TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Available voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post

Please let me know if you are interested and send me a PM with your email address.
    I'd be willing and able to take the male part, but for whatever reason I am not able to PM (maybe my account isn't fully activated?- that's the only reason I can think of).

You should be able to send and receive PMs now.

I need a Voice Actor for the Phone Guy Part, every Night like this One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBxbDoKaJhs

if you are interested send me PN.

Ok, the PhoneGuy VoiceActor is found.
    but i need also a Voice Actor for the Guard (MainCharacter)

send me a PN if you interested.

Archivist

Update

Here's an overview of all mutations in the voice actors list since May.

Adding
    A few new members announced they're up for voice acting for fm's: these are redleaf (female) as well as DCL66 and McTaffer (male).

Removal
    The following voice actors are removed from the list: Caradavin, lizanneh, Phantasmagore and Rufus (female) as well as Procession (male). They are either no longer around, no longer available, or there is no indication they're still up for requests.

Absence mention
    Two listed voice actors are now mentioned as absent: Grim.Ed and DCL66.

Thread description
    A few revisions (in red) to the description on the first page.

Male Voice Actor on Call with Dark Mod Experience

Hi, I am Andrew Bartmess, an aspiring voice actor, who would like to do some work for you. You can find examples of my work on my website, www.everybodyandme.com. I have “done voices” all my life for church shows, my own amusement, and for D&D gaming, but am trying to get started professionally. The Demo Page on my site has many faux-mercials, comedy bits, and my limited paid work as well, showing off a variety of characters and styles. I am a 56-year-old man, but can be whomever you need: Major Bumble, Ben Franklin, Pirate Pete, Winston Churchill, you name it. I have a 2-minute Dark Mod reel on there, and a spot on Garrett as well. I am an excellent mimic, and have done lines in the styles of some of the Dark Mod Ai characters...would LOVE to do a Hammer!

I am a LONG TIME THIEF fan, back to the original, and have been doing work for several mission authors on The Dark Mod, appearing in six missions so far. I have done drunks and lords, guards and sailors so far. I can do everything from refined twits to gruff lockpicks.

You can hear me in Dragofer’s “Down By The Riverside”, Sotha’s "Coercion", and upcoming Goldwell’s “Lord Edger’s Disappearance”, Cambridge Spy’s “Murdering the Markets”, LarryG’s “Finals at the Academy” and Gort’s “Rebellion of the Builder 2”. (If I have gotten names or mission names wrong let me know.)

Best contact is by the email on the website. I have a daytime mundane job, but have my own studio booth, and can turn most work around in a few days, overnight if it is limited. I work ProTools Lite with a Spark microphone, can send you MP3, .wav or .ogg files as you like. Under 20 Meg I can email, over that I have sent by Zippyshare, or you tell me how best to get them to you.

I LOVE doing voices; I am a frustrated actor with NO memory, so I would have been great in radio theater, and this is as close to that as it gets. Give me a challenge, some rough guidelines and a script, and I will give you back several treatments to see what you like. I would also like any work in any other games you have a hand in…SF or other kinds of stuff. I just want to get the experience on the way to doing this for a (part time) living, but I think you will like what you hear. And if you can offer any tips on my improving what you hear, man, I would love that. Thanks.

Please insert me in the voice acting list above!
    Last edited by AndrosTheOxen; 7th Jan 2017 at 00:42. Reason: Added text

I think some new voice sets would be most welcome. Most requests are for conversation lines for a specific character, which are usually very good but have no use outside that FM. It also means that an actor offering his/her services will get no requests until an FM author is ready, by which time the actor may no longer be available.

I think we could do with some general purpose servant (i.e. unarmed) voices, but any other type would also be nice as it would add more variety. A typical voice set has a lot of files but that's only because there are several 'babble' sounds, several alert1 sounds, etc.

The Dark Mod people sent me a script for full sets that looks like this...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax is:
    Line Title: ["sound def name"]
    Actor direction
    filename, "example line" x suggested # of lines
    Total Lines: approx 270 (including grunts and coughs)
    Sound files should be in .wav format, mono, 44100 project rate,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?

I do a wonderful Scottish based on an engineer where I work (no kidding!) I had someone on the Dark Mod looking for work in a Hammer format, the kind of old whispy fellow. Is there a FAQ for doing these, beyond the one I got at the Dark Mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIqR...outu.be&t=6m9s

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The Dark Mod full sets have many more lines than Thief voice sets, especially innocents like nobles and servants. You can just open up the schema file for one of those voices and see what kind of lines are needed, and how many of each are generally done.

Archivist
    Your name is up in the list, Andros. Welcome!

Thanks so very! I have loved the challenge of doing work for the Dark Mod, and hope I will be of use here!

Can anyone recommend a voice actor who can do a good Benny impersonation? or even close to it? I have only a small handful of lines to be recorded in that style.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I did Benny for Cell 6, so check it out and if it's close enough, email me the lines.

Put me in line next...I would like a shot at it.

If I went into Thief2 or Thief Gold, or even Thief...which directory would I go to, and how are the files stored? I have several voices I would like to try on some sample lines to get a direction and a profession that would be useful to you folks before I go full tilt at the wrong windmill.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Look in the RES folder (CRFS in T1/G I believe) and you'll see a bunch of .crf files, which are just renamed ZIP archives. Open snd.crf in your ZIP program and you'll see a bunch of subfolders, one per voice set plus a few others for sound FX and the like. Benny is the voice of guard3.

Edit:
    I uploaded one of Benny's lines from Cell 6 here: http://www.wearytaffer.com/storage/v...dros_Benny.mp3
    Last edited by Yandros; 16th Jan 2017 at 21:00.

Look in your Thief folders for RES...short for resources. All game resources are in there. Snd.crf will be the sound folder. The .crf is just a zip file. I just rename it snd.zip and extract.

EDIT: seriously Russ?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Guess we should start calling you "SlowFoxx".

I need a Voice Actor for my Upcoming FM. I need the same Voice as the Eye from Thief 1.

I checked out the YouTube clip, and I could do that all day long! Send me a script!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910