TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    for the key :
    There is a hint on a big board, in Workshops 1A, near the carpenter table. It's about a hidden passage in Workshops 3

for the other object :
    go in the North star kitchens, and look in the fireplace

Damn you're fast !

Slow down, good lord, enjoy this, don't rush through it! There are lots of items to find, comb all the areas carefully.

Find the secrets!

I am fully enjoying the mission, been playing it for hours today .

The banned user, not the game
    i think i need aome help

i just gave that book to guy who opened the portale,do i also need to find the book of names before i go further? if so where is book of name i looked everyt where in north star,i got all areas opened,any help

edit thank you drk i found it
    Last edited by Thief_4; 13th May 2008 at 16:47.

First, you're not even in the north star, you're still in the south star.
    And second, why ask about the book now ? You didn't visit half of the mission yet, take your time to explore and you'll find what you're looking for.

As soon as I pick up a second painting (in which ever order), the game crashes. Any first painting I pick-up works fine...
    Last edited by denizen23; 13th May 2008 at 16:26.

I suppose you didn't uninstall the thief enhancement pack, it's one of the bugs which can happen because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by denizen23 View Post
    As soon as I pick up a second painting (in which ever order), the game crashes. Any first painting I pick-up works fine...
    This problem is very likely due to an installation of the Enhancement Pack by Nameless Voice. It needs to be disabled in order to run the mission properly. You can achieve this by simply renaming the 'EP.crf' file. You can restore the file name after playing the mission to regain the Enhacement Pack's functionality.

Well, I thought I never successfully installed it, cuz I couldnt get ddfix to work, and never saw any new textures.
    Anyway, thanks.
    Last edited by denizen23; 13th May 2008 at 16:35.

To those with the ingame movie problem and general thief 2 movie problems:
    i solved instaling k lite codecs the full version
    http://www.free-codecs.com/K_lite_co...k_download.htm
    Now all ingame movies works fine

edit- on installation i had to remove some codecs from my computer

Quote Originally Posted by denizen23 View Post
    Well, I thought I never successfully installed it, cuz I couldnt get ddfix to work, and never saw any new textures.
    Anyway, thanks.
    Edit: crash now fixed, but is it normal that these paintings do not appear in my inventory?
    Wait what ?

Maybe to have removed the enhancement pack messed up your savegame. It's never good to modify the install of the game while you're playing a mission. You might restart the mission, I dunno...

Nevermind, I rebooted and all is well..
    Last edited by denizen23; 13th May 2008 at 16:48.

Good

Could someone mirror the french version of the mission with briefing too, for us french taffers ? Brethen maybe ?

Maybe I'm the dumbest here!

I have talked with Thesius, got new objectives. Opened the storage and collected items. Got blackjacked a novice and stole his key in the maps room. Where to go now? I traveled scripture room, dining room, many other rooms. There were some magic room too, where I blackjacked a keeper-like man, and also stole his key. (He was looking at a bookshelf recently, and a haunt patrolled clockwise in the same room)

thank you in advance!

One thing you'll need is. Drac's Scriptures. Its a book you need to find in order to proceed further. Explore, explore, explore.....you will find what you need, and run across what you need if you keep exploring.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 13th May 2008 at 18:04.

Wow,

It's really difficult to pickpocket people. I'm directly behind a seated individual and have a completely dark visibility crystal, and he is still alerted when I try to grab his coinpurse.

Is there some trick I am missing? (playing on Thief difficulty).

If he is 'alerted' by sight or noise just a few moments before, he will react like this. When this happens, I simply reload and make sure my 'victims' never leave their state of 'unawareness' of my presence.

bikerdude
    ... To everyone who is playing this mission ....

***SLOW DOWN***, take your time, enjoy the scenery, the architecture, the atmosphere, the ambience - then you will notice the things you need to see, read and hear.

Read everything you come across, most of it is beneficial to the mission and some is just the best story telling I have read in a thief mission for years - it fills in lots of gaps in the thief universe.

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 14th May 2008 at 04:30.

I agree with Bikerdude. This has also been said before in other missions. SLOW DOWN!

The one thing I do a lot of, is exploring....I keep going, and going, walking around trying to find everything I can, go everywhere I can, pick up everything I can. Eventually, I look at the objectives, or in this case. Do what the first soul tells me to do. Go talk to someone. SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! Have fun with this one. Its a doozy.

I'm a bit stuck- I'm in the dark zone (which is incredibly spooky by the way, very "Silent Hill"), I've figured out using the hint scroll that the fourth digit of the code is 3, and the second to last is 4. What, exactly, are the other two? Or at least, could someone point me in the direction of where I should be looking for these other two digits as apparantly the hints I was given in the scroll are too vague for someone as dense as I am.

Thanks alot in advance. Oh, and also, this FM kicks a whole lot of ass.

The scroll mentions a prison, look behind a prison, look around. The other illuminates above the code. Look around further. If you want an all out spoilage, let me know.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 13th May 2008 at 19:02.

I downloaded the mission which went into the "Fm folder"
    It has not gone into darkloader though.

I did this also?
    An easy way to uninstall NV's pack would be to rename the EP.crf file installed in your thief 2 folder. Once you finished playing the mission, just give back to the file its original name.

Strange, it never happened to me before...

I think it's a bug from darkloader. Sometimes you just need to rename the zip file of the mission to have it detected again.

Otherwise, I dunno, you can try garrettloader.

Btw, thanks everyone for the compliments on the mission

The banned user, not the game
    ok i need a bit more help

where is key to interpidter tahsel quarters in prison area,also i need a key for another lower area with room of cages and locks,i got first part open,but i see 2 more locks,also cant find darkness and ice doors,what do i go now?

ok i updated my wording to be more clear
    Last edited by Thief_4; 13th May 2008 at 20:36.

Err sorry but I can't understand clearly what you're asking for, too confused...

Keep in mind I'm french, english isn't my mothertongue, and you're not making it easy for me there.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast