TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brawl in the Tombs - New version: Feb 9, 2008

Brawl in the Tombs - New version: Feb 9, 2008

Dark Assassin has revamped John D.'s classic mission "Brawl in the Tombs" with tons of new stuff.

http://www.komag.net/missionst2/BrawlintheTombs_v2c.zip (48.9 MB)

EDIT:
    a new mirror link:
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/mi...eTombs_v2c.zip (48.9 MB)

EDIT: Added date to title
    Last edited by Shadak; 8th Mar 2008 at 12:22.
    "For the Love of the Game"

What exactly has been changed? I'm currently playing through this mission (no laughing) and I'm not sure if I should start over just because of this.

[Edit] Well, that was one quick reply...

Thank you. I don't think I actually finished 1st version, though I was enjoying it enormously, so have now downloaded new one. Will be very interesting to see the changes.

Oooo...this is good news. DLing now!

Yahoo thanks.

Oh nice, always loved this mission, just nabbed it, can't wait to play. Appreciate a rerelease of this.

Jusal, I don't know the actual differences because I haven't personally played either mission, but I can tell by all the contents in the file and from comments elsewhere that there are a lot of changes.

As far as a fast reply, I'm not sure but it sounds like you're being sarcastic and actually upset that I didn't reply within 5 minutes. This reply now is still within one hour, extremely fast by forum standards.

Well, I suppose I am eating my words now.

Congrats on the release, DarkAssasin!

...Brawl is one of my favorite missions because of the dynamic gameplay and the fact that all the major Thief factions are present kicking ass!!!

Desperately dodgy geezer

Congrats on the release, DA!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadak View Post
    Jusal, I don't know the actual differences because I haven't personally played either mission, but I can tell by all the contents in the file and from comments elsewhere that there are a lot of changes.

As far as a fast reply, I'm not sure but it sounds like you're being sarcastic and actually upset that I didn't reply within 5 minutes. This reply now is still within one hour, extremely fast by forum standards.
    Chill, I think he was talking about how fast he replied to your note.

I wasn't expecting this to get released so soon, but COOL! I tested the first beta, but didn't have time to test the later ones. But I can tell you that this is mostly a cosmetic upgrade - all new texturing, and much more variety among the AI - basically bringing the look and feel up to "current FM standards". It's just as much fun as the original (if not more so), it just looks much nicer IMO. I don't know of any real stuff that changed like readables or story, but I haven't played the original in years so I may have missed that. Then again this mission isn't very heavy on story compared to many of John's other missions, so there wasn't too much that DA could have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Chill, I think he was talking about how fast he replied to your note.
    Yeah, that's right. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, I wasn't sure anyway

This is kind of odd seems missions are normaly not supposed to be tampered with. I guess John D must have gave his permission. Another odd thing is he pulled all his stuff but here it is...one of his missions re-done and available. Hmmmm....The download is finished...Thanks.

I was trying to check out how big the origional was to gauge how much may have been added but of course it isn't available. How big was the origional ? This re-release weighs in at 48 mb.

I dug out an old T2 FM CD I have. I found the original Brawl in the Tomb from 11/13/2002 at 5.73 meg. Going to take a look at it later.

Yes, John D. has given over his missions to Dark Assassin to upgrade and release reworked if he wants, etc. And yes, the original was 5.7MB and this one is 48.9MB, a difference of 43.2MB (mostly textures, objects, and sounds)

Ok, I found the key, but where is the brigade of thieves?

Nice rework, and to see that fight scene again, its a masterpiece. It is. In the sewer tunnels now, lots to see and do, enjoying this.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Much of the size increase is from the inclusion of the Hammerite voice sets from T1 and T3 (totalling ~30MB if he used all 5 voices from the HMDK).

Ganac: Go where they're marked on the map and look around carefully.

Sorry yandros, I worded that wrong. I know where the compound is, I just know that when I find the key off of Ken, a large number of thieves are supposed to show. Well, at least in the original.

I'm hoping this FM can be mirrored elsewhere, as I'm having a lot of trouble trying to download. The transfer works for awhile, and then with just a few minutes to go, it stops. I'll have to wait and try another day.

Do you have some sort of a DL manager you can use? Try to resume later, without loosing what you've already got DL'd.

Wow, very nice. I forgot just how fun this mission was. Looks even better now. Nice work, Dark Assassin, let's hope you get more of John D.'s classics re-released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Do you have some sort of a DL manager you can use? Try to resume later, without loosing what you've already got DL'd.
    May depend on the D/L Manager - the Komag link doesn't give GetRight permission.

Perhaps a mirror...?

The banned user, not the game
    where is the mech info at?

all other objective complete

i search every inch of the mech area through that tunnel
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

thief_4 there's a very-hard-to-see safe in the wall of room where the zombies are kept in cells. Check it out.