TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror (April 24, 2008)

no problem !
    i am the passion, i am the warfare
    i will never stop always constant, accurate, intense.

sexypat: take a swim.

i found the way
    Last edited by sexypat; 24th Apr 2008 at 21:15.

Ok I've seen the purple clothed dude run past me a couple of times:
    -Out of the first mansion when I went into the greenhouse garden
    -Past by a guard who gave chase but gives up 1 sec later ( If you follow him into the building he shoots 2 fire arrows at you)
    -The "secret" attic accessed through the un-BJ-able guards ( the door just suddenly swings open...whats happening?)

So...I'm stuck in the attic, is there anything useful up there? I saw a mark on the wall..but nothing special...

Installed Mpeg 4 codec and it still crashes...lots of confusing options. Any suggestions...could someone post a link to the codec they used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Installed Mpeg 4 codec and it still crashes...lots of confusing options. Any suggestions...could someone post a link to the codec they used.
    As a workaround, you could go into your $THIEF2\Movies directory and move the files "B22.avi" and "success.avi" out to another temporary directory. You won't see the briefing ingame (or the outro), but you can open the files separately in your movie player and see if that works. With those files gone, the game will just skip trying to play the movies (which is what causes the crashes) and you'll jump right to the action.

Personally, this is what I did because I didn't want to install another codec ATM. (they played without having to use the installer provided so I must have had the right codecs, they just didn't work right with how the thief2 engine wanted to call them).

Clearinghouse
    Lightningline, read TheMirror.rtf.
    CoolCodec.zip includes in Mirror.zip

OK...thanks...I looked and it is right in the zip file...I just extracted and whalla...its working.

Now I'm stuck.

spoiler:
    I've been all through the other guys Mansion (accessed through the balcony via the ledges) and gotten his red key, but can't find out how to get into Clegg's Place

spoiler:
    Also can't figure out how to get into the City Watch station. I read the note and figured maybe the key was laying around the pub somewhere, but I searched high and low and didn't find it

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    spoiler:
    but can't find out how to get into Clegg's Place
    elkston, you have read the note near the main door of Clegg's Place?
    spoiler:
    search in the pub

SethAC:
    Search Frob's study (cabinet)
    Spyrano:
    Samuel: at least two ways in, both are 'special';
    Glaziers: search in north-west corner of the map.

WildWilbur:
    'One' = 1; 'of nine' = 9... etc.
    Elkston:
    Drink some absinth
    Lawviz, WildWilbur:
    Attic may be the dead end, and may be not. If you search it and found nothing, just go away. Cross marks the wall to 'hold' while moving.
    Lawviz:
    These guys are searching the same thing. Like you and me, they don't know exactly where is it.

Ok, can't find the Green Key in Samuel's House, also can't get into the armory, or the southwest room on the 2nd floor. Found the Glaziers hideout, and the letter on the ceiling rafters of Frob's study, and his Glaziers suit in his closet, but I'm assuming I need the Green key or something to proceed with the mission.

Hehe, I am now officially stuck -.-

I am playing on expert and I have both red and green keys, so I'm missing the blue key.

For the fun of it, I killed everyone in the police station via perfect timed fire arrows. I also took time to find out a portrait can be "knocked out" lol

Blackjacked a purple dude

I also noticed several un-bjable guards have superhuman sight and hearing..and have eyes behind their head XD

And finally I still don't know what the cross does...it marks the wall to...hold?

Btws, I loved the Ratatouille music, its awesome XD

Spyrano
    Check the fireplace
    Lawviz
    1) If I call 'blue' key 'purple' - will it help?
    2) Where was BJ'ed 'purple' guy running to? (I presume it was the street one.)
    3) (another question) You have to go along the marked wall to get to the center of maze. But it is possible that you will find nothing.

BTW: Ratatouille is awesome itself!

Alright, so Green key found and used, thank you. Now about that Code word to get into the Glaziers? I've already found the letter in Frob's study rafters, and his Glaziers uniform in his closet (unfrobbable). Any hints would be appreciated, but at this stage, the more explicit the better.

Zontik you are a huge help

And if you meant the center of the maze is an empty table then....yeah theres nothing there lol

...what about the Armory then? Can a key be found or is there another way in?

Spyrano:
    There is another letter to Frob, not too far from the letter you've already found. Maybe 3 or 4 feets. Can you jump? (Expert only.)
    elkston:
    Another way.
    Read the scroll on the left from the window (room with turning guard; window looks to the main entrance). That's clue.

Zontik,

Thanks ... figured it out. Pretty exciting actually --

spoiler:

When I set off the mine, I shot the guard that came in (with the key) with the single gas arrow I had. Then I quickly grabbed his key and locked myself in the armory until the other guards gave up the chase. Then I loaded up on everything and left.

I can't believe how often I get stuck in this mission. I'm in the Glaziers compound, and I can't get into the Sanctuary. The notes seem to indicate that the 'super rat' took off with the key. I assume that's the rat in the dining room that was sitting on that ring. I had to shoot him with a Fire Arrow to get him off that, and then he ran into his hole.

Code Word?

I cant find another letter in the study(cabinet). I found the letter in the rafters. i assume the other letter is the one i need to get the code word. can someone help me please.

Tharakath: That one was tricky, there is another letter in the rafters. See the spoiler if you want the exact location.

In a niche on top of the rafter closest to the balcony door

Thanks

Got it. thanks Spyrano

Thank you so much, will play this later tonight.

Sanctuary key

Spyrano if you still need help with the sanctuary key. spoiler: walk through one of the glasses and pick up a multimold it will be in your inventory. put it in the notch on the moten metal machine and push the button. it will make another key.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast