TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror (April 24, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Thanks for the tips on the fountain, folks. I'm enjoying this but finding it VERY confusing. I never would have gotten far without this thread. Let's see how much farther I can go before I get stuck again!
    You also can walk to the left side of the mansion and use some rope arrows. That`s what I`ve done.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    Oh, rats!!! Now, where did I read about that!!!!!!
    next room to the right, and it can't be killed.

Ok. got the ring. It was in fact a corpse. First I tried moving it away from the ring by shooting with broadbands. Then it became frobbable. But when frobbed it became a corpse.So I shot it with a fire arrow and got the ring. Strange story.

Still missing 320 and 2 secrets.

OK. Finished after a marathon, woefully short on loot and secrets. Loved the black humour in this mission and the Magic Harp just about broke me up.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    OK. Finished after a marathon, woefully short on loot and secrets. Loved the black humour in this mission and the Magic Harp just about broke me up.
    Also there are some eastereggs

Quote Originally Posted by blow View Post
    i grabbed the absinthe and got taken on a ride following the drunken guard, i ended up hovering above the gate near a lamp but i cant move now!
    So there is no solution to this? Any other way to get to tha Cleggs building?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Timhotep View Post
    Any other way to get to tha Cleggs building?
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...25#post1727225

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    It should be the intelligent rat and is waiting for an intelligent action, which may also be the answer to my missing 420 loot.
    Well shooting broadheads don't work, as it just pushes it away but you still can't frob the ring, but making it explode by shooting a fire arrow made the ring frobbable..

First of all I have to apologize. SinisterShadow, Imark9 - I didn'n know about that song (W3.WAV). It was taken from Wolfenstein 3D game because Clegg's 'castle' is kind of a parody on Castle Wolfenstein (90 degree corners, new order, willing of captain to make servants to wear uniform and others), so I found that music properly. I associated it with funny game, not with real events in human's history.
    Is there any way to count it like just a music, not song? Wagner's 'Walkyries' has a sad history too, but the music is not guilty itself, right? W3.WAV contains no words, may it exuse me a bit?
    I thought Wolf 3D was not Nazi propaganda game (maybe I was wrong), and I hope you will not suppose my FM is. By the way, Clegg as a person is not too positive.

pavlovcat:
    No sequel, no prequel, no campaign. The story is finished. That's my opinion at a moment.

malau:
    Win 98 troubles depends on custom scripts used in game. While testing I realized that game works perfect, scripts work, you can save game but can't reload.
    But I managed to load saved game even under Window 98. You have to quit the game and start it again, then load. Too annoying, but it worked in my case.

Many, many apologize to victims of that damn camvator. The bug was known in alphatest step, it was fixed and appeared again during betatest. It was fixed again (possible reason was removed completely with some problem AI). I hoped it was gone forever. Everything was done right (in final version), checked up a lot of times. But now I see the reason is some deeper, and I can't imagine not HOW to fix, but even WHAT to fix. DromEd is beast.
    If only I could see what all you have exactly done before (and maybe long before) camvator start...

And some spoilers about Rat&Ring:
    This rat was set up as weapon-resistant (as a result of Mirror affect), I disappointed why some of you managed to kill it. But there IS a proper way to get a ring. If you cannot scare the rat, you can make it go away shooting THE CHEESE by broadhead. No cheese - no reason to stay here, isn't it logical?
    But the fire arrow shooting is a good solution too.

In Germany the melody of the "Horst Wessel Lied" is just vorbidden.
    It would be better, you just put a substitution for "SND\SFX\W3.WAV" into the zip. I would appreciate that.

just vorbidden
    Didn't know about that. I'll try to find substitution.

Thanks

That is about Frobīs building? Iīve been there and in Glaziers, too, but I canīt get to the police station or open the big gate

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Timhotep View Post
    That is about Frobīs building
    No. Balcony, which opposite to North Power Company, near a water wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    xaussienanny, there is balcony near North Power Company.
    Thanks for the hint Clearing, have found it.

A suggestion

Zontik

If you are considering doing an update to remove the Nazi song, could I also request that you look at the camvator problem several of us have had, where the gate opens but Garrett gets stuck above it so the player has to reload? Maybe you could allow the player to use some other way to get the gate between Clegg's and Frob's open, perhaps just allow the player to frob the handle above the gate? I found it quite irritating having to go up the tower and round the ledge every time I needed to access the Clegg area.

BTW, is there any way to open Clegg's front door?

I'm not sure... but it worths to try.
    An answer for yout BTW is NO.

I have tried all levels of difficulty, but the most progress I have made was in Normal.

I have been everywhere and done everything except finding the green key. I must have spoiled some script by killing someone! What's the deal with the green key?

I have a sample of music to replace. Bot NOW I want somebody from Germany listen for it before. Maybe it's some kind of forbidden song too, who knows?
    I can't upload it, so I'll wait for email addresses of volunteeres.
    10Brooklyn01, search Clegg's kitchen.

Ghost

Gaaaaah, this is frustrating!

(Playing on expert)

I can't find the secret switch in the generator room. For that matter, I don't even know which generator room we're talking about... the one in Frob's place or the one in the Glaziers' hideout.

There is a locked door in the Glazier's hideout that I cannot open. Probably leads to the same sanctuary I can't get to from the generator room (whichever one that is).

With a lot of effort, I jumped to the balcony opposite the power company. Nothing in there. I mantled onto the slippery roof, and found the back end of the emergency escape from Clegg's. (Is that Corporal Clegg from the Pink Floyd song?) I'd already been in the room that must be Alberto L.'s; is there anything else in there?

I still can't find the Blue key. Supposedly it's somewhere in the Glaziers' -- but where?

Every direction leads to a brick wall. What have I missed?

Thanks,

Dafydd

@Zontik: PM is on the way

Dafydd Frob the light fixture in the generator room in the Glazier's hideout. I didn't actually see a switch but I heard it move. I tried it out of desperation because I couldn't find a switch either. You'll find the blue key after you get into the Sanctuary.

Clearinghouse
    Dafydd, switch here.

Zontik: you asked about what one did prior to having the CamVator problem. The only thing I can think of that I did was spend time on the ledges on both sides of the passthrough between the two houses and the area along the side of the passthrough. I was trying to zap that archer there and see if I could get over onto the other side that way. Since that passthrough is where the CamVator stopped that might be a reason.
    And, yes, your explanation of the "intelligent action" is certainly wise and funny. Thanks for this fm. It shows a lot of planning, thought, wit, talent. Hope you give us another soon.

about rat & ring, cheese is not frobable

A very small bug.
    I entered Clegg's building via the window by the front door by stacking 5 crates. Only when I got to the brigde/passage I was warned not to use the blackjack there.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast