TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Available voice actors

bikerdude
    can this be made a sticky please..?

Archivist
    Well, I wouldn't mind if it generates more attention to this thread.
    FM makers are welcome to post a message here when they need a voice actor, but so far nobody did .

The link is mentioned in the resources thread, at the top of the 1st page, but I seriously wonder if that's obvious enough.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    The link is mentioned in the resources thread, at the top of the 1st page, but I seriously wonder if that's obvious enough.
    hey Phantom

I thinks it has been used as a place to find people to do lines - which is what I did today. A T3 Fm thats being made, needed a male and female voice actor and the first place I thought to find a someones to do the other lines was here.

Making a sticky thread for available voice actors sounds like a good idea, but why stop there? There could be a sticky thread for available betatesters, briefing video makers, spellcheckers/text editors, custom object makers, etc... In the end the forum would be full of sticky threads.

One sticky thread for all those (and more) might be a better idea, but perhaps that could go inside the custom resources thread too.

I think this is important enough to be stickied in its own right. I'm planning on using it to find voice actors by and by.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I think this is important enough to be stickied in its own right. I'm planning on using it to find voice actors by and by.
    or it could be added to an existing sticky..?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I think what we need is a single sticky with links to all the threads like this, so we don't end up with 10 stickies. Maybe the Guide to Custom Resources sticky could add links to valuable threads like this one?

Archivist
    Good suggestions Tomi and Yandros! I'm happy to put other links on top of the resources thread as well. Just as long as it's related to resources. Threads about available scripters, modellers, or even beta testers would fit this criteria
    I'll be on the lookout for appropriate threads. Feel free to PM me when you know of one.

Right, now that this thread is dusted off, I hope a designer who's in need of lines will put his request here .

Biker, thanks for the support!

I'm a male available for voice acting.

Experience
    I've done voice acting for a few of my own missions and a number of others. In total, I've probably done about 6-8 voice projects of varying size.

Type of voice
    I have a range of voices, and I'm willing to try anything you like. I'll happily audition for a part if you'd like me to give it a go and you can see what you think before making any decisions. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so if you're not happy with a recording, I'll redo it 'til it's right. =)

Recordings
    [removed - link dead]

Status
    Completely available.
    ...If you know what I mean...

...I don't know what I mean...
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 19th Apr 2016 at 03:16.

I think it's worth linking to a couple of voice synthesiser demos. Even the full versions are not at all suitable for voice acting, but they make for very good placeholder sounds, especially for conversations. You can make sure the timing is right, and keep changing the words without having to worry about asking real people to constantly rephrase things.

http://tts.loquendo.com/ttsdemo/defa...id&language=en
    This one generates a wav file for you, but for the demo there is some noise in the background

http://www.cepstral.com/demos/
    The voice is more clear in this one (no background noise), but you have to make the recording yourself (set recording source to 'What U Hear', search Google if you want more info).

I need a voice actor for a Benny one-liner. Anyone interested/available?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Sly does a great Benny (ref. Heist Society).

Thanks, I'll contact him directly in case he is not reading this thread.

We're in need of some female vocals for The Dark Mod. It would be a complete set of barks, so it would be a more significant undertaking than a couple lines of dialogue. If you have a good recording setup and are interested in helping us get female characters into the game, drop me a line.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Lizanneh is one of the best, both in ability and setup, so I'd highly recommend you guys try and get her help with this. She rarely stops by here though, so an email is your best bet. If you want samples, listen to The White Lady's lines in DP2 or the coroner's tape recording in Rose Cottage.

Closer to home, MsLedd and Broken Arts both do great work as well.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I've updated my info, thanks for the reminder, Phantom. I was surprised at how much had changed since I first posted here.

TTLG Server Goddess

Update (as requested by The Phantom): *Moved to my original info post to reduce confusion.
    If you didn't really laugh out loud, you're just an idiot

Updated mine as well. I won't repeat what I just edited, go look!! . Go look! Thanks for looking.

Voice Actor
    Updated: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...45#post1741445
    It's odd to think I started voice acting for Thief about 5 1/2 years ago, and my voice can now be heard in 3 games (Thief2, SS2, Vegastrike) and an iPhone/Android app. Now I just need to find a voice acting job that actually pays money.

bikerdude
    updated my info.

Hey guys. Just visiting and wanted to say hello and I still exist and all. I have been getting a TON of work IRL at my day job. Someone used me to do the voiceover for a video our entire company saw and now I'm getting lots of requests from both our training area and our media services group. So, that's been fun.

So I'm not out of practice AT ALL, except, well, saying "taffer," and if you have a well-defined job, I can make myself available.

Of course, I work a full time job, have a part time job, and am a mom to two kids so...if immediate action is needed, I'm NOT your gal.

Can someone find a way to create some time for me because I would love to PLAY some of the awesome creations I've acted in. I feel so out of the loop!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and yes, you can still ping me if you want either of my two girlie voices - the brit one or the yank one. Cheers!

Liz

Hi Phantom, could you add me to the actor voice list?

1- experience: used my voice in two characters for the mission "3 distinct adventures"
    2- i can adapt my voice for different kind of characters providing they are all male, test me!
    3-Got no link yet. Ohhh...
    4-free time, alot, my current job allows me such previlege.

Man, I wish I had such a cool list to work from when I was looking for voice actors.. :P

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Hi Phantom, could you add me to the actor voice list?

1- experience: used my voice in two characters for the mission "3 distinct adventures"
    2- i can adapt my voice for different kind of characters providing they are all male, test me!
    3-Got no link yet. Ohhh...
    4-free time, alot, my current job allows me such previlege.
    Sure thing, cardia. I've added your name to the list, and linked to your post with info.

Wow! I just dropped back here and noticed that the old forums are still buzzing. What an amazing community this has been!

Sorry to have gone AWOL. I have to say that I'm not available for much VA work besides a couple of random lines if I can fit them in in a lunch break or something but the very best of luck to everyone here. Just so you know, I used to be well-known round here.
    Hammerite Imperium Writer and Voice Actor inc. Oblivion mods - Lost Spires, Origin of the Mages Guild, Gates to Aesgaard & Silgrad Tower

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast