TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Available voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by lizanneh View Post
    Bloody Ruins (for System Shock 2) by Christine Geburtstag: Brenda Holt
    Ponterbee Station (for System Shock 2) by Christine Geburtstag: Elisabeth Archer, Susann Arnold
    Not important, but: don't you mean "Christine Schneider"?
    Geburtstag is the German word for "birthday".

Liz.........COSAS: Mission X: Part will not be disclosed until release
    Awww Digi's been holding out on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Not important, but: don't you mean "Christine Schneider"?
    Geburtstag is the German word for "birthday".
    I guess...maybe I copied it down from somewhere incorrectly, but it's what I had in my records. I'll fix it. I don't speak German, just French and a smattering of Spanish (and sign language, although no one "speaks" that), so I had no idea I had picked up the wrong word...I always just knew here as "Christine."

Hi Sly! Hope I'm not in trouble for outing that mission is in development. I don't recall being sworn to secrecy.
    Last edited by lizanneh; 8th May 2008 at 02:14.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Death's Cold Embrace by Yandros and Polygon: Tivren, misc females
    Circulation of Shadows by Yandros: Keeper
    Deceptive Perception 2 by Yandros: White Lady
    Actually, Tivren was for CoS. I don't think you ever did any DCE voicework, yet - there will be much to do this summer and fall, as we rewrote the script earlier this year. What are the misc female lines you're referring to? It's possible that was for the old DCE script, and if it's the parts I'm thinking of they're still being used in the new version. Can you resend them to me if you have them? I couldn't locate them in a quick search here, but I didn't look very hard.

So this should read:

Quote Originally Posted by lizanneh
    Circulation of Shadows by Yandros: Tivren, Keeper
    Deceptive Perception 2 by Yandros: White Lady
    And unfortunately CoS was not released and has been shelved for T2, although I hope to make it for The Dark Mod and may well reuse the work you did. Also, the white lady in DP2 has a name now, although I don't want to reveal it - the player finds out what it is in a rather neat way.

I always just knew her as "Christine."
    Yup, I had to look up her name in the readme from one of her FMs because I knew Geburtstag didn't sound right.

The Architect
    Sly is just teasing you, Liz, because I never told him that you did voice work on MX.

Plays 'em close to the vest he does.

TTLG Server Goddess

*Thread has been stickified*

I am (mostly) available...

As has been posted I narrated The Seventh Crystal, played "Mara" in Duncan's first mission, Did one of Christine's SS2 missions, a couple for Frobber, CoSaS.. yadda yadda

I found this amongst the clutter on my PC: SAMPLES.ZIP if it's helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    She narrated T7Crystal. Plus she's featured in the yet to be released CoSaS mission. Her voice is so sexy it makes a guy want to swoon.
    Aww shucks Sly you make me blush... (but I charge $4.95/min for that voice )

UPDATE 5/21/16: I am still willing and available to do voice acting for FMs. The samples file listed there has been re-uploaded (guess I deleted it at some point, sorry about that) and I added some other random files to it. I've also done some SS2 FMs and some for Oblivion/CoSaS.

My natural voice is somewhat deep/husky for a female, though I can alter it as needed - check out "The Missus" from KOTP - Hallucinations, also included in the samples file.

Dinksmallwood or Christine would have some of my stuff as well as Digital Nightfall (if anyone can find him - I think he's got some good ones) Anyone else who has some of my recordings... please feel free to share them. My PC is so cluttered an unorganized I don't know what's where.

Also, the contact email in my profile is still good (email is better than PM). Or find me on facebook

I'm happy to "audition" for your FM if you like, and to record many different takes of each line, so you get what you want.

~M
    Last edited by MsLedd; 21st May 2016 at 19:35. Reason: Updated
    If you didn't really laugh out loud, you're just an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Actually, Tivren was for CoS. I don't think you ever did any DCE voicework, yet - there will be much to do this summer and fall, as we rewrote the script earlier this year. What are the misc female lines you're referring to? It's possible that was for the old DCE script, and if it's the parts I'm thinking of they're still being used in the new version. Can you resend them to me if you have them? I couldn't locate them in a quick search here, but I didn't look very hard.
    I have to admit, Yandros, you've had me do so much work I clearly got it all mixed up. But, I keep everything. In my "Yandros" folder, I have files called "guards, julia, Keeper, Mechs, Noblewoman, and servants." Just PM me and let me know what you need! Thank you for the correction on my credits - I will fix them!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    And unfortunately CoS was not released and has been shelved for T2, although I hope to make it for The Dark Mod and may well reuse the work you did. Also, the white lady in DP2 has a name now, although I don't want to reveal it - the player finds out what it is in a rather neat way.
    I'm sure there are other things on my credits that were not released as well! People aren't very good about telling me, though, and I'm not very good at noticing without being told!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    Sly is just teasing you, Liz, because I never told him that you did voice work on MX.
    Well, I almost didn't, after my ISP change and a month full of problems, and then my power supply dying on me...but thank goodness everything is up and running now and my computer is once again vibrant and powered.

But that Sly sure loves to tease.

I am available for some voiceover work. I am a male with a flexible voice and a neutral American accent but can cover many other accents in English (especially if I know what you want and have enough preparation time). Mostly I am known for my musical compositions and sound design work.

1: Experience
    Most of my work has been voiceover for podcasts and some commercial work.
    I have done some work with MODs such as the DarkMOD (demo vocal work only) and some stage work. I also recorded some parts as misc. soldiers for a Half-Life 2 MOD and a UT MOD, both of which got scrapped.

On The Trail of a Fence: Garrett
    A Nice Game of Chess: Pagans, Hammerites
    Stones and Glass Houses: Thieves 2 & 3, Bluecoat
    The Deadly Triangle (Thief Reloaded Contest) by Darthslair: Thieves 1 & 2
    Plot v.1.1: Garrett
    The Rebellion of the Builder 2: Sir Edward
    Death's Cold Embrace by The Weary Taffer: Fairbanks
    The Nameless MOD: King Kashue and Shadowcode

2: Type of voice
    Thieves (I have done a Garrett type voice but I am NOT Stephen Russell! No one can touch that guy!), guards, haunts, pagans, creatures, a decent Karras, Builders/Mechanists, etc. My voice lends itself to many styles and can go from gruff to smooth.

3: Recordings
    "On the Trail of a Fence"
    Briefing Video
    Video (FLV Format)

You may also hear me on The Nameless MOD as King Kashue and Shadowcode.
    YouTube: The Nameless MOD - King Kashue
    YouTube: The Nameless MOD - King Kashue
    The Nameless MOD - Shadowcode (FLV Format)

4: Status
    Currently semi-busy but can squeeze voiceover work in between jobs and other gigs.

5: Other info
    I have my own working project studio and the proper equipment to handle any voiceover job. I also have some limited access to other voice actors if needed.

*Note: As of 22 May 2016 I am still available for some work. My contact info is the same.
    Last edited by saxmeister; 22nd May 2016 at 03:21. Reason: To update contact info

Thanks for the message, Phantom,

It's taken me quite a while to respond to this as I only very rarely return here nowadays when the call of the underground makes me want to do some serious thieving. Lately, I've mainly been doing work on projects for Oblivion but I'm afraid to say that I'm trying to wind down now as I really should be spending my time on other things. Nonetheless, pride (and a love of LGS, TTLG and the Thief series as a whole) compels me to respond.

1: Experience - I voiced a lot of the ill-fated 'Hammerite Imperium' mod which I co-wrote (well, the lion share of the plot was mine). I've also played Skarz, and SECRET in Cosas. Beyond that, my work for Oblivion is too much to list, so I'm probably better off giving you links to my youtube video showcases: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2aQlHqHigM , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWSAV6hQgE & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1zSzjo1dw .

2: Type of voice - I pretty much do everything, although for Thief I always had the most fun with Hammerites (naturally!). I like the challenge of variety but a good character with a chance to really act always attracts my attention. It may interest people to know that I recently created a voice mod that introduces Hammerites into Oblivion. Just look for the 'Jeremiah' sound set in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf1zSzjo1dw

3: Recordings - I think I've just covered this but you can also see two more of my characters in action alongside the 'Garrett' set here - 'Borrodin' & Ja'Kha'iit-myr here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riyAGr6nEOg . And the modder Giskard tends to make use of my services quite a lot too. Giskard's voice, by his own admission, isn't the best so you'll hear me cropping up occasionally in his youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMN9RcuTOf4 ('Fletchus Curdle' was partly inspired by Karras) & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HFfkrZRPV4 ('Denel' the historian is most popular here)

4: Status - currently too busy, I'm afraid. I have a backlog of stuff to do for various modders and I'm looking to withdraw from the scene a little more as I'm wanting to free up some spare time. However, I haven't written off returning to TTLG to help out here due to the great people I've met here and the sheer brilliance of Thief.

5: Other Info - No flashy equipment but I very, very rarely have to redo recordings due to poor audio quality. I can sometimes add effects but my software is limited and I have no idea how to introduce 'mechbeast' sounds like saxmeister above...although I tend to find ways to do stuff like that after a bit of fiddling...
    Last edited by Digital Nightfall; 24th May 2008 at 21:27. Reason: Forgot stuff
    Hammerite Imperium Writer and Voice Actor inc. Oblivion mods - Lost Spires, Origin of the Mages Guild, Gates to Aesgaard & Silgrad Tower

The Architect
    Sorry for abusing your post, Ibsen, but noone knows about that yet.

(sigh)

I really wish I could clone myself...

I completely understand! Wanting to do more and having the time are two separate things....

That and being an ego maniac. :P

Yeah... I have a million things that I want to do, but my body just won't let me do it. Its funny how life can throw those unexpected "curve balls". I don't think I told anyone here at TTLG that I've my physical condition has taken a turn for the worst, and I've been diagnosed with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis).

If you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatoid_Arthritis

I'm just glad that some people still appreciate me and my work. When I get enough energy (and time). I'm going to place all my voices availible for download (Cyclops1, Cyclops2, Ghoul1, Ghoul2, Guildmember1, Guildmember2, Guildmember3, Mojojo, Bantar, Guildmaster Zilfin)

Since I've been out of the works for so long did anyone ever build an AirElemental Voice Index? I have all those others "critter" voices too.

Long time

Updated info for 6/2/2012

1: Experience
    I am a Producer and a unofficial voice over actor who does small projects on the side like FMs for Thief. I also have a Youtube Channel where I do all my own voice work for my videos: www.youtube.com/user/goretorn16

2: Type of voice
    Flexible at most. I like challenges that people offer to me with character voices. I make a pretty good villan and can do other haunting effects with ghosts per say. Gimme a voice and I'll will try my best to form a character.

3: Recordings
    None on hand but you can email Sterlino and tdbonko for more fan mission info regarding projects I have worked with.

4: Status
    Ready to start any time (6/2/2012)

5: Other info
    I focus on audio quality before I start forming a voice for any particular character for a fan mission. My studio quality audio equipment washs out bad audio samples by eliminating "puffs" from the recording session. PM or email me for more information. I am usually quick to answer and get right on the project you need help with
    Last edited by Gore_Torn; 2nd Jun 2012 at 17:38. Reason: I've updated my content (Go here)

@Gore_Torn...

If you are getting plosives...1) use a pop filter and 2) address the mic at a 45 degree angle when you're doing big P's and B's. The best fix for plosives is to tame them in the first place.

Also putting a little distance between you and the mic will help, if your setup and situation will allow. A good, cheap pop filter is an old wire clothes hanger and some panty hose/tights/hosiery (depending upon which part of the world you reside). "Real" pop filters are relatively inexpensive and you can probably get one at a local music shop.

Fixing them "in the mix" isn't the best idea as some information is lost in the process and is unrecoverable. As SlyFoxx said, tame them to begin with and you'll be okay.

Voice Actor
    I am available. I travel, sometimes work strange hours, and remarried with kids now, so it may be a few days before I answer a PM. But that also means I can get you a male child voice actor if you need one.

1: Experience: numerous voice acting jobs since April 2005 (newer ones first):
    GORT's "TROTB2" voicing a Keeper Ghost
    LarryG's FM "Keeper Instructor" voicing Atrus
    DarthLair's FMs (not sure of the names) voicing Atrus, Murus, and an "Evil Eye"
    Shadowhide's "When Angels and Devisl Dance" by , performing a thief
    Getaene's "The Black Frog", performing the character "Gilles"
    narration for an iPhone application; the job involved choosing music, sound editing and voice narration
    Zontik's "King's Story," playing Earl Durkheim
    strg8's "The Cabal," playing the town crier
    Radio messages for numerous VegaStrike factions, half a dozen news stories (with music and sound) and the Oswald tutorial
    Briefing video for Asgaroth's "The City Spreads Fever" including a Garret-ish narration
    Fan mission by GORT, playing Pagan character "Hardroot"
    Sterlino's "Abominable," playing Denlock and a guard
    Briefing video with voice acting (not Garret) for Telliamed's "Last Carress," using the excellent artwork of Clockwork Mifune
    Fan mission by Ottoj55, performing several characters
    Nightshifter's "The Librarian," performing two thieves, two mages, Garret, and the drunk
    Random_Taffer's "Nostalgia," performing the Hammerite
    SirBalu's "Chronicle of the Metal Age part 2" performing the innkeeper and other parts; I later expanded the innkeeper a bit into a small schema (61 lines)
    Pixie's In These Enlightened Times,” performing the archeologist's ghost and The Curse
    Fan mission by Schwaa, performing the shady shopkeeper/fence (this was fun to do, I really want to hear it in-game) and the singing drunk, later I made a small drunk voice schema (66 lines)
    Pixie's "Under Templehill," performing the drunk
    Demo, Hammer Chants. This schema (159 lines) includes singing/chants and was included in Yandros' Hammerite Mission Development Kit
    The_Dude's upcoming mission, performing an announcement with an embedded sound effect
    Christine’s SS2 campaign "Ponterbee Station," performing log entries for Tomi, Shepard, and Carson
    Moghedian's upcoming FM, performing Evan and the fastidious guard
    Spitter's "Saints & Thieves,” performing Deryn

2: Type of voice. Male. I'm a calm person and keep my emotions under control in real life, so I do a good Keeper. I had an amusing disagreement with one author, who thought my keeper voice was not emotional enough . I enjoy singing. I have fun playing my drunk character. I'm told that I do a passable Garret, but nowhere near as good as Slyfoxx.

3: Recordings. https://onedrive.live.com/?id=9752EA...87834B&group=0

4: Status. I remain available for voice acting. My USB condenser mike is 6 years old now but still works well.

5. Additional info: I do my own editing after recording, so I can give you game-ready files with Thief-compatible names and formats. If there is any doubt about what you want, I start with samples so you can choose the voice you prefer. I usually turn things around in a week for a conversation, or a few weeks for a bigger project.

Aside from the already-mentioned suggestion about waiting until the mission is close to release (much of my work over the last 3 years is still not released), I have one other suggestion. As the author, you have a vision of what the voices should sound like. If you know what you want, explain it clearly. If you don't know what you want, please tell the actor as much of your vision as you can. Let him ask questions, consider his suggestions and provide feedback on the samples. Some of my favorite voice acting projects were for authors who gave me some leeway -- sometimes they liked my ideas, sometimes not, but the result was always improved by the exchange. The one project I did not enjoy involved a lot of "I don't know what I want, but that isn't it," from the author.

Update Sep 2015: Updated the list of my work and URLs to my voice sets.

Update Oct 2017: has it been that long? I am still available for voice work, most of the time. I don't get in here much anymore but a PM will reach me.
    Last edited by dlw6; 28th Oct 2017 at 13:22. Reason: still here
    Don
    "I prefer to work behind the scenes. The rewards are nearly as great, and the risks far less." -- Londo Mollari

I still think it would be good for authors to have more complete voice sets to choose from, without always having to ask for full voice sets from actors. If there was a library of voice actors with already existing voice sets, it would be fairly easy for someone to ask one of those characters to perform a few lines for their FM, keeping their voice consistent with the rest of the character without the need for a full voice set just for that FM.

I've been wanting to re-enact some Thief voices for quite a while now, but as you can probably imagine, I needed a time when I had the house to myself!

I have done Garrett, some guards, some Hammerites, Mechanists, servants, pagans, Trickster... and my favorite one of all, Raoul.

I hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I did making them!

* Hope the neighbors didn't hear me *

thief-snd.zip (20.30 Mb)
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/10692405/thief_snd_zip

Garras

P.S. This topic was originally posted in the Thief General Discussion forum, but it was moved to here, and I was advised to re-post this entry here as some people thought that I may be good enough to do some mod work!?
    Last edited by Garras; 23rd Aug 2011 at 08:32. Reason: Link update

Thought I'd jump in here and say I'm available to do some acting as needed.

1: Experience: So far I have done a few lines of a crazy prisoner (great way to start one's acting. lol) for Eepcat in his 'Mystery at the St. Anne's Inn', and a line or two for Saturnine in his horror mission Rose Cottage.

Over all I am fairly new at the whole 'voice acting' thing. I am gaining experience (and confidence!) as I go. (In my own opinion, I'm really *NOT* much of an actor. But its sort of fun, so I'll let you be the real judges of that. )

2: Type of voice: Uh, no idea, actually. I am a woman, so obviously you don't want me for just any old guard - I doubt if I could sound like a man if I tried. I have been told - by men - that I have a really nice voice and they like listening to it. . .but I honestly don't know if they were in earnest or just flattering. (I'd like to think it was in earnest. . .they kept calling 'just to talk' and 'just to hear my voice'. so I don't know.) For my own self, I don't know how to judge. I've made complaints about how I sound but I am told thats not the way I sound to others, so it sort of leaves me unable to define my own voice. Helpful, aren't I? lol Probably could do most women characters, servants, nobles, pagans, mages. . .women guards, maybe? Although I'm not sure about villian(s. . villianesses?). I'm willing to at least try most anything. I'll probably get a better idea of what I can do as I go.

As far as accents. . .I am Canadian. I'd say I do not have an accent. I am not French and do not come from that side of the country, so I have a 'neutral' way of speaking as far as I can hear. (Although others from elsewhere might be able to tell you what a 'Canadian accent' is) I -might- be able to mimic British accents if I worked at it, but I can't tell you how authentic it'd be or if its just a really bad imitation picked up from the tv. I guess you'd have to be the judge of that too!

3: Recordings: Um. None at this point, except Eepcat's mission. Not sure what to offer as samples.

4: Status: Available any time. Currently unemployed, so my time is, more or less, my own.

EDIT: Oct. 2013 - I'm back up and running on a new computer and good to go. If you need me for some lines you think I might suit, feel free to drop me a line. As long as things aren't crazy here, I'll be happy to voice lines for you. **Note** I'm not always paying much attention here on the boards. So if you don't hear from me within a day or two, feel free to poke me again. Or drop me an email (my address is on my profile) and make sure I heard you the first time. Don't worry about 'bugging' me. Better to make sure I heard you than to feel I've ignored you. *coughs* Just found a message someone sent me in JULY that I did not see until October. So. . .yeah. Kick me or something. Make sure you've got my attention.

*Note 2* I seem to be having some mic issues. My recordings come out very quiet compared to other sounds. I've switched to a new mic, but that only seems to have minorly helped. Right now I'm compensating by removing the background noise and boosting the volume of the sound file. It *seems* to do the trick, but I have yet to get any feed back on that.
    Last edited by Elentari; 29th Oct 2013 at 02:00.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast