TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed fog in LoTP

Me too, it did nothing for me. Damn Vista.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Me too, it did nothing for me. Damn Vista.
    So far there is no fix for the broken fog in vista..

It was fun again to see the fight scene!

Heh, I re-awake this thread which I wrote on long ago, since Ive not installed Thief 2 on my modern PC, and yet again suffer from the fog issue where the sky is white.

WinterCat if you look at your the screenshots at the beginning of this thread, the very first one, you can see the night sky with stars just barely peeking through the too-heavy fog. This is what i mean, its the way the map was designed, but since you know how to edit the fog, can you make it lighter? tweak it down until the sky shows up and it looks at least half-night, even that would look better than full daylight :/

We would appreciate a 2nd less-fogged fix for Life of the Party
    Last edited by Cold0ne; 17th Aug 2009 at 21:26.

The goal of my fix was to show the fog in the way it was originally planned by LGS. So I didn't touch fog settings, just reportalized the mission.

Well im only asking please if you know how to edit the fog to reduce it by about 50% and portalize and save? thats what i dont know how to do and dont really want to learn a bunch of tools just to do that small fix :/

if u wont do it ok thanks anyway.

Type these commands in DromEd:
    fog_on : is fog being used?
    fog_dist : dist at which fog is opaque
    fog_r : fog red (0-255)
    fog_g : fog green (0-255)
    fog_b : fog blue (0-255)

ah thanks for the fog info, im gonna have to get dromed and learn to use it a bit i guess... maybe ill do that in the future. not ready for such an endeavor now ;p

colored fog sounds cool though, why havent they used it in the game? everyone only seem to use 255,255,255, or white, fog.
    some green or blue lit fog would create some awesome outdoor effects (like a forest with turquoise fog) or a hammerite graveyard/crypt with slightly bluish fog. maybe ill learn dromed and make some levels ;0

Some FMs have colored fog, Shadows of The Past - green, Bafford's Curse - red, Forest of Despair - black, etc. Pity DE allows only one fog per mission.

The Curse (La Malédiction) has blue fog right at the beginning, and it indeed creates proper atmosfear.

Clearinghouse
    There's list FM with fog.

Can someone reupload this fixed mission (+Shipping and Receiving) again pls?

Thank you very much! :-D

Good on you as always clearing

Archivist
    I'd like to bump this thread and thank Winter Cat for the fog and conversation fixes. I'm planning on reinstalling Thief 2 and are collecting these and others files.

Clearing, I see you're hosting two other fixes as well (for Running Interference and Kidnap). There's no readme in these files. Can you explain what they do?

Zombified
    loot and conversations, if I remember correctly. anyway, no need to mess with those old files, just install the overhauled resources when patching up with TafferPatcher.

Archivist
    Thanks voodoo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12