TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Doschtles Labyrinth Jan 01/08 (multi-language)

Clearinghouse

T2 FM: Doschtles Labyrinth Jan 01/08 (multi-language)

This FM is now also available in english, french and italian:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2354790

Screenshots.
    Last edited by clearing; 17th Apr 2017 at 11:55.

Thanks!

Yeah, this one is german only.

Southquarter mirror.

there will be an english version. Work in progress.

Does southquarter have a new address....when I go here >>http://www.southquarter.com/fms/ I get a Page not found..oops!
    But when I click on the download link it works????

Southquarter.com/fms
    Southquarter is being reworked a bit. Only thing accessible right now are the files, from www.southquarter.com.

This is just a suggestion, but maybe we should refrain from making official threads for foreign language missions until an English version is available.

Exceptions could be made when it is generally known that the mission will not get translated to English or if the style/gameplay of the mission does not require the understanding of texts.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    This is just a suggestion, but maybe we should refrain from making official threads for foreign language missions until an English version is available.

Exceptions could be made when it is generally known that the mission will not get translated to English or if the style/gameplay of the mission does not require the understanding of texts.
    Wouldn't the objectives be in german too? I can't read german, nor speak it.

I have to agree, since this particular forum is English speaking. That seems like the right thing to do. For us none german taffers, why bother playing if we can't understand it.
    I do look forward to the english version though!

We could look at this as a heads up, kinda sorta, and sorta kinda.

I agree, I personally think that foreign missions which are going to become translated to English should wait for the translation

I disagree taffers. Sorry. No offense meant, but do you realise that for a lot of Taffers the english language and therefore the english FM's are also very foreign?!

I, for myself, have the same difficulty in reading the readables in German, French or English.
    You don't have a clue how you all "talk" on the forum, when questions are asked. This is sometimes nothing like the English I learned in highschool.

Again: No offense meant, but you are spoiled! So: I said it

I often have to play a mission, without the "right" information spelled out to me.
    Still: I like the challenge and mostly I find my way. And there are a lot of great Taffers out there who help me to get around.

Some of the best missions are made by not-englishspeaking Taffers.

So: I would suggest: Release them and let everyone decide for themselves if they want to play it, or wait for an english translation.
    I know: I would want to play them!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    Yeah, this one is german only.
    Aww.....AAAAAAWWWWWW....

*slowly walks out of thread with head down*

Gloria, this is mainly an English speaking forum, yes with lots of other languages thrown in, of course. Both versions, should or could be released at the same time. That way, it would be fair to everyone. IMO.

Yes, we can wait to play, if we decide to try it, most likely it will have script, and objectives done in German, whats the point of playing if you can't read it.

To each his/her own, I won't bother till the english version is released. Thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I disagree taffers
    Me too. Nobody must read the threads with foreign missions and nobody is forced to download them and complain about german or whatever obejects...
    The thread starters should make clearly in the title "German only" or whatever, so everybody knows it from the beginning.

Just plonk the words 'Foreign FM' on the front. That way everyone's happy.

One question:

How do you think a foreign mission could find its translators if not within an INTERNATIONAL forum?

Calibrator

Hek ya'll, i jes a Merikan an i ain't bin lerned lik u'uns. this ejut don went an plyed kno how. stuk i am 2. no readin' Cherman.

barak flor..whar thingy 2 opn....

u'r frend an mine. O i do hav fun....ain't thisn whot it bout?

The banned user, not the game
    downloading now

wow the first fm for 2008

how can i open these 2 area's in a barracks on floor,in barracks behind flag,also i found a stone door with a door plack,but cant figure out how to get it open
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008
    Last edited by Thief_4; 5th Jan 2008 at 16:52. Reason: update

Thief 4

spoiler:
    Look behind banner in next room frob something

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrator View Post
    One question:

How do you think a foreign mission could find its translators if not within an INTERNATIONAL forum?

Calibrator
    If a foreign mission needs translation help, then this can be done by creating a thread whose title directly addresses that need:

German FM: "Dark Tributary" Needs Translators

This keeps confusion/dissapointment down because we know its not quite ready for English consumption yet.

i am confused on what you said maloo?
    spoiler:
    on i am in barracks,i slashed banner and see a metal door dont have key to it,i currently have 2 keys,also there is a fake door in floor of same room,cant find anything to frob,also when i leave that room and go right and then a left i come to a stone door i am not able to find anything to frob,looks like i need to get to the enclosed area with that well in center,from what i seen,but for the life of me i cant figure out what i have to frob,what room do i need to be in,i think i might be looking in wrong area?,and i saw no banner in "next?" room

Having trouble in the same place as Thief_4. Barracks floor and door with plaque that says "Nur die Dunkelheit durchdringt Mauern!"

Up to this point I've had no problem.

Thanks!!

Thief_4 and Dwaggon, to go on you need another key to open the door behind the slashed banner in the barracks. Look in the area you started in.

explicit: One of the haunts there carries it.

For the text on the plaque: It's a hint and you'll need it a bit later. Roughly translated it says "Only darkness goes through walls"

i went back through map and
    spoiler:
    there is no haunt left i did not get either loot of keys from,i got 2 keys and none work on door behind slashed banner,did you have more then 2 keys?,maybe one is hidden?

Uh. That doesn't sound good, Thief_4. You should havethree keys. How many haunts are there in the first area? Six? I'm asking because the first time I played the mission after the release I did have the same problem as you have now and after checking the game in Dromed SinisterShadow found out, that the haunt with the key got stuck in the wall - we thought then, that this was bad luck, because it never happend during the betatest. Maybe you could restart and see if there's one haunt more then? Sorry, I don't have another suggestion at the moment, there's no other way, than to open this door.

What ? And put the German missions in the german speeking board....not!
    Thats actually fine but any foreign missions are also welcome to be posted here. This is the main (International) Thief Mission Forum as far as I know and lots of people here speek German, and many other languages. Lots of non German Speeking taffers will play it anyhow and can still come here for help. And many of the German speekers will often at least post the objectives in English, sometimes. I'm not trying to be a bummer to you elkson, please don't take this that way. I just wanted to make a few points and another suggestion. I think since this is a mainly English forum when someone posts a foreign language mission (not in English yet) they should specify it is in German (in this case) in the thread title and change it accordingly when it is available in English or start a "Now in English" or "English Version available"
    thread when apropriate.

And thanks Bretheren for the update