TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief FM Sites

Thief FM Sites

Is there a site out there that gives a thumbnail description of each FM? Thief-The Circle used to maintain a pretty good system, but it has fallen into disrepair.

Now that I'm 100% retired, I could manage The Circle, as long as I don't need to know a lot of code. I would love to update it.

I just sent an e-mail to whomever controls The Circle (Digital Nightfall?)
    Last edited by Ricebug; 8th Mar 2012 at 09:40.

That's a terrific idea, Terry! Nobody has kept it updated on a regular basis since Pav left us. I hope they take you up on your offer.

Clearinghouse
    Any news?

I got an email from Digital about 2 weeks after I sent him one. He agreed that it was a "great idea," and that he would contact someone. But "someone" is "pretty busy," he said. He must be, since I've never heard anything since.

I'll bring this to the current admin. though I don't know if anyone of them has authority over the Circle or not. It would be really nice to have it brought up to date and it's generous of you to volunteer your time to do it.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Good idea!

Hello fellow taffers

I don't know if anyone here would be insterested but, after having recently aquired all of the KOMAG DVD's, I'm going to slowly start and review each FM that I play. Now i've only had the idea this morning, so there's no reviews up yet, but you can still check out the blog space for it here: http://sensesrefined.com/games-fan-creations/

I'm hoping to simply provide a brief overview and a personal rating for the missions, along with some images. I also plan on creating a simple to follow installation guide for the FMs and any classic games I review. My reason for doing this is similar to Ricebug's really, I've been checking out The Keep of Metal and Gold and The Circle, but many missions have no reviews/images for them. But mostly, I just love the games and the custom content people take the effort to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizd3m View Post
    I've been checking out The Keep of Metal and Gold and The Circle, but many missions have no reviews/images for them.
    Have you checked the General Fan Mission Review And Discussion Megathread? (Listing of reviewed missions on the 1st page).

Then again, there's nothing wrong with more reviews / opinions of FMs

I'm always interested in reading reviews, particularly of missions that haven't been reviewed yet. There's a list of reviews in the Thief Fan Mission Links thread and once you've got started, we can add your link in.

As Sticky said, there are reviews already for a number of missions but other opinions are always welcome and it'd be great to get reviews for missions that haven't been covered as well. Also, short and sweet is good too.

Sweet baby Garrett!! I don't know how I missed that one! Thanks guys!

I still think I'll write reviews from my own experience (I enjoy writing ) and hopefully it'll help someone somewhere Oh, I should mention that I also enjoy ghosting very much when possible, and my reviews will reflect that, again if possible.

On a side note, I'm still amazed at how alive this game is after all this time! I don't think I'll ever run out of missions to play.

If you actually ghost a mission following the official rules, you might consider writing up a ghosting report and posting it in one of these threads:

OM ghosting reports
    FM ghosting reports

Nice! Will do Tannar, thank you!

I used to love reading the ghosting reports in there by Peter Smith, Larry and Klatremus. Is there a comparable such thread here at TTLG?

http://sensesrefined.com/thief1gold-...-lord-bafford/

Ok guys, here's my first review of Poor Lord Bafford. Before I write more and start linking them everywhere, I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

In general, what do you guys enjoy reading/seeing in FM reviews?

ANY feedback here or on my site would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I used to love reading the ghosting reports in there by Peter Smith, Larry and Klatremus. Is there a comparable such thread here at TTLG?
    No, we still go there to post reports. But there is probably a lot of new stuff if you haven't been there in awhile.

Figured out a simple way to add the lastest FM reviews to my main page too. So, any opinion on the content? Really, rip me a new one if you must, I really want to improve where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizd3m View Post
    Figured out a simple way to add the lastest FM reviews to my main page too. So, any opinion on the content? Really, rip me a new one if you must, I really want to improve where I can.
    Just a couple of observations:

1. The grammar and spelling were impeccable. You've obviously got some writing background.

2. You should include the author's name and other FMs he/she may have done.

3. Under 'Games' all you have is Home World. I'm assuming you'll add Thief if you decide to take on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    Just a couple of observations:

1. The grammar and spelling were impeccable. You've obviously got some writing background.

2. You should include the author's name and other FMs he/she may have done.

3. Under 'Games' all you have is Home World. I'm assuming you'll add Thief if you decide to take on this project.
    Thanks for the feedback Ricebug! I really appreciate it.

1. That's very kind of you, thank you

2. The author's name is in the top image (by the FM title) as well as in the review, but I'll work on finding more information on what else he or she has done.

3. Absolutely. As time goes by, I'll be adding more reviews for games, fm's and of course music.

I also received some interesting feedback from some facebook users about adding headings to my FM reviews such as Gameplay/Visuals/etc... So I'll try and work that in somehow to make it easier to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post

Forgive me for saying so but I found one or two minor errors. But honestly, it was a true pleasure to read something so free from spelling and grammar errors and more to the point, very well written. I enjoyed your review of Poor Lord Bafford very much and I really like the layout and artwork on the site. Very tastefully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Forgive me for saying so but I found one or two minor errors. But honestly, it was a true pleasure to read something so free from spelling and grammar errors and more to the point, very well written. I enjoyed your review of Poor Lord Bafford very much and I really like the layout and artwork on the site. Very tastefully done.
    Thank you for the feedback Tannar and please, don't be sorry, I truly look forward to any sort of criticism. If you could please point out the mistakes, I'll gladly correct them asap. Also, they may have already been fixed as I do many "post runs" to see if i missed anything the first time around.

Also, it's great to hear that you've enjoyed reading the review. I'll do my best to keep reviewing FM's regularly and I plan on posting the Thief game review up soon too. If you have any further suggestions, perhaps on how I can spread the word of my reviews throughout the taffer community, I'd really appreciate it.

I agree, the layout, design and colour scheme is very well done, as is the review itself. I look forward to reading future reviews.

If you are ghosting following the official rules, please consider reporting your stats to the FMs Ghost Reports page. Since that is the "official" thread, it's nice to have them all in one place. If you do, it would be nice if you could outline the ghost busts, but you wouldn't have to include your entire review. Of course, the ultimate difficulty makes it a bit difficult to compare.

Nice review by the way!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    If you are ghosting following the official rules, please consider reporting your stats to the FMs Ghost Reports page. Since that is the "official" thread, it's nice to have them all in one place. If you do, it would be nice if you could outline the ghost busts, but you wouldn't have to include your entire review. Of course, the ultimate difficulty makes it a bit difficult to compare.

Nice review by the way!
    If the fact that I play with the ultimate difficulty mod enabled doesn't bother anyone, I'll gladly post my results there. In my reviews I already mention what the busts for ghosting are so I'll just copy that section of it. Also, thank you for reading and i'm very happy that you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I agree, the layout, design and colour scheme is very well done, as is the review itself. I look forward to reading future reviews.
    Thank you very much Yandros! That means a lot! I look forward to writing them

This all is such great news!

... I love the remark: sweet baby Garrett

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    This all is such great news!

... I love the remark: sweet baby Garrett

Hahaha, thank you Gloria

Also, I've uploaded my ghost run results for the first FM to the eidos forum here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...85#post1793285

I hope I've provided enough information.