TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Great Bargain Deals Discussion thread.

is Best Pony

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladron De La Noche View Post
    The deal has been sweetened. Pay more than $4.95 and the Humbe Indie Bundle #2 is included. Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans, Steel Storm.
    It's now up to a $4.98 threshold which would indicate that they're updating it constantly to follow the current average. Given that people will probably go for a little more than the price shown on average it'll probably keep creeping up so going for this deal earlier rather than later is advised if you want the extra games.

$4.99 now, it's going up!!!

Those crafty bastards.

Oh, incidentally, if you bought the bundle before this promotion, you get the Bundle 2 games automagically.

is Best Pony
    I bought Heroes of Might and Magic V and enjoyed it, but got hit with a game-breaking bug that no-one else seems to have encountered so I disposed of it. Now that the HOMM series is on offer at GOG, can anyone recommend one of the previous games?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I bought Heroes of Might and Magic V and enjoyed it, but got hit with a game-breaking bug that no-one else seems to have encountered so I disposed of it. Now that the HOMM series is on offer at GOG, can anyone recommend one of the previous games?
    Well, Heroes 3 is considered the best in the series, hands down. There are some pretty spectacular mods for it as well.

It's been a while since I played HOMM, but I personally liked 2 more than 3, I can't remember why though.

The impression I got a while back was:

HOMM1: A great game at the time, but I don't think anyone thinks it's better than all the others.
    HOMM2: Improved on HOMM1 in almost every way. Some people's favourite.
    HOMM3: Considered the best by more people than the others?
    HOMM4: Considered the best by lots of folks (but not as many as #3).
    Heroes Chronicles: Story-driven single-player campaign gameplay only (but with a heap of campaigns), and has a gentler learning curve than the other games. Possibly the best option if that is what you are interested in. The story bridges HOMM3 and 4, which may be a factor if you are intending to play either of those.

I picked up HOMM3 as a result (although Chronicles hadn't been released on GOG at that point in time), but it's sitting in the backlog (and I've not played any of the others in any case, so wouldn't be able to compare them).

is Best Pony
    Thank you kindly, Pemptus and Shadowcat. I think I'll pick up 3 and 4 in that case.

Just remember that 4 is fundamentally different from the others. Some liked the new direction, many didn't.

is Best Pony
    Cheers; will stick to 3 for now in that case.

I was looking at the ID pack now and due to quakecon every item is discounted 25%. But on its own, frikking Wolfenstein is like 4.50 quid? seriously? I know its similar price as GoG but come on, its like 50 years old and looks like an elephant painting. Come on now...

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

They've finally added Quake 4 to the Steam store, unfortunately it's priced at $20 USD. For $10 USD max I may've doubledipped for the convenience of having a digital version. For anything above that? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    Anyway, the Humble Indie Bundle had been updated with Frozen Synapse, so head ye over to www.humblebundle.com if you don't already have it. It also includes the lovely soundtrack.
    I thoroughly recommend this; and if you didn't previously pick up the FrozenByte bundle it should be a no-brainer to pay above the average to get that as well (Trine and the Shadowgrounds games are all well worth playing).

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Good Old Games: Atari Collection 50% off this weekend only
    http://www.gog.com/en/promo/atari_collection
    Very nice. Some fantastic games in that list!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I believe that I already own all of the Atari catalogue games which I want off of GOG. Although I might get I-War 1 & 2 at a later date if I go on a space flight sim binge one of these day.

Indie Royale Bundle - Geminii Rue, Sanctum, Nimbus, ARES Extinction Agenda. Windows, Steam, Desura.
    One warning: Despite what they tell you in the "DRM" Q&A in their FAQ, "Sanctum" appears to be a Steam-only game. No download is provided, at any rate.

While I had already more or less decided not to buy the launch bundle, the fact that they changed the deal* after less than a day cemented my decision and I'll think twice before buying any of the later bundles (if they interest me at all in the first place).

* - How they changed the deal? At first it said "For every 10.000 bundles sold, you'll get 1 Sanctum DLC for free". Now that they already got more than 20.000, they changed it to "BONUS DLC OFFER: 20,000 sales! To say thanks, two DLC packs for Sanctum are due to appear on your key page in 24hours. When 70,000 bundles in total have been sold, a third DLC for Sanctum will be released!" So now instead of getting all 5 DLCs at 50k bundles, you'd get 3 of them at 70k and who knows how many more for the 4th and 5th.

Not cool...

is Best Pony
    That was because they made a mistake the first time around.

Of course they did.

is Best Pony
    You're right, it's all a conspiracy. You don't want to know how deep this all goes.

Well, assuming they really meant to add a DLC at 10k, 20k and then 70k bundles (dunno where the logic in that is but OK), why not just say "At 10k bundles, you get a free DLC", then AFTER that goal was reached, say "at 20k bundles, you get another free DLC" and so on? Maybe the guy who wrote the announcement really misunderstood? Considering it's their first bundle and they really want to make a good impression in order to be and stay successful, they should have just stuck to the original announcement and added the next DLC at 30k. They'll most probably reach 70k anyway and there are only 2 more DLCs left.

I do in fact think it really was a simple misunderstanding on someone's part but their handling of it wasn't the best, which is what at least some potential customers will probably think too.

Anyone try these games? The games look fairly appealing (except Sanctum), but it's hard to tell from trailers sometimes. Obviously the price is quite low, so I'll probably grab them anyways, but feedback never hurts.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Cryptic Comet's games are 50% for the next fortnight:

* Armageddon Empires – 10.03/€9.51/$12.47
    * Solium Infernum – 10.06/€9.53/$12.49
    * Six Gun Saga – 6.02/€5.71/$7.49

Apply coupon NEVERONSTEAM.
    As anyone played any of these games? The RPS diaries on them are amusing reads. Looking at the games themselves give me the impressions that they maybe be like Eve Online though - more fun to read about than to actually play.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Indie Royale have unlocked a 3rd DLC for Sanctum as an apology.

Specifically, we've made the Violator and Killing Floor packs available since we reached sales milestones, plus a bonus Penetrator DLC to say thanks for bearing with us.

Amazon

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record PC/DVD $19.99, 50% off - Deal of the Day click
    Does anyone know if this is region locked? Can I install and play this in Europe?
    I've only found an article saying Bioshock 2 is region locked, but I don't know if it's specific to that game.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast