TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Thief I + II Sound effects enhancement pack

Thank you for the video.

This audio file (snd.crf\appar\appa0__4.wav) is broken, or not? At the moment 0:06 I hear distorded sound from apparition.

Also, let me know what is this - snd.crf\appar\Appa1__2.wav. Strange tone, at least for me.

This message was copied from topic "TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold" from page 69. Something to fix or not?

I don't think the enhancement pack covers voice files, does it?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No.

Any chance we can get the original version with the thief 3 sounds as well?
    I prefer the thief 3 sound effects myself.

Restore my dying sounds...

Is there any way possible to restore the original sounds when the NPC dies in a) fire b) water c) These sounds were wiped out in Tfix 1.2 (to accommodate higher Video card resolution, various bugs, etc). I would be willing to donate as I am a great fan of the original game.

Zombified
    1) take out your testicles, put on a table
    2) hit with a brick, as hard as you can
    3) most authentic dying sounds will be generated

bonus! human gene pool quality will increase.

//also, the sounds have not been removed, so there is nothing to restore, they are just disabled. to have them re-enabled, one would have to edit the gamesys. so, how much you've got?
    Last edited by voodoo47; 1st Jul 2015 at 08:01.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    1) take out your testicles, put on a table
    2) hit with a brick, as hard as you can <-- I did. Brick broke.. got a hammer instead.
    3) most authentic dying sounds will be generated <-- I feel pleasure

bonus! human gene pool quality will increase.

//also, the sounds have not been removed, so there is nothing to restore, they are just disabled. to have them re-enabled, one would have to edit the gamesys. so, how much you've got?
    What exactly needs to be edited to restore the original dying sounds?

Zombified
    the fix is ages old, so no idea. would have to go digging around.

the fix is ages old, so no idea. would have to go digging around.
    Aye.. it's a bit olde. Did you create this T fix or co-authored it?

Zombified
    it's a work of many people.

Just wondering if it is still necessary to install this for T2 (as in run the executable)?

Does anyone know if you can do something similar as you can with the TG version of SEEP, ie open the exe up in 7z then just copy files into your T2 usermods folder?

You should basically be able to open the exe with 7-zip and extract the contents.

Sorry if this is old ground, but does SEEP no longer work in T2? When I installed the T1 version in TG it noticeably improved the sounds, but the T2 version seems to make no difference in T2, the unpleasant underlying hiss when you drink a potion or swing your sword overhead etc, are all there. Or is it something to do with my install order, something
    installed later is overriding the new sounds perhaps?

The order is GoG T2, SEEP, Tafferpatcher with IIRC all enhancements, then finally NecroAge.

Thanks, and love this mod in TG. The audio is no much better without the hisses.

Zombified
    pretty sure you will have to set it up after TafferPatcher to make it work (preferably as a mod in a proper modpath).

Thanks. Tried reinstalling SEEP again but to no avail. Next I tried adding .\RES\snd.crf+ in the normal mods paths before what was already there, but to no avail. I then tried following the instructions given in TFix for the T1 version but that also did not change anything, even if I added .\USERMODS\SND\SFX+ at the start of the normal mod paths.

Dp ypu have any other suggestions for something I could try? Thanks again.

Zombified
    have a snd folder in T2\usermods, put Doors, Feet and SFX folder from the pack there. add .\usermods+ to the beginning of the cam_mod.ini modpath and it should work. example from my fresh install;
    Code:
    mod_path .\usermods+.\MODS\t2water+.\MODS\t2skies+.\patchedmis

I tried all that and still get the hisses on drinking a health potion etc. Did that work on your install?

Just in case my previous installing of SEEP via the installer broke something I also tried that manual method with a new install of T2, both before and after installing TafferP, but nothing changed.

Maybe it's a GoG thing. It somehow prevents SEEP.

Zombified
    nope, your resource source doesn't matter once you patch up with TafferPatcher. anyway, it does work for me, I can't really hear the difference, but removed the original sound.crf from the RES folder, and those sounds that are in the sound pack (like footsteps) persisted, so from the resource path standpoint, things work.

you can check in the same way.

My Thief2 SND.CRF file that goes in RES folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byh...ew?usp=sharing

Zombified
    yeeah you probably shouldn't be sharing game resources like that. also I don't see how this would help?

yeeah you probably shouldn't be sharing game resources like that. also I don't see how this would help?
    No, it was intended for Cigam only, only for him.
    I forgot to reply with quote.

Zombified
    one way another, he doesn't need the original sound.crf, he wants to get the sound pack going.

one way another, he doesn't need the original sound.crf, he wants to get the sound pack going.
    That is true, but thanks for trying to help, bassoferrol.

Oh dear, it seems that SEEP2 has been working all along. I thought it wasn't because the sounds I was testing (potion-drinking and sword overhead swinging) were hissing when they sounded so much cleaner in SEEP1.

But it turns out they actually hiss in SEEP2's own folder. No idea why. Maybe the author made a human error and included the original versions in SEEP2 rather than the cleaned up ones? Well, problem easily fixed by copying the relevant wav files from my T1 USERMODS folder into the equivalent location under T2 USERMODS. I have cleaner sounds for those events in T2 now.

Thanks Voodoo for trying to help and sorry for my mistake. Although it was useful to learn the manual installation method as I wouldn't have been able to just easily overwrite the hissy wavs otherwise
    Last edited by Cigam; 19th Feb 2017 at 00:50.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567