TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Available voice actors

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Just posting to say I haven't forgotten this, I just haven't had time yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

TTLG Server Goddess
    Update: I just got a new mic headset, which I'd be willing to test out if anyone needs some voices done

Sounds good. I'm looking for a hoarse women's voice, maybe with a Spanish (or whatever) accent. Something like the old woman in Murkbell.

Available voice actors

Hello Community!

I'm a third year drama student (British) and keenly interested in radio drama and Thief.
    After playing through some of the amazing fan missions created by you guys, I'd like to help out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NikTJuNBfeA
    My youtube channel contains some other longer projects, so have a gander if you wish.

A little bit of my previous work, no doubt you chaps will recognise the influence of my design. I play Thwaite the sadist murderer, but am capable of a range of accents and tones.

I also have access to a fully equipped sound studio, for high quality recordings, and exporting in compressed formats.

So, if any of you are interested in utilising my voice for any projects, please give a shout!

Cheerio
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Just posting to say I haven't forgotten this, I just haven't had time yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning.
    Wow, how many tomorrow mornings passed by ...

Et Frère Staven, que fait la version française?

Only 3 WAVs each ...

Completely forgot.... I will have free time in an empty house in the morning.

Sent you a PM yesterday zappen, let me know you got the lines.

Got it, thanx a lot, Yandros! Sounds good! Now I have the agony of choice to find out the best out of the different versions ...
    Last edited by zappen; 1st Mar 2015 at 04:50.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Voice Actor
    Hey folks, I'm sorry that I was gone for a few years. I got married (gaining a wife and a child) then had twin girls...busy busy. But I still enjoy voice acting now and then, and reading this takes me back.

If you send me a PM with a voice acting request, I will get an email and come read the PM. Posting to my profile page will provide no notification and I'll miss your request.

I don't use my web site anymore, so I plan to let it fade away when the annual payment comes due in April. So for now, here is a folder for my voice acting resume, voice sets (except Hammer7 which was rolled in the Hammer Dev Kit), and some tutorials I wrote:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2czip

Don

BTW here is the VGuard7/VCop7/VDrunk7 package (EN, FR, DE; including .SCH file and explanations).

And don't miss to download the EN/DE version of VHammer4 (including .SCH file and explanations) if you are working on a hammerite mission.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Female character, late 20s, kind and intelligent, but not posh

If no one minds doing voice work for The Dark Mod FMs instead of TMA or TDS FMs, I'd like to humbly and politely ask for some volunteers.

For now, the thing I need the most is someone who could do voiceovers for a supporting female character. Mid-to-late 20s, former maidservant, working class type, but not of the "oi, guvna, luvaduck !" stereotypical sort. The voice should be youthful and clear, but not exactly dulcet, posh or overly dramatic. It should sound believably "plain", but not "dumb". Rather soft-spoken and civil/calm too (in a phlegmatic way). The type of voice you'd expect from a reasonable and somewhat life-savvy gal of that age. And she should be capable of being a bit playfully snarky in a few lines. Accent isn't that major an issue, but I'd prefer a general British one (won't mind a regional tinge) or an ordinary Canadian one.

As for her relation to the story, she's the protagonist's girlfriend and dependable pal, basically. (For lack of a better comparison, think Jennivere from the first TMA mission, if she had a lot more lines and some actual development.) Surprisingly, she does play quite a big role in the FM (as a character, not plot device), though she's absent from its first half.

Be warned, this female character would reoccur in several of my future FMs. (The missions wouldn't exactly form a campaign, per se, but they would form an interconnected, developing story of sorts.) So, preferrably, if someone decides to voice her, it will be a potentially long-term undertaking (as I'd prefer not to recast the character voice-wise).

P.S. Yes, the bomb has been dropped: I'm starting early development on my first ever FM. I have a pretty clear idea already (on a narrative, setting and ambience level), but I haven't started building it yet. I will do so during this spring, though.
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 2nd Mar 2015 at 03:42.

Congrats and glad to have someone else producing missions around here! I don't think most folks will care that it's a DarkMod mission, including voice actors. However, I would encourage you, based on my own past experience on both sides (author and voice actor), not to ask for voice acting so early. If someone puts in the time and effort to deliver the lines to you and things happen which lead to your not finishing the mission, they basically wasted their time. It's fine to get a feel for the community and actors' availability (especially of a female actor since they're in short supply as always) this early, but I would recommend you be at least 75% complete on building the mission before you ask someone to provide the actual lines. Just my 2 cents.

That's a very good point, Yandros, but I'm only asking in advance to see if anyone would be available (and willing) for this kind of role at all.

I'm certainly not asking someone to get ready to record some voicevers in a matter of days. I'd prefer to avoid that kind of approach. Obviously, I harbour deep respect for anyone willing to help me out with my FM in an external way like this.
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 17th Sep 2015 at 16:18. Reason: typos, hate 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post
    That's a very good point, Yandros, but I'm only asking in advance to see if anyone would be available (and willing) for this kind of role at all.

I'm certainly not asking someone to get ready to record some voicovers in a matter of days. I'd prefer to avoid that kind of approach. Obviously, I harbour deep respect for anyone willing to help me out with my FM in an external way like this.
    I´m available if you need my male voice .

I'm can also do some voice acting if someone needs it.
    My accent is not that bad and i've got a deep voice.
    No actual experiance tho.

Can you post a sample of your work? I might be able to use you if you've got a deep voice. An accent might actually be good in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Can you post a sample of your work? I might be able to use you if you've got a deep voice. An accent might actually be good in this situation.
    I'll record myself and upload. Just reading some radndom dialog?
    Might take a couple of days due to work.

Random dialogue is fine. That's fine, man. No rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Random dialogue is fine. That's fine, man. No rush.
    Here's me. I can do accents or something different if you wish.
    https://studio.stupeflix.com/v/vhdNih8MH9X2/

Nice! I think I can definitely use you. I will contact you when I have the scripts done.

Add me!

1: Experience: Nothing really, worked on a few short films.
    2: Type of voice: Deeper male voice. Can do guards, drunks, etc. I'm slovenian but it only slightly shows in my accent. Can do russian style english accent.
    3: Recordings: https://studio.stupeflix.com/v/vhdNih8MH9X2/
    4: Status: Replying within a week.
    Last edited by neux; 6th Nov 2016 at 07:58.

I am in need of a few voice actors as well. I'm at... well past 100% but just can't seem to stop adding things to my mission, but it's very close to being released. I'm requesting one or two male voice actors and one female voice actress. The three roles will be bride, groom, and priest.

Send me lines for both the groom and the priest and i'll try my best

ok thanks Neux! I'm off tomorrow so I'll write them up and PM them to you.

TTLG Server Goddess
    I'd like to highly recommend the incomparable Mr Duck as a FANTASTIC voice actor. I've just been voice chatting with him on facebook, he has a AWESOME voice.

I told him to post on here... expect to hear from him soon.
    If you didn't really laugh out loud, you're just an idiot

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast