with it—but I'll have to wait until I can afford one.

Purgator: Thanks, I have a new sound for when Dromed finishes portalizing now

@vfig - would you mind elaborating a bit on the setup? What's needed to get it working and what kind of control do we have? Is it an automated thing based on the audio file amplitude or do you key-frame the animation?

As it is now, it looks a bit too twitchy and flickering and probably not applicable to more defined face 3d shapes, but still kinda interesting...

EDIT: I only noticed now your link posted in the other thread:
    http://backslashn.com/post/173587220...speech-project

Thanks for that - going to have a read now!
    Last edited by PinkDot; 10th May 2018 at 16:43.

PinkDot: Yeah, that post and the two followup posts it links to should cover the details pretty well, and has a zip with all the files for the demo. I linked the posts from the youtube video's description, but I guess that doesn't show up in embeds

…what kind of control do we have? Is it an automated thing based on the audio file amplitude or do you key-frame the animation? As it is now, it looks a bit too twitchy and flickering…
    My posts kinda skim over this (because the crashes kinda make it irrelevant), but: the animation sequence is pregenerated based on the audio files, but could be easily edited to reduce the twitchiness if you wanted.

Very nice!

Thanks Larry!
    Here's a better video.

Should be titled "grumpy old men"!

Or maybe "Disgruntled" instead of "Dishonored".

Oh my whiskey and cigars, that looks cool!

Does anyone have the list of ThnScripts scripts? The site has been down for some time ...

Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post
    Does anyone have the list of ThnScripts scripts? The site has been down for some time ...
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...nhscript/index

@Purgator

Most impressive! I wonder how many factions you'll do that way

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I emailed Telliamed about this last week and he is in the process of moving whoopdedo to a new web host, so it should be back up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    @Purgator

Most impressive! I wonder how many factions you'll do that way
    Thanks Squada! I'm planning to do all the AI textures for Thief 2 in a similar 'Dishonored' style. Don't worry, I won't be posting videos for all of them. I'll put them up on my texture page, when I'm done.
    I'm using Photohop for these. I'll post the .psd files too, for those who like to poke around in that type of thing. All elements are on different layers (boots and pants and boots and pants), so there is good scope for making your own combinations of skins, if anyone feels so inclined. Gimp (it's free) can handle these .psd files, if you haven't got Photoshop.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Purgator View Post
    Thanks Squada! I'm planning to do all the AI textures for Thief 2 in a similar 'Dishonored' style. Don't worry, I won't be posting videos for all of them. I'll put them up on my texture page, when I'm done.
    I'm using Photohop for these. I'll post the .psd files too, for those who like to poke around in that type of thing. All elements are on different layers (boots and pants and boots and pants), so there is good scope for making your own combinations of skins, if anyone feels so inclined. Gimp (it's free) can handle these .psd files, if you haven't got Photoshop.
    Aah that would be an excellent idea! That would save me some time since I'm using some assets from your skins to do my own. But I can't find your site.. "

By the way, would you be interested in making a THI4F-inspired skins once you're done with the dishonored-ones? One just have to take a look at the concept art to see what they had in mind and how half-assed the game is.
    I have bought the artbook and I can scan the pages for you if you're interested! There's factory workers, mercenaries, automatons etc

Oh sorry Squada, I don't have a site as of yet. I was referring to my texture thread. I haven't uploaded these new skins yet, I'm still working on them. I can take a look a the ThiafIIII skins, certainly. I will do some webby searches and see what I can come up with.
    Last one of these, I swear.....

The Sheriff's Sergeant is quite a nice mesh for this style of skin, there are two variants in this video.
    Edit:

A variation on a Thi4f skin.
    Last edited by Purgator; 19th May 2018 at 12:59.

Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 73223273278283288293298303308313318319320321322323