TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 62 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297102107112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 5745

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Speaking of apples...

That's just four objects. I need the Highwater mansion to have a well-stocked pantry, so I've started creating groups of food objects to place on the shelves. I tried using NV's great apple from the EP, but it's around 1000 polys (!), so when I had multiple apples in a group it crashed trying to convert to bin. These are new apples I made simply by taking the stock LGS apple, converting to mesh and subdividing faces. Gives them a much rounder shape with only about 120 polys each, so I can make groups of 8-10. Next are carrots, I'm hoping NV's carrots from the EP are low poly enough to use because they're much better, but will subdivide the LGS model again if needed.

Yes, the big drawback is that the player can't pick them up, although I could make the groups frobbable and give them a stack count, but that's kind of silly.

Edit:
    Forgot shading, they're smoother now. I also made three different objects to help randomize things a bit, one row of 8 and two groups of 10.
    Last edited by Yandros; 12th Jul 2009 at 00:01.

Just make only a few of them frobbable then. Good work! I wish there were more groups of objects available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Just make only a few of them frobbable then.
    Good idea, Lady R. I can go ahead and release these food groups when I get them done, no point in hanging on to them for a year.
    Last edited by Yandros; 12th Jul 2009 at 00:01.

I've got plans for baskets, barrels, and crates of veggies. Just been too busy with other stuff to follow through. So much to do, so little time ...

You could maybe use NV's apple texture with those LGS models Yandros. That should give them better looks with low poly cost .

Apples and carrots, a dromed designer's everyday struggle...

I'd love to see this type of grouping for kitchen items like stacks of dishes, groups of non-loot goblets, bowls, herb-sacks, cannisters, etc. I've got a good-sized kitchen which I've had to make much less-stocked than I would have liked. ...yeah, I know... "Get learning Anim8tor" and all that... [sigh]

...just sayin'...

Actually, I now have those empty cabinet in my kitchen (see above) so I may make some stacks of dishes and groups of goblets as well.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    That would be perfect Yandros

Saturnine
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    This would make a nice fancy vanity object:

YOINK!

Do you have a bigger picture?

The Architect
    I found this in my monologue just now.

This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!This animated light has a maximum brightness of 0!
    I take it that this isn't good... but I am not sure how to find this animated light with a maximum brightness of 0.

I think you'll just have to use hilight_by_prop AnimLight and look at each object.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Yes, the big drawback is that the player can't pick them up, although I could make the groups frobbable and give them a stack count, but that's kind of silly.
    I have that in my current FM. An object made of 7 loaves of EP bread (remade because of effing high polycount) which give you a stack of 7 single loaves.

That makes sense when the number of items is discretely countable. I was thinking that my barrels / crates / baskets would give you one item per frob. If someone wants to sit there and frob 100 times, let them get 100, I say. (The pig!) What harm, though? It's only fruit. I'm a klepto-thief myself, but if faced with an unending supply, I just might take the cure ...

Actually, I now have those empty cabinet in my kitchen (see above) so I may make some stacks of dishes and groups of goblets as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    That would be perfect Yandros

Seconded!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    YOINK!

Do you have a bigger picture?
    I wish so, but only found that on the internet and so it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I have that in my current FM. An object made of 7 loaves of EP bread (remade because of effing high polycount) which give you a stack of 7 single loaves.
    They even did something similar in Oblivion, where frobbing a cooked rat on a spit would pick it up as a few pieces of rat meat rather than a single object.

I went a bit overboard with some of those EP poly counts, didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    That makes sense when the number of items is discretely countable. I was thinking that my barrels / crates / baskets would give you one item per frob. If someone wants to sit there and frob 100 times, let them get 100, I say. (The pig!) What harm, though? It's only fruit. I'm a klepto-thief myself, but if faced with an unending supply, I just might take the cure ...
    Well, if they pick enough apples out of it, they could exceed the object limits!
    Probably not a real issue, though.

You could make the apples a separate object from the barrel, and use Tweq to scale the pile down each time the player picks one up, until the barrel is empty.

Looks pretty good with NV's wicker basket. The orange and lemon are really nice. The grapes are OK, as is the pear (now). This could be a series of objects that each frob gives you a fruit until the basket is empty.

Updated with the right pear texture.
    Last edited by LarryG; 12th Jul 2009 at 13:55.

Look great, Larry! I was just thinking I need to make some baskets of apples and carrots as well as the loose groups.

Here are my carrots, which are subdivided LGS models with a new texture based on the original but using NV's from the EP:

That's only 3 objects. The EP carrots would have been much better, but I could only get about 3 or 4 in a group.

i begin to be hungry.
    pls stop with those vegs

Are you grouping them to avoid the object/brush limit, or to avoid the onscreen object limit?

If the former, you could use a money tree* instead, and stick with individual objects.

* A system we invented for Mission X, basically using S&Rs to create objects after the mission starts, so that they don't count towards the brush limit.

For me, it is the on-screen object limit.

Updated: This solves that issue but good. I can still have some veggies about the place loose, but this reduces the object count significantly, leaving room for all my raw chickens and beef roasts.

Last edited by LarryG; 12th Jul 2009 at 20:19.

Same for me, this mission is well below the object max (around 4200 if memory serves). But this pantry room has four large shelves and to make them look full would have taken hundreds of objects.

Edit: Cheese groups.

I tried some mixed veggie groups earlier tonight and had issues with getting all the textures included in the 3ds, so I'll try again tomorrow after I get the bread groups done. I may go back and make a green apple using NV's texture, then do mixed apple groups.
    Last edited by Yandros; 12th Jul 2009 at 23:57.

I finished those darkness creatures, which will have a great protagonism in my upcoming FM. Down: a Dark Beast (hard to kill), and the others are the Dark Mages with their attack. No, these are not giant magic missiles, they are dark balls, based in the Fire Elemental model but whit another colours.

Those cheeses looks fresh and ready to eat Yandros .

Nice vegetables! I'm excited how they'll look in your missions!

Page 62 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1217222732374247525758596061626364656667727782879297102107112162 ... LastLast