TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: "We miss you, Bob!" Apr/08

T2 FM: "We miss you, Bob!" Apr/08

Hi!
    My first mission We miss you, Bob! is now available for download HERE!

(And here and here too.)

In "We miss you, Bob!" Garrett's old friend Lady Agutt needs help at saving her kidnapped baby boy, Bob, from EVIL guy Lord Marboby, who lives in his manor. It is a little mission and quickly played. Happy thiefing!

And I'd greatly appreciate your comments on the mission.
    Last edited by Monastiri; 2nd Apr 2008 at 13:06.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Congrats on the release...southquarter mirror...

http://www.southquarter.com/fms/data/Marboby.zip

(Hoping this isn't an April Fools thing... )

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Congrats on the release...southquarter mirror...

http://www.southquarter.com/fms/data/Marboby.zip

(Hoping this isn't an April Fools thing... )
    No, this is no April Fool's trick.

Nice. I thought of april fool things too

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yeah, I'm sure Sluggs has something in store for us...

That was quick. Congratulations, and downloading now.

Applause for your first mission! Hope to see more of your work.
    Nice, small layout. Nicely done.

Thank you!

Nice little mission to play while I eat my lunch. Good layout, guards could be a bit tricky if you are not careful. Good key placement, not so retarded to find, I like that. I had to laugh when I picked up Bob, and the Ahhh Haaaa, he made. He was happy to see me. You could make it an optional objective, to sooth Bob, bring him the baby bottle.

Thanks for this, I hope you continue with Dromed! Nice first try.

*downloading*

I'm actually surprise that no one did an April Fool's joke (I thought about a Thief 4 rumor, but figured it best not to as I'd probably be driven out of the community by people with torches and pitchforks).

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I had to laugh when I picked up Bob, and the Ahhh Haaaa, he made. He was happy to see me. You could make it an optional objective, to sooth Bob, bring him the baby bottle.
    Haha. Well, what kind of baby wouldn't be happy to see a hooded dark-dressed man with a blackjack and a sword?

Keeper of FMs

Links for The Circle, Darklurker.com & Southquarter here:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1296

awwww oosacutseywootsyden .....erm sorry I get all soppy round babies

took around half an hour on "OMG Pro" didn't quite get all the loot so I'll have another look later

nice little mission, I guess the cleaning lady got a bit too curious, found her before I read her notes

nice detail having gardens outside the windows even if they couldn't be accessed - now watch someone prove me wrong and post screenshots

decoration was ok, guard placement and patrolling was hard but not impossible to deal with this guy likes his guards doesn't he

the patroling female guard got stuck walking into the wall in the garden, I let her spot me, ran away and hid and after she finished the search she resumed a normal patrol .. until she met Mr BJ

one suggestion - you could have had bob making lots of noise even when picked up unless you gave him his bottle or perhaps a dewdrop dolly first so if you don't pacify the child you end up trying to be stealthy while carrying a screaming infant NB BJing infants is a nono no matter how noisy they are and no I did not try this and I don't want to see it in an FM

and a thought - should bob really go in your inventory rather than be a carried item ? I kind of picture a large bag for garrets inventory and I can't imagine putting a living thing in there if you are carrying a small child you definitely don't have your hands free but I suppose Garrett could have brought a papoose or something ... minor detail anyway

good one, more please

Nice little mission. 6.5min on Expert with all the loot. I suppose it could've been more difficult, but it's still a nice little diversion. Keep up the good work!

Just finished your mission. Very nice.

One suggestion: Kippy the gardener's love notes for Dotty strongly suggested placing them in Dotty's room somewhere and have a hidden objective go off. But I tried dropping both notes in various parts of Dotty's room - no hidden objective.

Again, nice mission. I liked adding guards when certain things happened - it keeps you on your toes. Finally, the obvious good thing about your mission - at least your mission wasn't an April Fool's joke!

- prjames

This is a nice little mission, an excellent job for a first time!

I finished on OMG Pro 50 loot short. Any ideas what I may have missed?
    I hope it's not in the dungeon because I have several guards locked in there...

Thank you Monastiri! I very much liked this little mission. Congrats on such a good first attempt! Finished it in 25 min with full loot.

A couple of things:
    3 broadheads were floating in mid-air by the entry door in the starting yard. I assume they're not supposed to be there.
    A golden plate worth 50 was embedded in the living room table and thus invisible. I took it by sheer coincidence. The latter is probably the loot you are missing Drunken Cricket. If not, consult my loot list here.
    A couple of different items were half-embedded in tables floors; at least a cheese on a shelf, a couple of normal plates, and the shovel in the closet penetrating the bucket.

Please don't take this as criticism; just thought I would help in case you were releasing a revised update later on.

I very much liked:
    - The clues left around for the use of keys and levers. Signs of a talented author right there!
    - The ransom bag in the office safe. Don't know why I thought that was funny but I laughed wholeheartedly!
    - Level of detail overall. It proves again how size doesn't make a mission, the quality of what's there does.

Thanks again!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post

nice detail having gardens outside the windows even if they couldn't be accessed - now watch someone prove me wrong and post screenshots
    Yes the garden can be accessed by breaking the windows but there's nothing special in there there.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post

one suggestion - you could have had bob making lots of noise even when picked up unless you gave him his bottle or perhaps a dewdrop dolly first so if you don't pacify the child you end up trying to be stealthy while carrying a screaming infant NB BJing infants is a nono no matter how noisy they are and no I did not try this and I don't want to see it in an FM

and a thought - should bob really go in your inventory rather than be a carried item ? I kind of picture a large bag for garrets inventory and I can't imagine putting a living thing in there if you are carrying a small child you definitely don't have your hands free but I suppose Garrett could have brought a papoose or something ... minor detail anyway
    Thank you for your comments Esme. Actually, at first there really was a dewdrop for Bob. But then I thought it was a silly idea. Yeah... and that carried item thing would have been a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Just finished your mission. Very nice.

One suggestion: Kippy the gardener's love notes for Dotty strongly suggested placing them in Dotty's room somewhere and have a hidden objective go off. But I tried dropping both notes in various parts of Dotty's room - no hidden objective.
    Oh. That would have been a great idea. But that was no hidden objective. The letters were just for fun. Maybe I like readables too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
    This is a nice little mission, an excellent job for a first time!

I finished on OMG Pro 50 loot short. Any ideas what I may have missed?
    I hope it's not in the dungeon because I have several guards locked in there...
    No... it's not in the dungeon or in the garden. 50 short... I really don't remember where could that item/items be. Hm, maybe the glasses in the cleaning closet?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love reading them. And I have to confess one thing... This mission is the first Thief mission I've EVER completed. I nearly panic when I play any exciting games.

The banned user, not the game
    i just got one thing to comment on i just love that massive loot bag behind banner in room where baby is
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Thank you Monastiri! I very much liked this little mission. Congrats on such a good first attempt! Finished it in 25 min with full loot.

A couple of things:
    3 broadheads were floating in mid-air by the entry door in the starting yard. I assume they're not supposed to be there.
    A golden plate worth 50 was embedded in the living room table and thus invisible. I took it by sheer coincidence. The latter is probably the loot you are missing Drunken Cricket. If not, consult my loot list here.
    A couple of different items were half-embedded in tables floors; at least a cheese on a shelf, a couple of normal plates, and the shovel in the closet penetrating the bucket.

Please don't take this as criticism; just thought I would help in case you were releasing a revised update later on.
    Glad you like the mission! Hm... no I don't take that as a criticism, thank you for telling me this... I really didn't notice things like that.

Good, solid mission - really enjoyed it! Challenging guards, sensibly-placed objects (except where buried!) & alternative entry / exit.

Personally, I recommend not including a "thank-you-for-playing" readable - punches a hole in the immersion.

Thanx for the info, klatremus, was also missing 50 on OMG Pro.

You're obviously up & running with Dromed: so how's the 2nd mission coming?
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 2nd Apr 2008 at 00:32.

"For the Love of the Game"

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Monastiri Downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadak View Post
    woops, missed this one...
    btw: think you missed Flying Age 1.18 as well ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    You're obviously up & running with Dromed: so how's the 2nd mission coming?
    Well... I've been thinking about it. But I haven't even started it yet, I don't have DromEd on my computer and the mission will be bigger than this, so I think you have to wait for a while.
    But I'll let you know on the forum when my 2nd mission is nearly finished.
    I guess I'd be dromediting right now if I had a chance...

Cool little mission!