TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 67 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17222732374247525762636465666768697071727782879297 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2448

Thread: No, not another "will there be thief4" thread, but...

Not even a name change can stop the tide I fear.

Let's brace ourselves until next Monday when (as Digital Nightfall hinted) there may be a spangley new Thief IV sub-forum to go wild in.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how many different ways "Thief 4 Has Been Announced!" can be worded in subject titles over the course of a few days time

The Architect
    Oh, yes, if T4 is announced then we'll definitely be opening up a new forum so the crazy-go-nuts has a place to crazy-go-nuts.

And then much complaining will follow...

Everyone complaining about T4 is of course not nuts but a true ttlg member.

Forum debates about games early in their development are always amusing. Ignorance and speculation teams with know-it-all stubbornness.

Plus I'm sure we'll dig up all the old dead horses and flog them thoroughly once again.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Since T4 is a foregone conclusion, why not just start the new forum up ASAP? Even though it's not official, all the talk is still "Thief 4 Anticipation." If by some weird chance they instead announce Tetris 4, you can just close it down.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    I notice this popping up in fan missions from time to time but never saw it mentioned how it came to be - what is the story behind this?

The Architect
    The candy-bar with a face is what Garrett actually looks like in Thief 1. That's the player model. That picture was made as a joke highlighting this little known fact. Not sure who did it... someone on the dev team.

OH I SEE...it's got a sword there. I thought it was holding a giant red lollipop.

So after 11th may, when is the best time to start asking the devs for making a SDK for the fanmission loving comunity? This is something they should concider doing after all. As tools for making fanmissions were made public for the previous installments of the series and helped keeping the interest in the series alive through all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    The candy-bar with a face is what Garrett actually looks like in Thief 1. That's the player model. That picture was made as a joke highlighting this little known fact. Not sure who did it... someone on the dev team.
    Makes sense now

Thanks!

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/r...ws-may-11.html

Nothing new, but I applaud this particular writer for not saying it was a font from thief 1 and 2, instead opting for a more vague statement: "Then last month, a franchise fan noticed that the typeface in a teaser banner was nearly identical to that used in previous installments in the Looking Glass Studios franchise."
    Hey! A journalist finally writes the truth!

Thanks for getting it right, TomM_GScom!

Obligatory credit: Kin did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
    first Thief IV concept art here!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    Careful Dom, with the way things are going in this crazy internet, that image is likely to wind up in every Thief 4 concept art gallery on every site that doesn't actually research what they're posting.

(Since it's probably better than what we're actually going to see as Thief 4 concept art!)
    He already has one that's in the concept art galleries, including at The Circle!
    Last edited by jtr7; 5th May 2009 at 19:35.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
    OH I SEE...it's got a sword there. I thought it was holding a giant red lollipop.
    LOL

BANNED

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by Myagi View Post
    I can't beleive there are still people who doubt they are making T4. The whole "T"-from-the-thief-logo incident made that clear without any doubt whatsoever.
    This is for you:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...92#post1848992

Enjoy!

"'Be Prepared', the scout motto impressed upon young minds in preparation for their lives as wise adults. Erring on the side of caution is not pessimism...but the learned lesson of experience. We let the reckless and the fearless demonstrate our point for us." ~Will Seebouthat

Enjoy!
    Every time I see that emote I quickly presume that the poster is Gloria Creep.

Oh, wishlist apart from the game:

- Thief 4 merchandise
    - Thief mobile game
    - New Thief soundtrack
    - Thief poster

jtr7
    Behind-the-scenes footage shipped with the game including an interview with Stephen Russell (he's appearing in feature films now!)--or a photo of him in the voice-booth. Heck, hire his son Peter to do voices, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Every time I see that emote I quickly presume that the poster is Gloria Creep.
    Me too!

I feel kinda silly, but I love the anticipation of a new Thief game, despite my fears that it will absolutely suck (and they never really have...). Feels like old times.

I have to agree with some of the others here about TDS - the glorious parts more than make up for the missteps and bad decisions. The Cradle and Museum alone are worth the price of admission, and far better than the majority of the T2 missions.

jtr7
    If only it didn't look like TDS, but I can respect that opinion.

*Logs in monday, 11-5-2009, notices current active viewers, over 1000, suddenly TTLG crashes*.......oh god, what have I done.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 5th May 2009 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Oh, wishlist apart from the game:

- Thief 4 merchandise
    - Thief mobile game
    - New Thief soundtrack
    - Thief poster
    Gecko could make that poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    - Thief mobile game
    No. Then the PC would have load zones.

hehe, I saw that earlier. I didn't feel the need for a "told you so", but with that article especially dragging out tomb raider as the only alternative I couln't hold back

Page 67 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17222732374247525762636465666768697071727782879297 ... LastLast