TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and Improved T3 Silence Feb.07/08

New and Improved T3 Silence Feb.07/08

New areas, new textures, more story, bugfixes, framerate improvement and all sorts of fancy things like that. This is the much more final version of part 1, hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1253

thanks for updated versions!

ps FM hosters - take notice .

The updated version is at Shadowdark:

http://www.shadowdarkkeep.com/missio...ePart1v1_1.zip
    "For the Love of the Game"

Thanks CrackedGear! I just finished playing this latest version and totally enjoyed it. Excellent and well done!

Clearinghouse
    Thanks for update, CrackedGear

The first loading screen is really beautiful. And the future is...green.

CrackedGear, your story is just COOL
    And a little question: people, what do you think about the main character in 3d person mode?

Honestly, since I'm trying similar things myself, I only thought: How did you get both eyes glowing? – or the other way around: How can I get the right eye non-glowing without darkening the texture what I do right now)?

(PS: She looks great! )

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    (PS: She looks great! )
    Thanks! But those cool green kitty eyes was made by CrackedGear and they suit her much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    ...How did you get both eyes glowing?...
    I sent you e-mail with the answer.

the idea of using a new character isn't bad, but obviously she is still called Garrett by fellow pagans and her body is still a man's.
    I haven't gone through it all but I've tried the new areas and I've done the older version.
    I think the new areas are too difficult to sneak, the limited weapons is another disadvantage.
    Also the performance in the new areas is very bad, I'm okay on other missions but isn't smooth on this one.

I cannot complain (or better: judge) about the performance, but sneaking through the whole inn and Auldale without being noticed is definitely possible. You have to (mis)use TDS's dull AIs, but you can do it.

ok I've done it too and found it possible, only after I figured out that the tavern owner will not scream at your presence. Some other places in the mission were also difficult, but I wouldn't say impossible.There should be a debriefing after finishing mission I think.

Is it just me, or is this mission choppy? Very nice looking though....

Pagans conquered Auldale! Nice backstory and it all looks better now, the only problem is that they all call him Garrett But I know it was too difficult to override that.

The idea about "conversations" (or rather monologues) was exactly the thing I had in mind some time ago. If you had someone for voice acting, you could use built-in game maitnee, or fence system to make things static for a while. I must try this idea the other day, right now I'm focused on graphical aspects of the game
    Last edited by Judith; 12th Feb 2008 at 12:26.

Apparently you run into the Pagans too often. I hardly approached them and had only one ore maybe two "Garretts" during the four or five times I played it. But I had: "Not bes pushing."

Normally, I don't like forced ghosting but I really enjoyed in this level. And yes, re-using the city was a nice touch with a different plot.

city looks fine mystic and sure green
    looking for part:2
    you should make this in whole city.(especially the docks will be nice:sea and greeny athmosphere)
    it will be cool if you add a mission in every district of the city and new places like pub in auldale.
    These makes your mission(s) an expansion pack of thief ds.
    yes it is still a body of a man.
    I wish this would be thief3x or smth like that

well the plan is to eventually do the whole city this way over time. and yes it would be cool to do something like thief3x, but last time i checked, 2x took a huge mob of people 5 years, and this is mostly just me, so don't hold your breath or anything.

glad you liked it though.

classes just started up again, so i'll be a bit busier for now, but i hope to look at improving the framerate some this week.

I downloaded the fan mission but when I went to install it with garrett loader it will not recognise it...If I open it with WinRAR I get an error message "unexpected end of archive"

Any ideas????

Broken file, new download required...?

Yup, just download again

Has anyone found a way to enter the tunnel behind the picture? It is just outside the door with the sleeping woman and the cat that roams around. (can't remember cats name). I must be missing something obvious-remember having same problem first time playing this mission. Thanks.

Excellent additions - N E 1 used the wagon to kill guards??

Thanks mucho for the prefix addition, great use of an existing map with a few nice alterations!!

I made use of pushing the wagon against a walking guard to knife him thru the bottom of said wagon - nice fun.

I also used it to keep a guard from leaving the pub - nice fun P__sing off those guards!!

So the area across the walk board from the 2nd floor sleeping area in the garden area, did/does that serve a purpose other than observation??

Great fun - Thanks again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToadTadWater View Post
    So the area across the walk board from the 2nd floor sleeping area in the garden area, did/does that serve a purpose other than observation??
    yes.

How Big?

How big is this download? The circle says it is 50mg but I'm 75 & counting.