TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 228 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257107 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

If you really wanted to save brushes, you could utilise NVNameOnCreation and NVLinkBuilder, thus allowing even more things to be saved until the start of the game

Hey, I know! How about a contest where every object in your mission must be created at sim start?

Ok, that's a really bad idea.

If we ever meet in person, Yandros, I'm going to slap you.
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

jtr7
    With leftover trout?

Sorry, ataricom.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Actually I'd much rather give him a flogging with lobster.

jtr7
    If the lemon juice to the eyes and the blistering hot garlic butter to the face don't tip him off first.

So, how's the mission coming, now that you know your brush count's not yet reached dangerous levels?
    Last edited by jtr7; 11th Jan 2008 at 21:03.

More like, if I don't eat his face after basting it in seafood!

I really haven't added much since that last screenshot, but I can tell it's going to be a hodgepodge of Frank Lloyd Wright houses, along with that "Guilded Age" mansion that I posted first (completely separate parts in the mission).

jtr7
    I Want to Eat Your Face.

Sounds cool! Different styles in one mission are often a plus. A happy juxtaposition, we all hope!

What I'm working on right now is my first FM, a smallish-medium-sized generic manor-type mission in DromEd 1, to get a handle of what to do and not do when making a mission (Such as building a manor from the inside-out. )
    Currently, I've hit a roadblock. Newly created objects are now invisible, until I portalize or collide with them in game mode. And they revert back to invisible whenever I exit game mode. And I can't figure out why for the life of me.
    It's maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief-Playah View Post
    What I'm working on right now is my first FM, a smallish-medium-sized generic manor-type mission in DromEd 1, to get a handle of what to do and not do when making a mission (Such as building a manor from the inside-out. )
    Currently, I've hit a roadblock. Newly created objects are now invisible, until I portalize or collide with them in game mode. And they revert back to invisible whenever I exit game mode. And I can't figure out why for the life of me.
    It's maddening.
    I know this trouble, this occurred at me several times. I was not able to guess his reason . I was forced to reload an early save and continue by it. For this reason I save the project in a new filename at each newly added object.

When I posted my mission stats I didn't include the total time:
    -23:-21:-13:-37

Yes, those are negative numbers, which are generated once the positive numbers become too high. I'll leave for someone else to explain properly because I can't quite manage it.

Wow R, that's impressive. Esh has done the same thing with Broken Triad mis 1, which he's been working on since 2003.

I must have started mine in mid-late 2005. I do wish I could build these things faster but I do like detail.

Oh, and here's a youtube video of the indoor market:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCuL6KwfSSY

Check the description panel on the right for a list of what's in the stalls.

Nice! I hope mine doesn't take that long.....well it might since I'm considering redoing a huge chunk of forest crap.

Back on topic here, I worked on this area of DP2 today. It should prove a favorite among spider lovers.

Last edited by Yandros; 15th Nov 2008 at 09:19.

jtr7
    Yikes!

I hope you'll be providing us with an extra long sword so we can fight from a greater distance

That webbed corpse model could do with some improvement... Any takers?

Agreed, I'd love to have a better one. If anyone does a better texture for it, I'd really appreciate it if you kindly do the web and corpse in layers and send me the texture in PSP format so I can create a variety of corpses under the webs, ranging from skeletal to very fresh, for DP2.

Actually, this is something I could try to do myself and provide to whomever does the new model...

Back on topic :
    Right now I'm fighting the beast called "Scene complexity too high". I beat it once in another location, but its twin later showed up for a rematch. The game doesn't actually crash, but there are Halls of Mirrors in one specific area.

I'm going to start by redoing some sloppy brushwork and hopefully I can lower the cell count that way. The next step is to try to build some barriers to limit the player's view. If that doesn't help, I will have to stop the player from entering the "diseased" area (which is something I really want to avoid doing).
    Last edited by qolelis; 14th Jan 2008 at 14:22. Reason: That area isn't dead yet...

I seem to be close to the limit of everything:

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I seem to be close to the limit of everything:
    but... in the name.. of ... the Builder... what in the Hell are you going to build ? HOC2 never reach those limits... (not yet i mean.. hehe)

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    right now, some revamps of evil never dies, i had problems with the mission, the flow wasn't right, the solution, build a new city and stop grafting things together, the result, much better, the mission moves nicer now, fits the plot better, and i'm not spending time on custom objects, i have enough of them to do anything at this point.

I like my youtube account

Another FM preview

And this is the sort of thing I get up to when I'm not being a taffer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0qbWJrurE

Today, I have been working on The Marble Hall. No screenshots, it's much too unfinished.

Page 7 of 228 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227323742475257107 ... LastLast