TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Available voice actors

Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post
    That's a very good point, Yandros, but I'm only asking in advance to see if anyone would be available (and willing) for this kind of role at all.

I'm certainly not asking someone to get ready to record some voicovers in a matter of days. I'd prefer to avoid that kind of approach. Obviously, I harbour deep respect for anyone willing to help me out with my FM in an external way like this.
    Im available if you need my male voice .

I'm can also do some voice acting if someone needs it.
    My accent is not that bad and i've got a deep voice.
    No actual experiance tho.

Can you post a sample of your work? I might be able to use you if you've got a deep voice. An accent might actually be good in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    Can you post a sample of your work? I might be able to use you if you've got a deep voice. An accent might actually be good in this situation.
    I'll record myself and upload. Just reading some radndom dialog?
    Might take a couple of days due to work.

Random dialogue is fine. That's fine, man. No rush.

Random dialogue is fine. That's fine, man. No rush.
    Here's me. I can do accents or something different if you wish.
    https://studio.stupeflix.com/v/vhdNih8MH9X2/

Nice! I think I can definitely use you. I will contact you when I have the scripts done.

Add me!

1: Experience: Nothing really, worked on a few short films.
    2: Type of voice: Deeper male voice. Can do guards, drunks, etc. I'm slovenian but it only slightly shows in my accent. Can do russian style english accent.
    3: Recordings: https://studio.stupeflix.com/v/vhdNih8MH9X2/
    4: Status: Replying within a week.
    Last edited by neux; 6th Nov 2016 at 08:58.

I am in need of a few voice actors as well. I'm at... well past 100% but just can't seem to stop adding things to my mission, but it's very close to being released. I'm requesting one or two male voice actors and one female voice actress. The three roles will be bride, groom, and priest.

Send me lines for both the groom and the priest and i'll try my best

ok thanks Neux! I'm off tomorrow so I'll write them up and PM them to you.

TTLG Server Goddess
    I'd like to highly recommend the incomparable Mr Duck as a FANTASTIC voice actor. I've just been voice chatting with him on facebook, he has a AWESOME voice.

I told him to post on here... expect to hear from him soon.
    If you didn't really laugh out loud, you're just an idiot

El Shagmeister

*Blushes*

Hi.

*Runs away*

I kid, I kid!

Well now, MsLedd herself has vouched for me, so I guess I shall step on the stage and offer my humble services to the beautiful TTLG community out there! (for any who may take me, that is)

So, info'n stuff...

1. Experience:
    I can say that I have done voice acting for ONE Thief FM at least! The Sword of Eldin! (I believe that's the name...). Outside of that, I did the voice set for Vega in Alien Swarm! I also had a radio show back in Mexico and have been asked constantly by my film classmates to do voice overs on their films (sadly, I cannot provide to links of either...gomen). I had a few voice coaching lessons, but am looking for something more long-term to get the windpipe all in shape.

2. Type of voice:
    Deep, but I am open to trying all sorts of characters! I have a small trace of a Mexican accent, but I actually have to force myself into sounding like a "stereotypical" Mexican. I can do a decent Spanish (not to be confused with Latino...) mock accent, but I would not hire myself to do a British one (save if it was for mocking). :3

3. Recordings:
    Just did these for the thread. 'Scuse the silliness.

http://youtu.be/O-nZJMkQlJM - Random voices.
    http://youtu.be/IeCqynErqXg - Mock Spanish/Latino voice.
    http://youtu.be/SwvqPLDHfQY - Guard!
    http://youtu.be/UKDRmUC0ecI - Creepy thief...dun dun DUUUUUNNNNN!
    http://youtu.be/9-qns_Vm8Uw - Just me using my (supposedly) regular voice.

Note: I did these using the smartphone mic, apologies for the lack of quality.

4. Availability:
    I'm currently coursing my grad year in film school, so things are a bit hectic, but my times are still pretty flexible enough to do voice work.

Cheers!
    Last edited by MrDuck; 7th Nov 2016 at 08:33.

Hey Duck, nice voice you got there. There is a very strong possibility that I may request from you soon.

Zombified
    so I'm thinking I'll check whether it would be possible to get enough people around here to voice the Minstrel SS2 fan mission logs and emails. voice types needed:

-military guy (Jameson, male, early forties, neutral voice) //done, dlw6
    -engineer (Clifton Marsh, male, early forties, slightly annoyed) //done, dlw6
    -medical worker (Fen Drayton, female, late thirties) // done, Shadow Creepr
    -doctor/scientist (Barton Seagrave, male, early fifties, bit nervous) //Yandros
    -passenger (Annesley Woodhouse, female, mid thirties, accent?) //done, Shadow Creepr
    -captain (Fitzwarren, male, mid forties) //Yandros
    -female AI (ARIADNE, I'd imagine clear, somewhat cheeky voice) //completed with a voice generator.

with the exception of the female med worker, all Caucasian (as far as I can tell from the lowres portraits). I'm guessing 3-4 people would be enough to voice all 7 characters, with a bit of voice variation. they only have one log each, up to 400 words, with the exception of the AI which has more. posting full text;

Code:
    LogName1:"Cmr Jameson 27/Feb/39\nre: Mission Brief\n"
    LogPortrait1:"captain"
    LogIcon1:"UNNIcon"
    LogText1:"Say hello to ARIADNE. As you will have noticed, you are on your own for this mission. People are just not signing up like they used to. However, as this is not a combat mission, I'm sure that'll be no problem.\n\nThe Minstrel is a civilian craft, carrying cargo and passengers. A few days ago - the 18th of February to be exact - a message was received saying that Fen Drayton, a TriOptimum employee and passenger, had been murdered. Four days later, the captain sent a further message, saying the cause of death was natural. Attempts to get confirmation of this have failed; no signal has come from the vessel in the last five days.\n\nBy the way, this is a beta version of ARIADNE. We look forward to hearing about any problems or issues you may find along the way. We trust they will be nothing too serious, and thank you for your feedback.\n"

LogName2:"Captain 02.JUN.14\nre: Passenger Manifest\n"
    LogPortrait2:"min3"
    LogIcon2:"AriIcon"
    LogText2:"Room 11, code 59287.\n
    Room 12, code 22516.\n
    Room 13, code 49040.\n
    Room 14, code 70562.\n
    Room 15, code 10472.\n
    Room 16, code 83638.\n
    Room 17, code 69571.\n
    Room 21, code 45045.\n
    Room 22, code 56267.\n"

LogName3:"Clifton Marsh\nre: Cargo master's log\n"
    LogPortrait3:"min4"
    LogIcon3:"OpsIcon"
    LogText3:"What a god-awful place that was. Jupiter Skies sure has some impressive views, but the facility is SO grim. Some of the people there are like zombies. So what have we got on the manifest... Five crates of LX-49, seven of LX-59. Two biotubes of scientific samples, eh. Let's see. Jesus, they're alive in there. Nothing about that in the documentation. Oh, well, just worms, can't be too dangerous, but better mention it to captain.\n\nThere's something strange about those worms... the way they move or something. I can just stand and watch them for hours.\n\nFound a discrepancy in the manifest. Somehow we picked up crate 4372460, instead of 4372803. I have contacted Jupiter Skies to let them know. I can't see how we can have fucked it up; it must be them. If we had had a longer turn around, I might have noticed before we left, but...\n\nKeep have this weird dream about this scary woman. No idea what's scary about her, she looks quite normal, quite attractive, but I wake up with the fear of God in me. Anyway, turns out crate 4372460 has the same contents as 4372803, so no harm done.\n\nThe woman I keep having the dreams about - she's on board. She's a passenger! She's rarely out of her room, apparently, so I only saw her for the first time a few hours ago. Strange, she seemed perfectly nice at first, but they was something about her. Lost at poker again last night. I'm sure Xyz is cheating. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if they are all in it. Yeah, that makes sense. They let Xyz win, so they can get the money off me. Bastards. At least the worms like me. I wonder what it would be like to hold one.\n\nThis thing inside me... it's disgusting. I feel sick just thinking about it. But it shows me such strange, wondrous things.\n"

LogName4:"Fen Drayton\nre: Personal log\n"
    LogPortrait4:"minf0"
    LogIcon4:"ResIcon"
    LogText4:"Incredible what they've managed to achieve, turning idle oafs into workers who just keep working until they drop, literally. Kind of eerie watching them though. So they asked me to take some back for the guys at L5 to deploy. Apparently they don't travel well in stasis, so here I am babysitting a dozen live worms. The biotube is in the cargo hold and I've arranged to have a cabin directly over them so I can keep them suppressed. Should be an easy assignment, as long as I can keep the boredom at bay.\n\nFeeling sick all day. The medic thinks it's an allergy - well, his machine does; I doubt he knows an allergen from an antibody. Anyway, he gave me a patch that's supposed to help. I hope so.\n\nGod, is this boring. Having to stay in my cabin except for very brief meals... SO dull. And I can't even sleep through it.\n\nI'm really feeling this lack of sleep. I should be able to go a week easy without any as long as I meditate, but I just feel so tired... I can hardly keep my eyes open.\n\nThis is really bad. I keep dozing off, and when I wake up, I can feel the worms have gotten a bit more lively.\n\nOh god, I must've been sleeping for about three hours just now. The worms are screaming in my head - I think that's the only thing that woke me up. I can sense they want to kill me, to be free of me. I must get them back under control, and then stay awake.\n\nShit, one of the worms has escaped. I can't understand it. How could it get out? Must've happened while I was asleep. Goddammit. Hope I'm not losing it like poor Mikey. Okay, calm down [breathe] [breathe] I'm going to have to focus if I'm going to find it. [ding-ding] Now there's someone at the door. This is NOT a good day.\n"

LogName5:"Barton Seagrave\nMedical Log\n"
    LogPortrait5:"min8"
    LogIcon5:"OpsIcon"
    LogText5:"Okay, departing from Jupiter Skies with… twelve passengers. Let's see, a girl of nine, a man with an allergy to tomatoes, nothing out of the ordinary.\n\nOkay, we have a dead passenger. Captain has asked me to do an autopsy, and for the record, I want it noted that I am a communications officer with just enough medical knowledge to use a scanner, so am in no way qualified to do forensic stuff. So I will do what I can without opening the body up, then freeze it and save the real work for the professionals at Moon Base Alpha.\n\nOkay, subject is one Fen Drayton, female, 1.65 meters, 62 kilograms. Aged 43 according to the records, appearance would suggest perhaps 35. Initial examination at the scene shows evidence of trauma to the upper right cranium. Looking now at what the scan shows... Okay, looks like the trauma was the cause of death; which probably happened between 2300 last night and 0300 this morning. Subject was otherwise in good health. Subject had a minimal amount of alcohol in her blood, consistent with about two glasses of wine with dinner. Also traces of AllerGon for her allergy. Apparently her frontal lobe was somewhat enlarged, and peculiarly folded; she had a pretty special brain. Nothing to indicate this was related to the cause of death. No other anomalies.\n\nLooking at the wound now, I would guess it was done with a blunt instrument; something pretty heavy, long and thin, like a solid metal bar. I can't see any flakes from it around the wound. Attaching data file and putting the body on ice for the experts at L5 to dissect.\n\nTwo deaths in one trip. Subject is male, 1.93 meters, 93 kilograms. Aged 33. His crew said he started acting funny, then jumped off a catwalk in the engine core. Body shows signs of multiple injuries, all consistent with a fall, as far as I can tell. Okay, let's see what the medical scanner says. What's that? It's found some organism in his head; no wonder he was acting funny. Let's have a look... yeah, I can see it. Looks like it's still alive. Noooo!\n"

LogName6:"Captain Fitzwarren\nre: Captain's log\n"
    LogPortrait6:"min3"
    LogIcon6:"OpsIcon"
    LogText6:"Captain's log, 12 February. We have now departed Jupiter Skies station on Calisto, and are heading directly to L5 station. Our estimated date of arrival is 7 March. After the dreary bunch at Jupiter Skies, L5 will be like paradise!\n\nCaptain's log, supplemental, 20 February. It is my sad duty to report a murder. Fen Drayton has been found dead, in her cabin, with her face caved in. The kitchen staff noticed she had not taken any meals for two days, so Woodhouse and I entered her cabin. Probably happened two days ago, but we need an autopsy. I will have to conduct a cabin-by-cabin search for the murder weapon. Hmm, that's not going to be popular. And I will have to report this to the UNN too.\n\nCaptain's log, supplemental, 21 February. Whilst conducting a search for the murder weapon, I entered cabin 16 to find some kind of infestation. The floor was strewn with, well, I guess you could call them pods. The cabin is assigned to a Jemma Luttin, whom we have been unable to locate. At Marsh's suggestion, I have taken one of the pods to my office for study.\n\nCaptain's log, supplemental, 22 February. After a full consideration of the facts, I have determined that Fen Drayton was not murdered, but died of natural causes. I have advised the UNN of my reappraisal.\n"

LogName13:"Annesley Woodhouse\nre: Personal log\n"
    LogPortrait13:"minf8"
    LogIcon13:"OpsIcon"
    LogText13:"My yucca plant seems to be dying, and I can't understand why. I'm sure I've not overwatered it.\n\nEver since we found that cabin full of those weird pod things the captain has been acting very strangely. Now he's saying that Drayton died of natural causes - she had her face smashed in for crying out loud. When we reach L5 and the UNN get involved, he'll be in big trouble. Hmm, I wonder if his command might become available soon?\n"
    if you are interested, let me know - thanks.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 27th Sep 2015 at 14:06.

El Shagmeister

Hey Duck, nice voice you got there. There is a very strong possibility that I may request from you soon.

Voice Actor
    I'm in, for Jameson and Marsh. Details sent via PM.

This will be my tenth year doing voices...I will update my info.
    Last edited by dlw6; 5th Sep 2015 at 20:06.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    And I have Seagrave and Fitzwarren.

Voodoo47: Your inbox is full and I am trying to send you a message. I've got the LogText4 files done and sent to your email.

Zombified
    files received and pm box cleaned up - thank you.

I require a small number of people for a small number of lines.

A jeweller (one line) and his assistant (3 lines)

A thief or criminal (one line).

All three characters are men. The assistant can be young sounding but it's not essential.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I can do any or all of them if you get no other takers. I have a high quality mic and can do a variety of tones, pitches and accents. Email me the details.

Is there any word from SlyFoxx lately? Is anyone else stepping up to do Garrett?

I've got a naturally boyish voice, a good mic and a fair bit of recording experience, so I could give the assistant character a whirl.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I require a small number of people for a small number of lines.

A jeweller (one line) and his assistant (3 lines)
    A thief or criminal (one line).

All three characters are men. The assistant can be young sounding but it's not essential.
    I'm in for any of them...PM me with the lines and such. I used to make jewelry as a hobby and got some training from a pro, so maybe the jeweler.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast