TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Available voice actors

Let me try this again

Experience - not much, but I have taken voice lessons in college and also have a degree in Theatre with acting emphasis
    Type of voice - alto to baritone female (pagan, noble, etc...)
    Recordings - I don't have any at this time
    Status - Available, please pm me or email me and give me a few days notice because I don't lurk or anything so I might not be on for couple days at a time. I tend to visit sometimes once a week.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Voice actors request!

That's what I need:

- Old male, deep authoritative voice, undead/ghost mage type. Only three lines.

- Young gentle sprightly female voice. She's supposed to be 17 years old. About 10 lines.

- Sorceress with a harsh voice (similar to the female mechanists) 6 lines

- Female ghost, dreamy voice. 5/6 lines

Please PM or email me if you are interested.

Thanks

Updated my posting to include an emphasis on crazy voices. Check out the prisoner 8 voiceset I did for Cell 6 for an example. I also voice a crazy old hermit in Hipbreaker's upcoming mission.

So if you want a ranting lunatic in your mission, let me know!

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    You'd better be ready then, I'll contact you for my upcoming mission.

Just out of curiosity, for Double or Quits I wanted to include a few singers from cell 6, with Yandros' and your voice. Just like a little reference or a surprise. However I couldn't, because in the zip file of cell 6 I couldn't find the new schemas for these voices.

I wonder if it's possible for you or Yandros to create a small voiceset, including the schemas, available to everyone. It would bring a nice diversity in taverns and such.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I've always intended to release the prisoner voices with the schemas from Cell 6 - I'll do that this weekend. If you'd emailed me for the schemas for DoQ, I'd have been glad to provide them.

Well, my password is gone and that of my old Email Account, too. I already wrote to the webmaster, but I don't know if I can get my old account back, so I'll just update this.
    Exp - more FM's for Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim on the Nexus.
    Type of voice - low pitch female
    Recordings - play Darthslair's missions
    Status - I'm here. I might take a while to get things done but I'm here.
    Last edited by Rufus; 14th May 2014 at 05:42.

You can have your old account back but I'm just waiting for when you're offline before I sort it out.

Nickie ... you're the best!

VGuard 7

Is there someone out there who's voice sounds similar to the english VGuard7 voice?

Lately I've finished a VGuard7 voice package in English (DarthsLair's conversion of Thief3 voices), French ( Frère Staven) and German (me). Thing is that I added the WAVs / schemas for sg7wrn11, sg7wrn21 and sg7wrnf1 which allow to make a scene like the one at Bafford's gate (2 warnings, then attack). Maybe someone can speak the 3 corresponding WAVs in english? That would be fine.

The English VGuard7 sounds like that:
    http://home.arcor.de/g101.12683/VGuard7/sg7a0mu4.wav or
    http://home.arcor.de/g101.12683/VGuard7/sg7a1hw4.wav or
    http://home.arcor.de/g101.12683/VGuard7/sg7a1vw1.wav

The schema is defined like that - same as in sg1-3.sch:
    //----------------------------------------------------

schema sg7wrn11 //REACT 1ST WARNING
    archetype AI_MINOR
    sg7wrn11
    schema_voice vguard7 1 reactwarn
    schema_voice vcop7 1 reactwarn

schema sg7wrn21 //REACT 2ND WARNING
    archetype AI_MAJOR
    sg7wrn21
    schema_voice vguard7 1 reactwarn2
    schema_voice vcop7 1 reactwarn2

schema sg7wrnf1 //REACT CHARGE
    archetype AI_MORE_MAJOR
    sg7wrnf1
    schema_voice vguard7 1 reactcharge
    schema_voice vcop7 1 reactcharge

//----------------------------------------------------
    Anybody? I only need those 3 voice files, I can care for the sound and the conversion into IMA ADPCM,22.050 Hz; 4 Bit; Mono then if necessary.
    Last edited by zappen; 14th May 2014 at 06:14.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's the voice used for Sinclair, the T3 version of Benny, right? I can give it a whirl if you email me the lines. If someone else wants to try too it's fine with me if you use theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    That's the voice used for Sinclair, the T3 version of Benny, right? I can give it a whirl if you email me the lines. If someone else wants to try too it's fine with me if you use theirs.
    Yes, AFAIK DarthsLair took it from T3 and converted it to T2 format.

I didn't prepare any lines, my English isn't sufficient for that.
    Just speak two warnings and then an attack, something like the T1 lines sg1wrn11.wav, sg1wrn21.wav and sg1wrnf1.wav or sg2wrn11.wav, sg2wrn21.wav and sg2wrnf1.wav or sg3wrn11.wav, sg3wrn21.wav and sg3wrnf1.wav ...
    Last edited by zappen; 15th May 2014 at 05:41.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Ok, I'll get them to you in the next few days. I have some lines to do for another FM so will have the microphone out soon.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Just posting to say I haven't forgotten this, I just haven't had time yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

TTLG Server Goddess
    Update: I just got a new mic headset, which I'd be willing to test out if anyone needs some voices done

Sounds good. I'm looking for a hoarse women's voice, maybe with a Spanish (or whatever) accent. Something like the old woman in Murkbell.

Available voice actors

Hello Community!

I'm a third year drama student (British) and keenly interested in radio drama and Thief.
    After playing through some of the amazing fan missions created by you guys, I'd like to help out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikTJuNBfeA
    My youtube channel contains some other longer projects, so have a gander if you wish.

A little bit of my previous work, no doubt you chaps will recognise the influence of my design. I play Thwaite the sadist murderer, but am capable of a range of accents and tones.

I also have access to a fully equipped sound studio, for high quality recordings, and exporting in compressed formats.

So, if any of you are interested in utilising my voice for any projects, please give a shout!

Cheerio
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Just posting to say I haven't forgotten this, I just haven't had time yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning.
    Wow, how many tomorrow mornings passed by ...

Et Frère Staven, que fait la version française?

Only 3 WAVs each ...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Completely forgot.... I will have free time in an empty house in the morning.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Sent you a PM yesterday zappen, let me know you got the lines.

Got it, thanx a lot, Yandros! Sounds good! Now I have the agony of choice to find out the best out of the different versions ...
    Last edited by zappen; 1st Mar 2015 at 05:50.

Voice Actor
    Hey folks, I'm sorry that I was gone for a few years. I got married (gaining a wife and a child) then had twin girls...busy busy. But I still enjoy voice acting now and then, and reading this takes me back.

If you send me a PM with a voice acting request, I will get an email and come read the PM. Posting to my profile page will provide no notification and I'll miss your request.

I don't use my web site anymore, so I plan to let it fade away when the annual payment comes due in April. So for now, here is a folder for my voice acting resume, voice sets (except Hammer7 which was rolled in the Hammer Dev Kit), and some tutorials I wrote:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2czip

Don

BTW here is the VGuard7/VCop7/VDrunk7 package (EN, FR, DE; including .SCH file and explanations).

And don't miss to download the EN/DE version of VHammer4 (including .SCH file and explanations) if you are working on a hammerite mission.

Female character, late 20s, kind and intelligent, but not posh

If no one minds doing voice work for The Dark Mod FMs instead of TMA or TDS FMs, I'd like to humbly and politely ask for some volunteers.

For now, the thing I need the most is someone who could do voiceovers for a supporting female character. Mid-to-late 20s, former maidservant, working class type, but not of the "oi, guvna, luvaduck !" stereotypical sort. The voice should be youthful and clear, but not exactly dulcet, posh or overly dramatic. It should sound believably "plain", but not "dumb". Rather soft-spoken and civil/calm too (in a phlegmatic way). The type of voice you'd expect from a reasonable and somewhat life-savvy gal of that age. And she should be capable of being a bit playfully snarky in a few lines. Accent isn't that major an issue, but I'd prefer a general British one (won't mind a regional tinge) or an ordinary Canadian one.

As for her relation to the story, she's the protagonist's girlfriend and dependable pal, basically. (For lack of a better comparison, think Jennivere from the first TMA mission, if she had a lot more lines and some actual development.) Surprisingly, she does play quite a big role in the FM (as a character, not plot device), though she's absent from its first half.

Be warned, this female character would reoccur in several of my future FMs. (The missions wouldn't exactly form a campaign, per se, but they would form an interconnected, developing story of sorts.) So, preferrably, if someone decides to voice her, it will be a potentially long-term undertaking (as I'd prefer not to recast the character voice-wise).

P.S. Yes, the bomb has been dropped: I'm starting early development on my first ever FM. I have a pretty clear idea already (on a narrative, setting and ambience level), but I haven't started building it yet. I will do so during this spring, though.
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 2nd Mar 2015 at 04:42.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Congrats and glad to have someone else producing missions around here! I don't think most folks will care that it's a DarkMod mission, including voice actors. However, I would encourage you, based on my own past experience on both sides (author and voice actor), not to ask for voice acting so early. If someone puts in the time and effort to deliver the lines to you and things happen which lead to your not finishing the mission, they basically wasted their time. It's fine to get a feel for the community and actors' availability (especially of a female actor since they're in short supply as always) this early, but I would recommend you be at least 75% complete on building the mission before you ask someone to provide the actual lines. Just my 2 cents.

That's a very good point, Yandros, but I'm only asking in advance to see if anyone would be available (and willing) for this kind of role at all.

I'm certainly not asking someone to get ready to record some voicevers in a matter of days. I'd prefer to avoid that kind of approach. Obviously, I harbour deep respect for anyone willing to help me out with my FM in an external way like this.
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 17th Sep 2015 at 17:18. Reason: typos, hate 'em

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast