TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Lady of dromEd

Archivist

Missing Lady of dromEd (update)

More of you must be wondering where she is.

Morrgan, one of the long-time masters of dromEd, has been absent for some time now.
    Her forum profile, as well as her homepage, don't show any recent activity. I sent her an email and PM last december, but never heard back.

It seems she retired, or at least took a long break from Thief! Just like Vigil, who didn't showed up on his birthday party. Hope they're both doing well.

Does anyone knows what she's up to these days? And can we still expect her unfinished missions to be released, like the conclusion of her excellent Greyfeather Gems series!?

Edit: there's a different email adress visisble on her homepage, which I haven't tried.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 12th Mar 2010 at 07:34. Reason: Missing Morrgan again

Vigil has been since in irc #thief channel, along with Morrgan, I haven't been in much lately. They come and go.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    She's very active with her creatures, so I'm guessing she's fully engaged in that and not active with Thief anymore... so we may never see TGG3. She did wish Vigil a happy birthday in her blog, though. I'll try sending them both an email asking for status of their Thief work, but I'm guessing they've moved on. The last email I got from either of them was just after his birthday last year. He's busy with work now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    She's very active with her creatures, so I'm guessing she's fully engaged in that and not active with Thief anymore... so we may never see TGG3.
    That would be very sad, I love The Greyfeather Gems series. Hope she'll get back to Dromed.

You last visited: 3rd Jul 2007 at 22:36
    Oh my. I hadn't realised it's been that long.

Hey all! I noticed a bunch of visits to my blog from TTLG and got curious. I'm rather embarrassed to find I have many unread messages in my inbox here, my apologies! I'll get back to you all within the next couple of days. The email addresses I've used here have also been neglected, as almost all the messages I get to them these days are spam.

Yandros is pretty much right. My student grant ended a while back, so I had to start Earning Some Money and started up my little shop. What could be better than making (some kind of) a living from a hobby? Sadly it's meant that my other hobbies have suffered, as the creatures have been more popular than I expected. Time has just flown by while I've been busy with that and working on my degree.

I haven't touched Thief or Dromed for a long time now, the same goes for Vigil. I'm afraid that at this point it looks like TGG 3 will never happen. :/ I haven't given up on Serious Business though, as that one is so far along it would be a shame to give up on it now. My degree will be finished in a few months (assuming nothing unexpected happens again) and I'm hoping to finish SB after that is out of the way.

Again, apologies for being so absent and thanks for still showing an interest in my FMs! I'll try to be better about checking my messages from now on.

jtr7
    Hello! Thanks for stopping by, Morrgan! Glad to hear you're doing okay and just had to shift priorities. Spix tried to get ahold of you several months ago, and that was when we realised something was "going on". It's great that your creatures are so well received. You two are missed, but you're doing what you have to do, and all is as well as can be expected. Thanks for the update. Now I can stop wondering if we had offended you, and be glad for you. \o/ No worries!
    Last edited by jtr7; 12th Feb 2008 at 20:08.

Morrgan's missions are great and interesting.

I'm still alive too! Though alas pretty much inactive on the texturing front. My interest moved on from Thief, but hasn't moved on to any other games so far - so I'm sort of stuck with what to do in the way of game art. Which is a shame because I enjoy making textures very much when there's a project I'm passionate about.

(Big apologies to DrK and others who have written to me about texture resources and never gotten replies - this is because I am a horrible person.)

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigil View Post
    My interest moved on from Thief, but hasn't moved on to any other games so far - so I'm sort of stuck with what to do in the way of game art. Which is a shame because I enjoy making textures very much when there's a project I'm passionate about.
    Sounds like The Dark Mod could use your talents. Sure, it's still Thief, but at least a more current vision of it.

You'd probably be great for the dark mod team Vigil, you could at least think about it, aye? Please?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Seriously, Vigil - play the alpha demo and you'll be hooked.

What we're trying to say is we don't want to lose you guys and your talents.

that doesn't sound pushy, does it? ... haha ... not my intention.
    No pressure or anything ... It's all good. Do what's fun for you, of course.

But Darkmod does have a lot of potential ... it's worth playing the demo and keeping it in mind if you ever get back in the mood for making game assets that you know people will use and appreciate ... and of course it's current generation tech so finally looks good.

And making stuff for another gaming scene may not be quite as, what's the best term?, engaging? IMO.
    I'm personally interested in assets that can bring stealth gameplay out of the Thief and medieval boxes and into new types of worlds -- variety in life is always a good thing -- and Darkmod may be a vehicle to do that; another thing to keep in mind.
    Last edited by demagogue; 15th Feb 2008 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrgan View Post
    I haven't touched Thief or Dromed for a long time now, the same goes for Vigil. I'm afraid that at this point it looks like TGG 3 will never happen.
    Will you put it up for adoption? I'm sure with the resources, a member here could finish off the story.

Closure.

Rough! I really hope the final installment gets finished, eventually. I hadn't even heard about TGG until somebody mentioned it on the forum a few days ago, so I decided to try it.

I downloaded both parts and was really impressed! I mean, damn! How did I miss these? Some filthy rich TTLG member should hire Morrgan for 4 months to finish the 3rd episode.

N

Ha, not such a bad idea, Quincy.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not putting TGG3 up for adoption at this time, because I'm too stubborn to completely abandon the idea of finishing the series myself. Yet. We'll see for sure once SB is done.

(Speaking of, I hope your posts can lure Vig back to texture making. I have need for a few myself if I am to finish SB.)

Archivist

Update

Appologies for the necromancy but I prefered to post in the existing thread rather then starting a new one.

Morrgan is missing again. She hasn't visited the forums since last November but what is more worrying is that her email is down. I've tried both known adress (the one on her profile and one on her website) and both bounced .

Did anyone got in touch with her lately and knows of any email to try?
    Hope she's ok.

jtr7
    Did you check Vigil's contact information too?

Archivist
    I've send Vigil a visitor's message last month (which I believe he hasn't noticed yet).
    Can't recall if I also emailed him. Thanks for the tip.

The Ladies of DromEd: UPDATE

Definitely disappointing if she's gone. Maybe it's just temporary. I came back, so anything's possible.

Speaking of Ladies of DromEd: raetsel is alive and well; just occupied with other stuffs. I hope she returns as well. It would be a shame to lose her talents as well.

Lady Rowena is working on another project, but is overwhelmed with 'real life', so she's absent more and more. Hope everything turns out OK for her as well and she can come back from time to time.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    While we're listing active female Dromeders:
    Moghedian is still slowly working on DCE with me.
    Gaetane is still working on Black Frog.

Good to hear about raetsel, Mike. She hasn't popped in here in forever, but her website is happily still around.

Phantom, I've corresponded with Vigil via email probably in the last 6-8 months. I can try sending him a note if you like.

I hope raetsel doesn't mind if I share...

She said she misses us, misses this place, but has meant a thousand times to come post here --- and just hasn't.

I can sympathize with her. I can only speculate, but keeping up with a lot of different things (online and in real life) can be exhausting sometimes, especially for folks with lots going on. It's sometimes easier just to put it off for just a little while longer...and then five years have passed.

Oh yes ...... I dó SO understand!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I sent a quick query to Alun just asking him to confirm they're both OK since her site and email are down.

Vigil is certainly still fine, he's regularly in #Thief (as he was earlier today).

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Good to know, thanks!