TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 383

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror (April 24, 2008)

  1. #176
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: Big Piney Woods of Texas
    cattamer: small bug: I thought the muttering about not using the blackjack was just telling you it was useless because everyone is a "metal head" in Clegg's and didn't affect the mechanics of the game. Still have $315 to find and 3 secrets and get two doors open in sanctuary.

    Why didn't my spoiler thingy work?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Apr 2008 at 09:55. Reason: you were missing the "/" before the second "spoil"

  2. #177
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Anyone found easter egg?
    Last edited by clearing; 26th Oct 2013 at 08:34.

  3. #178
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: Big Piney Woods of Texas
    On the ledge on NW side of Frog's looking up at roof area of the cable company, there is what looks like a frobbable door. Is this a feasible destination?

  4. #179
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    joanieS, see PM.

  5. #180
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    cattamer: small bug: I thought the muttering about not using the blackjack was just telling you it was useless because everyone is a "metal head" in Clegg's and didn't affect the mechanics of the game.
    It could have affected if I hadn't saved before entering. No warning

    If you didn't yet found it:
    Go to Frob's balcony and look north thinking of a long jump for a secret. But it won't bring any loot. There must be a secret safe or something like that for the missing amount of loot.

  6. #181
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Finished the mission (on normal), but find myself over 1,000 gold and 4 secrets short, plus a couple of places I never managed to get into.

    Now I know one of the mising secrets (I saw it, but couldn't get it at the time). This is the gem on the beam in the basement/underground river.

    The other three I have must include the leap north off Frob's balcony and the alternative route into the sanctuary. Sadly the third escapes my memory at present, does the loot behind the waterfall count here?

    Two areas I've spotted, but can't figure out how to access are the top floor of the main office at the power station and I've noticed a guard wandering around behind, i.e. to the west of Frob's place. Are either of these two possible?

  7. #182
    Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Russia
    Arondil
    First is possible for everyone, second is easter territory, so you are not allowed to be there (but you can).

  8. #183
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    The switch in the Glaziers' basement isn't there on normal. Is there another way of opening or is that only for other levels.

  9. #184
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Arondil
    First is possible for everyone, second is easter territory, so you are not allowed to be there (but you can).
    crate stacking and roof climbing?

    I do like the Easter egg mentioned earlier when looking into the mirror with the lights on. I've been playing Thief too long

  10. #185
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    The switch in the Glaziers' basement isn't there on normal. Is there another way of opening or is that only for other levels.
    Nickie,
    I played on normal, too. You should be able to make a key. Find the multi-mold in the room across from the vat of liquid metal at the Glaziers' and use it on the platform in front of the vat. That will make a key to Sanctuary.

  11. #186
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Nickie,
    I played on normal, too. You should be able to make a key. Find the multi-mold in the room across from the vat of liquid metal at the Glaziers' and use it on the platform in front of the vat. That will make a key to Sanctuary.
    On normal you can still back it in through that back passage

  12. #187
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Arondil,
    How do you get to the passage? I never did find a way on normal.

  13. #188
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Arondil,
    How do you get to the passage? I never did find a way on normal.
    Look behind the generator on that floor

  14. #189
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    *pav bangs head on generator*
    I can't believe I missed that!!
    Thanks!

  15. #190
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: West Palm Beach, FLORIDA

    Cool Game :)

    Lot's of puzzle's the only thing that annoyed me was the lever between the 2 mansions that wouldn't flip (so I wouldn't have to climb around the ledge every time ), but otherwise it was Great !!
    Now... Fire Arrows? I'm guessing that's only available in hard/expert ? Found a gas arrow (my room with a view) & couldn't get into the armory in Clemm's house. Took 4:20:16 in time so it kept one busy for awhile

  16. #191
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    OK - thanks pavlovscat - I made the key - just wanted to get the switch which I think Arondil's post now clears up. Will have a look.

    @ Arondil - I'm playing on normal. Near the pub you can rope arrow up to a ledge, i'ts near a guard, walk round and into a room that has a fire arrow. Tried very hard to jump to it from my room but just kept getting stuck so had to find a different way.
    Last edited by nickie; 28th Apr 2008 at 16:36.

  17. #192
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    I'll check that one out.

    Another mystery.

    In the safe at Frob's there is an obvious secret door, how to open this? Hitting the red button on the inside of the safe closes the outer door leaving me trappd. And it sounds if something has exploded

    All seven secrets now too

    #1 gem on underground river beam
    #2 fountain
    #3 leap north from Frob's
    #4 Sanctuary secret entrance
    #5 Closet in Frob's master bedroom
    #6 Frob's Attic
    #7 Hidden panel in ceiling of Frob's vault

    The room opposite the pub with gas arrow isn't one though.

    Neither is Easter Street. Is there more to this than the crate/speed potion?
    Last edited by Arondil; 29th Apr 2008 at 02:32.

  18. #193
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: West Palm Beach, FLORIDA

    Umm...

    There's a secret button (& better yet a secret door too?) inside the safe? All I can find in the safe is un-frobbable lock picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arondil View Post
    I'll check that one out.

    Another mystery.

    In the safe at Frob's there is an obvious secret door, how to open this? Hitting the red button on the inside of the safe closes the outer door leaving me trappd. And it sounds if something has exploded

    5 secrets now too

    #1 gem on underground river beam
    #2 fountain
    #3 leap north from Frob's
    #4 Sanctuary secret entrance
    #5 unsure, perhaps even the Alchemists back room

    The room opposite the pub with gas arrow isn't one though.

    Neither is Easter Street. Is there more to this than the crate/speed potion?

  19. #194
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Added a 6th secret above.

    And even though I've blackjacked the Glazier on duty at the entrance, the gate will still open/close for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    There's a secret button (& better yet a secret door too?) inside the safe? All I can find in the safe is un-frobbable lock picks
    It's the large walk in safe in Frob's.
    Last edited by Arondil; 28th Apr 2008 at 17:54.

  20. #195
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    I think I've found the missing secret. Stand on the table in Frob's big vault. There's a ceiling panel you can frob that is hiding a lever. It opens a secret door in the wall.

    Also, your #5 is wrong, I think. You didn't mention the secret in Frobb's closet that reveals his hidden uniform.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Apr 2008 at 19:46.

  21. #196
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arondil View Post
    Easter Street.
    Also there are Easter area in Hotel.

  22. #197
    Moderator
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Wales
    Totally missing my brain yesterday. Sorry to Arondil and Acolyte6 for mixing the two of you up.

    It was Acolyte6 asking about fire arrows and I answered Arondil with gas arrow location. Which you knew already. Anyway, there is a fire arrow on normal play but I don't remember where I found it - might have been the armoury.

  23. #198
    Clearinghouse
    Registered: Aug 2002
    Location: Siberia, Russia
    nickie, fire arrow in Frob's attic

  24. #199
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: Somewhere other than Conwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I think I've found the missing secret. Stand on the table in Frob's big vault. There's a ceiling panel you can frob that is hiding a lever. It opens a secret door in the wall.

    Also, your #5 is wrong, I think. You didn't mention the secret in Frobb's closet that reveals his hidden uniform.
    Cheers, you'd be correct. Updated my list above to put all seven in one place.

  25. #200
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: Great. Now I can't get back in
    I think your #6 should read Clegg's attic.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •