TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FM: Have a nice Holiday!

New FM: Have a nice Holiday!

My new campaign for SS2 is done, it contains 3 Levels. Thanks to everyone who helped me, especially Greenhorn and Ar-Zimrathon.

This is not a typical SS2 campaign, rather it is a "Funmission", so don't take it too seriously. You are on vacation. There are no keycards, codes, security cams or respawns, and sometimes sneaking may be better than fighting ...

Please note: this campaign uses custom scripts by Nameless Voice, make sure that the file NVScript.osm is in your SShock2 directory!!!

Screenshots are on my homepage: www.zinkchristine.de/urlaub.html . You can download the FM from the link below (ca. 135 MB):

http://www.studio311.de/shock/Urlaub.zip

I hope you like it. Have fun!

I thought the news of the release was an April Fools joke!

OMG.

It's lighthearted, though, in the spirit of the season, etc.

Thank you so much.

--
    Larris

I love this FM, it is a great continuation of Polaris and I am amazed at how far this engine can be pushed.

Unfortunately my game started slowing down where the hudden water tunnels reconnect to the main path of the Triop map and my PC freezes whenever I try to reload. My last save is in the Visitor's Center, so I may replay later. Not sure if this is a bug with the map or with my setup. I am using SS2MM and no other mods, but degrade rate 0 and nospawn are on.

Downloading as I type this.

I have to admit you chose a great day to release the new FM.
    Last edited by Bjossi; 1st Apr 2008 at 14:59.

@ AxTng1 - this is in the second level? Have you tried to load your autosave?I'm sorry, I never had problems with freezes.

@ Bjossi - this is the perfect day for this fanmission

Good one, too bad there was no key hunting.

This is pretty cool. Here are some things you are really good at:

Level design

Decorating

Ingenuity

Making it fun

Here are some things you are not so good at:

Level layout. Most of your levels play like fractals: Here's a nondescript hallway, out of which two other nondescript hallways branch, then two from each of those, and so on. It's easy to get lost.

I loved the uzi, that was really cool. How you managed to get so good with DromEd, of all things, is beyond me. If you applied that towards cold fusion or something, we'd be sitting pretty

PS what are the spoons for
    Last edited by AR Master; 5th Apr 2008 at 08:52.

Coolness! Will be downloading and running ASAP - I've played your trilogy and all three missions were masterpieces. Minus the voice acting in the first two (which I can't blame on you, really) I could have sworn they were factory-made missions.

I like the idea of a 'funmission'. No key-hunting? Ahhh...nice change of pace.

Perhaps someone could take the concept a step further and make a FM that didn't use your cyber-rig at all?

As we all know,* item pickup works with no HUD but does weapon use? Keypads would make no sense, nor would logs. It would take a lot of the SS2 feel away, but I guess that's the point. Didn't someone do a pure survival horror level with no weapons?

basketball

Playing right away!!!! WOOHOO! THX for the release

you are a ss2

Quote Originally Posted by AR Master View Post
    PS what are the spoons for
    I recycled them for nanites. Dunno why though, there isn't much to buy throughout the mission.

yes you can recycle them but they have a count on their inventory icon like they're ammunition or a device or something

Maybe Goggles can stick the spoons in his ears to use as implants.

I just noticed a whole other part of the map that I missed the first time, the visitor's center. Neat. There's a naked broad in the shower. Cool

Thanks for a wonderful end to a wonderful campaign Christine!

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by AR Master View Post
    yes you can recycle them but they have a count on their inventory icon like they're ammunition or a device or something
    Or like they were set as stackable in the gamesys.

I have no idea why, but I lost my save file to the game after I completed the laptop finding mission.

Well my saved game reverted to one from an hour or so earlier. Dunno if thats related to the FM or my ss2. Hmmm.

An hour of my life wasted. Yay.
    Last edited by icemann; 16th Apr 2008 at 06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    An hour of my life wasted. Yay.
    Thanks for informing us.

No worries

Hurrah, it's been released! Downloading as I type this.

Now to see if I can get SS2 working nicely in Vista on my 3870. Countless patches and fixes, ahoy!

EDIT: While Vista has been a bit cranky while running SS2, I did get it working and finished this latest FM. And thanks to updates like SHTUP and DDFix, I'd have to say that SS2 looks better than ever.

What a wonderful way to end your SS2 campaigns, Christine! The whole mission is quite tongue-in-cheek, and I enjoyed the different mood that it brought to playing this. The outdoor areas are truly breathtaking. It's incredible how far the SS2 community has managed to push the Dark Engine.

I found this FM to be quite hard, once it got going. Probably the hardest of all your FMs. I was always stuggling to keep up my health and enough ammo to stay alive. And I was always wishing I had a wrench handy, but I take it that it was left out purposely to make the mission harder. Unless I missed it?

I found a couple of minor mistakes in the maps, but nothing to really worry about. (I can post screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about.) I also found the distress call in the opening cutscene a bit hard to understand, along with the speech you hear when you activate the computer by the elevator that leads to the Secret Lab. At first I thought I was going to miss the speech when I read the logs, but since there weren't that many to begin with I was surprised to find it didn't bother me that much.

And the end of the final cutscene was very funny.
    Last edited by redrain85; 22nd Apr 2008 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by redrain85 View Post
    I found this FM to be quite hard, once it got going. Probably the hardest of all your FMs. I was always stuggling to keep up my health and enough ammo to stay alive. And I was always wishing I had a wrench handy, but I take it that it was left out purposely to make the mission harder. Unless I missed it?
    There is a replacement for the wrench try the stiff brush in the house near the start in the first level

Theres many of those throughout the FM also

redrain85 wrote:
    I also found the distress call in the opening cutscene a bit hard to understand, along with the speech you hear when you activate the computer by the elevator that leads to the Secret Lab.

I think i must probably apologise for this. Dinksmallwood is more professional with soundmixes. Besides, the voiceactor is not a professional and his mother tongue is not english. I hope it is not so bad...

And the end of the final cutscene was very funny.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    There is a replacement for the wrench try the stiff brush in the house near the start in the first level
    Ah! See, I thought that was a joke and that you would find the wrench later. I didn't realize you were expected to use that as a weapon.

Greenhorn, no worries. I may not have understood exactly what was being said, but I understood enough to be able to carry on with the game. Again, excellent work on the cutscenes.

Another excellent fan mission.Thank you
    Please make more.