TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 60 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1015202530354045505556575859606162636465707580859095100105110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 5740

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Whatever happened to the small demo mission ...

The small demo mission had a little accident involving gamma rays...

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    The small demo mission had a little accident involving gamma rays...
    Now a Hulk of a mission?

ahhhhh ahhh !... qolelis ..another vertical mission ? isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Now a Hulk of a mission?
    Its pants were ripped and it turned kind of green...

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    ahhhhh ahhh !... qolelis ..another vertical mission ? isn't it ?
    There will be some climbing involved...
    Last edited by qolelis; 4th Jul 2009 at 21:22.

Working with T2G Slums

I've sucessfully imported Slums.mis into my ongoing mission. I did this in order to see if there are tricks of the trade that LGS designers used that I should pick up on. So far, I am aghast by what seems to be incredibly sloppy work: for example facade features that extend through an entire house for 24 units, when all that was needed was 2 units! Sheesh. It is as though this incomplete mission was done by a new hire ... maybe it was ... ?

Anyhow, even though it is a little rough, I think it will work out after I make some alterations. I'm just happy that I could import all of it in and still have room to work.

Here's looking at you, Jorge!

And a couple of shots of a street I am working on.

Last edited by LarryG; 5th Jul 2009 at 19:15.

Created this stained glass window today from a photo I found on the web:

With interior lights on

With interior lights off

Nice work gentleman!

I have an old texture fam of stainglass images that you're welcome to Yandros - the style of yours reminded me of it quite a bit. It's just collecting dust on my drive so if you did manage to find a use for it, I'm sure it would make them very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Sheesh. It is as though this incomplete mission was done by a new hire ... maybe it was ... ?
    Actually, most of the OMs are not built very well by fan mission standards. Just run through Cragscleft with light_bright turned on and look at all the misplaced textures. Or jump in Bafford's secret passage and look at the bizarre empty cavern between all the rooms. I found a good one the other day in Baffords - there's a place on the streets at the start where a skybox brush occludes some terrain, making it really obvious there's a rectangle of sky if you know where to look. It all goes to show - if the gameplay and atmosphere are solid, the visuals can take a hike.

And the people at LGS had a timetable to stick to, which would have included any necessary Dromed training.

The Architect
    I'm with R Soul on this one.

The LGS team didn't have 10 years of hundreds of people working with the software behind them to facilitate the "proper" way to do things. They were given the program, no manual, and a few months to make something with it.

I think FMs surpassed the OMs after probably about two/three years of community work.

Easter Eggs!

Something every mission should have.

They are probably so obvious that no one would notice them
    But great job LarryG!

Arghhh howw can i upload an image?

Use an image upload site like photobucket.

This is the exterior of th Hammer Temple in that i'm working on (look at the T2 textures )

And this is a part of the interior.
    How you can see, there are some improved T2 elements, such as textures, objects and ambient sounds, also there are new skins, in the image you can see a novice sitting in a pew (with new skin).
    Last edited by DarkMax; 6th Jul 2009 at 21:11.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Cool DarkMax!

Wow, DarkMax, you are a quick study! If you are ingame in dromed, you can also use" Alt,and F-10" to take screens.

Those textures look great! You might be a natural at this!

Here are also some good commands to use in your dromed user.cfg:
    edit_screen_size 1024,768 ( make sure your desktop settings are at least one step larger) 1152,864 ect.
    edit_screen_depth 16
    editorcam_from_game
    vbrush_snap
    monolog
    no_endgame
    user DarkMax ( Your Name will appear on under the command window in dromed)

There are more commands you can use if you wish that will save you alot of time and trouble while editing.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 6th Jul 2009 at 22:07. Reason: to add info

Thanks, darthslair, i take screens from dromed because it was the most fast mode to take them haha

Classical Master 2008
    That's some promising architecture there, DarkMax.

Thanks Melan, i also loved the architecture in Prowler Of The Dark, the city architecture was fantastic... i want to know when you can make another of those levels for TDP .

Another Screenshot

Well, another screenshot of my work in progress, this is inside the temple in one of the corridors of the first floor, the second is starting to be built.
    Last edited by DarkMax; 8th Jul 2009 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I'm with R Soul on this one.

The LGS team didn't have 10 years of hundreds of people working with the software behind them to facilitate the "proper" way to do things. They were given the program, no manual, and a few months to make something with it.

I think FMs surpassed the OMs after probably about two/three years of community work.
    Definitely! You can't hold it against LGS, because they had no prior experience and little time for learning or corrections. Still fun to see what mistakes were left in though!

From this:

...to this:

...in 2 months (and a lot of gamma radiation).

After a lot of rebuilding and moving things around, most of the "scene complexity too high" went away. I could remove some of the invisible fences - there is one spot of "complexity too high" left, which I couldn't get rid of, so I had to keep the invisible fences there... for now. Crate climbers are in for a nasty surprise (if they find the right spot)

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when the scene complexity was suddenly gone. I wasn't sure where it went and maybe it was just hiding, waiting, and then, when I least expected it, when I thought I was done, it would show up again. I'm still expecting it to show up and ruin everything.
    Last edited by qolelis; 7th Jul 2009 at 12:53.

Last night I downloaded some "room tone" samples from the net. Placing open sounding ones in corridors and more condensed ones in smaller areas. I can't believe how much it up's the realism factor in a mission.

Hey Darkmax, where did you find that Hammerite texture you used on the walls in the corridor you posted? That looks like something I would want to use in the temple I'm building.

Page 60 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1015202530354045505556575859606162636465707580859095100105110160 ... LastLast