TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Can't see images...
    i try to fix it at the moment

now they should work
    Last edited by gigagooga; 6th Sep 2009 at 11:06.

Those look nice! One comment - that beautiful pillar could have even more detail, and use only one brush, and not impact your poly count if you made it an object.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Those look nice! One comment - that beautiful pillar could have even more detail, and use only one brush, and not impact your poly count if you made it an object.
    I have no idea how to make objects :S

Clearinghouse
    Looks very nice

Classical Master 2008
    I really like the abandoned city mission. Nice ambience.

Wash Day Mangle (aka a "Wringer")

Inspiration

Perspiration:

Once there was fog!

One of the last things I have left now is fog and that is what I am doing now - or trying to do anyway. At first I had fog_dist set to 256, but that gave me fog only outside and none inside, and I want it the other way around. Then I lowered it to 80 and then I at least had fog inside (and it even looked good (the screenshot doesn't do it justice, though)), but still outside (of course). I only want fog inside and really no fog whatsoever outside, so the usual tips don't work.

It's a long way down:

That's sort of what fog looked like in my caves, but I think I will have to skip fog altogether.

Classical Master 2008
    That's a nice look down into oblivion... WRT fog, would some sort of light particle effect work, or am I off base?

The problem with fog is that roombrushes are used to define in general where the fog is and where it isn't, but when it comes to the detail, the engine relies on cells. So the criterion will be something like "if this cell is in a foggy roombrush, put fog in this cell", and even then it has bugs, e.g. cells outside the roombrushes can still be fogged.

Telliamed wrote a program called FogFix. I'm not sure how well it works, and I can't find the link

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    That's a nice look down into oblivion... WRT fog, would some sort of light particle effect work, or am I off base?
    I will have to think about using particles. My first thought is that it would take a lot of them to fill all my caves. I'll try it out, though, thanks for the tip. Secondly, time is running out - not because I'm part of any contest, which I'm not, but because I just want this thing done now.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    Telliamed wrote a program called FogFix. I'm not sure how well it works, and I can't find the link
    I'll see if I can find it. Thanks for the tip.

Edit:
    FogFix is mentioned here: http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.ph...90#post1564690
    and here's the link: http://whoopdedo.org/projects.php?dark (FogFix is in the DarkUtils package).
    Last edited by qolelis; 7th Sep 2009 at 10:19.

The clouds/fog are 4 particle effects (AirCrystalCloud) spaced around the top of the tower.

FogFix fix fog!

FogFix fixed the problem Thank you!

All outside fog disappeared, but stayed inside. Outside fog still appears in some cases, though: When I go to an unfogged outside area directly from an inside fogged area, the fog stays, but disappears a certain distance from the transitional area. If I can't see outside when leaving the fog, however, the fog never shows up outside, so if I just limit the outside view, that problem can be fixed too.

@LarryG:
    So, I guess I could use particles to imitate fog? I think I would need too many, though.

All right... so now here's my work on the Thief DS city:

Classical Master 2008
    Child of Karras: proof - Dromeders can do anything. Anything.

CoK: Amazing!

CoK Have you posted links to the vids in this thread? If not you really should - my jaw hit the floor when I saw them. They're crazy good.

Thanks, guys.

@Sliptip: No, because it's already posted in the "Massive Thief Video Thread" (or however it is called) in the General Thief Discussion board.

Today was fog-day. FogFix did a good job at putting the fog in its place, but I still have to skip fog. It turned out that I needed pretty large (or differently formed) buffers between fogged areas and the outside areas to keep the fog from appearing outside in all situations and I don't have time to experiment anymore: Fog-day is now offically over.

I turned the fog off by setting fog_r/g/b to zero and fog_dist to 2000, but kept the Local Weather-settings for all room brushes, so I can still go back to it if something turns up.

Why not just toggle fog_on back off?

I thought I read here at some point over the years that you can't turn fog off once it's on in a mission.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    It's a long way down:

That's sort of what fog looked like in my caves, but I think I will have to skip fog altogether.
    For areas the player can't enter, you can use "fog planes"... stacks of solid-colored polygons with a low alpha value set, to simulate fog rendering. For example...

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I thought I read here at some point over the years that you can't turn fog off once it's on in a mission.
    Oh? If that's the case, disregard what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    For areas the player can't enter, you can use "fog planes"... stacks of solid-colored polygons with a low alpha value set, to simulate fog rendering. For example...
    This. The fog planes should look a lot better in 32-bit colour with DDFix, too.

You might also want to check out the moving fog planes in Hazelshade Cemetery.

Looks at Child Of Karras pics *jaw drops*.... WOW! TDS in the T2 engine-awesome!

Now I have to get in on this-won't give too many details yet but my story takes place on another planet-I got the idea after playing the fun little mission 'walking on mars'-except this one has more to see and do...and fear

Page 74 of 232 FirstFirst ... 242934394449545964697071727374757677787984899499104109114119124174 ... LastLast