TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

I know this mission was posted five years ago, but I just now finished playing it and have to offer my thanks and congratulations. This was the best fan mission I've ever played. So detailed, so well paced, and so absolutely freaking horrifying. I admit I haven't played many "scary" games, so maybe I don't have much tolerance, but this was the first time I was actually dreading going forward in a game. After the sewers of Rocksbourgh 2, I already knew how creepy your missions could be (that background noise will haunt me for the rest of my life). I knew things would only get worse in this mission. When I first caught sight of that statue running away, I actually stopped for a moment and thought "Do I really want to go forward with this? Why am I doing this to myself?" Then that bloody dark zone... AUGH. I had to step away from the game for awhile when I first faced that invisible... thing that chases you at the end.

Can't believe this game can still hit me like that after all these years, and can't believe how talented you people are that work on it.

I'll speak for DrK here...

Glad you liked it. Hope your poo shoot is OK now.

Speaking for me. DrK does awesome work. Try "A Better Tomorrow" next. It's a small mission but packed with all the poo your pants thiefy goodness you've come to expect from DrK.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I'll speak for DrK here...

Glad you liked it. Hope your poo shoot is OK now.
    Aw comon ! You know me too well...

Seriously though, like many fan mission authors here I really appreciate feedbacks and comments on my missions, it's some kind of a reward after all these years of work. I often write simple sentences like "glad you liked it" as a response, it's not a polite phrase, I really mean it. To read such comments, even years later, it gives me the will to continue the campaign
    And negative feedbacks are more than welcome, as they allow me to improve myself.

So, thanks servant killer

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    :

And negative feedbacks are more than welcome, as they allow me to improve myself.
    This is by no means intended as negative feedback, but just a question about something I thought would be in the mission but ultimately wasn't. Were you ever intending on having the statues in the mission attack the player? Between the readable items that mentioned moving statues, and the one moment when you see a statue running away, I was expecting to eventually find the statues in the mission moving when I wasn't looking at them. I was dreading a scenario in which there's a bunch of statues in a room and there's no way to keep them all in your line of sight at the same time. Eventually you'd end up surrounded and killed by them. Unless I missed something (and I did miss several elemental rooms), it never happened.

Though despite it not happening, the mere expectation of it happening still made me freak out every time I saw one. The first one I saw I immediately tried to kill with my sword, just so it couldn't try any funny business. Every time I encountered a statue after that I would keep it in my line of sight as I was moving past, and when I eventually had to turn away from it I'd immediately peek back over the corner, expecting to find that it had moved closer to me. *shudder*

DromEd Archmage
    Don't worry, statues are not terrific creatures. You can knock the running statue out with a simple flashbomb and your blackjack...

The only bad thing with this mission is that you can be stuck forever in the darkness if you fall in a pit after drinking a stone potion...

Fortunately, it is the only problem.
    You can ghost, you can win without knocking anybody out and with all loot in all difficulty level.

A good mission!

And it's not the last one!

The statues are harmless, it was just one of the little side stories I like to add in my FMs. It was a reference to the Hag and its statues from thief 3.
    Maybe later in the campaign they would become dangerous, who knows, but your imagination did the work already

Thanks Jordan, but I left the stone potion bug on purpose to see if anyone had the idea to try it

Lever in measures room

Don't know what is wrong, I am replaying the level and this is the first time since new dark, when I get down to the Measures room and throw the lever, I still can't get into Kimal's room, what am I missing?

Oh wow, I actually don't remember

I found this in the thread, hope it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    You have Soul kimal's key? and been in the meter room
    You do have the dark key?
    Then you need to go to Soul Kimal's quarters near the elevator room North west from meter room.
    Unpick the door
    In there On a box are the instructions for the dark zone

Hey yo tafferboys and taffergirls ! If you have time to lose, you can check the 1st part of my complete walkthrough of Rocksbourg 3. The game and annotations are in French but that shouldn't prevent you from having a good time looking at this awesome mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ29J5_WEPU

Don't hesitate to share the video everywhere if you like it
    Last edited by Frère Staven; 17th Jan 2016 at 19:01.

Part 2 is released ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehi_UHzpMVU

A bonus video should be uploaded tomorrow or later in the week.

Just FYI, but both of those videos appear to have their aspect ratios distorted.

What do you mean? Are you talking about the quality of image ? I recorded with Fraps but compressing with Windows Movie Maker always spoils a lot. I don't know how others like FenPhoenix do to keep a good quality in their videos.

BONUS video available by the way : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPITKmwqXY0

He meant the video is stretched. It's also way too dark. Thief videos almost always need some brightness fiddling before uploading.

Yeah, I know. Problem is playing too bright makes the game a bit less enjoyable. I hope improving the brightness of your screens will be enough :/

As for the stretching, I don't know what codec is the best. All the ones I tried with Movie Maker gave more or less the same result...

It's not the codec, but the aspect ratio - it's like you recorded in 16:9 but then encoded it at 4:3.

I haven't used windows movie maker, so I don't have good advice on how to correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    it's like you recorded in 16:9 but then encoded it at 4:3.
    That's exactly what has happened. Never used Movie Maker. I use Freemake Video Converter. It's free, super easy to use and perfect quality.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Thanks for the clarifications. I'll try this out next time I record.

Nice work!

Incredible mission! Any word on whether that prequel/sequel that was talked about is still in the works?

Thanks!
    It's still in the work don't worry. I just don't have much freetime for it nowadays. Besides, I keep getting distracted by contests here and there...

And welcome on the forum.

Thanks for the welcome!

Good to hear, a shame about the scarcest resource.

I joined the forums just to check on Rocksbourg and a few other series actually (Hammerite Imperium)! The wait is painful.

just replayed this mission,amazing job,but curious about one thing when you first go through the zone into second half of the area,there is one door that does not open,some quarters,same name as the guy where i slipped by that creature to get into his office? but he has another room that the key did not work on,so is there a way to get in that door,and not the one with creature in front,door i am talking about is close to the light door

Sorry I don't understand. Is it upstairs near the Light Zone ? Is it one of the Elemental Zones ? These doors have gargoyles with colored smoke above them. It could be the Ice one, but I'm really not sure which one you're talking about.

All the doors can be opened, except a few in the Dark zone and transition zones which were put there for atmosphere.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435