TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

Hey, speak English, I have no friggin clue either. I can only guess.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 13th May 2008 at 22:16.

The banned user, not the game
    where is key to interpidter tahsel quarters in prison area

can you understand that

Edit i just cast a pagan spell hoping someone can help me,i am seriouly sitting here for hours waiting to load fm to complete this beatiful map
    Last edited by Thief_4; 13th May 2008 at 22:15.

wow, every time I dont check the forum for 3 days or so theres a new fm when I do come back. thanks Drk, loved the previous installments and cant wait to get stuck into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief_4 View Post
    where is key to interpidter tahsel quarters in prison area

can you understand that
    That was never considered a prison area, nor was it mentioned as being a prison area. Thats why the confusion.
    You need to head down to the foundry area. Work area #3, the bellowing machine, boiler area, look around some crates carefully. There is a note in that area, mentioning the area in question. Just look around, you can go from there. The foundry you have to take some stairs all the way down to reach that area, or the lift, that makes too much noise.

just spent the last day playing catch up on the previous two in the series.. cant believe i missed them! (for which i should be eternally flogged for..)

these missions are without doubt some of my favourite thief levels so far. the city has an awesome atmosphere to it. cant wait to play this mission!

thank you DrK!

Clearinghouse
    Great work DrK! Lots of atmosphere, ambient sounds, great textures and lighting - wow

The banned user, not the game
    ok everything done,just need help with one last thing

how do i exit?,also when i droped book of names on pedistal it did not tick off,is that right area to drop book?

I think I need to change my boxers now...

THANKS DRK!

I'm about 2 1/2 hours into this. I've got to say DAMN this thing is good. If I had one complaint it would be too many "decorative" books or scrolls. But that gets a pass because this map just drips with atmosphere. Makes my stuff look like a 3rd grade fingerpaint covention! I'm having a 1st time playing Thief experience and that does not come along often any more. I just don't have the words to say how good this mission is.

Oh...to the other voice actors....get OFF on your bad selves...you've done TOP NOTCH WORK!!!

So far it looks fantastic!!

Ok for some reason in darkloader it says the FM is for TG and yet in the readme for T2

El Shagmeister

*Ahem*

As a fan of DrK's ANiR series of FMs, I only have one thing to say after all these years (shit...time flies, eh?):

I SAY, YEAH, WOOOHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!

Thanks DrK!!!!!!!!

\/
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th Jun 2008 at 23:03.

Great voice talent, imagine those voices in TDM

Well, it took me pretty much all day but I beat the mission. As I'm sure others have said, it was completely incredible! Also, as I'm sure everyone has said as well, it looked absolutely PHENOMENAL. I have to give you credit, one thing you succeeded in remarkably well is giving this mission a real atmosphere. It's really grimy, dark and gothic and genuinely gets under your skin- in a good way! Especially in that dark realm ...God, I felt like I needed a shower after I got out of that place.

I did have a few minor issues though. For one, I got some pretty bad frame rate problems in some of the bigger more heavily detailed areas, and in that terrifying and extremely dark area I mentioned earlier I had to crank the brightness WAY up to ridiculous levels in order to make out the numbers I was looking for to solve the puzzle. Minor problems though. This FM kicks all kinds of ass and everyone should play it.

Oh yeah, one more thing- "Curse these glyphs, they make a FOOL of me!" is the single greatest line reading ever. Tell me this guy got a paycheck for this voice acting job!
    Last edited by The Mike; 14th May 2008 at 03:09.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Great voice talent, imagine those voices in TDM
    QuincyJonesWonnabe, myself and Slyfoxx thank you.

I am more than happy to do replacement voices for Tma, it all ads to the atmosphere of Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Oh...to the other voice actors....get OFF on your bad selves...you've done TOP NOTCH WORK!!!
    Praise from Garrat himself, Ive goosepimples all over..

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Oh yeah, one more thing- "Curse these glyphs, they make a FOOL of me!" is the single greatest line reading ever. Tell me this guy got a paycheck for this voice acting job!
    That would be QjW who did those lines, lots of people have found that line amusing..

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 14th May 2008 at 04:29.

Holy crap..4 pages already ! Finaly, a beefy one. Thankyou to all involved for this.

Breathtaking mission. Lots of innovations and the new graphics are impressive.
    I'm playing this for more than 4 hours now, had some moments close to a heartattack

I think i'm almost done, got all of the elemental keys except the dark zone one. I need an item that represents the wickedness of darkness.

Can somebody give me a hint what it is and where to find it, please ?

Found it. It was a piece of rotten flesh, i missed in the kitchen
    Last edited by UliB; 14th May 2008 at 05:43.

Best video I've ever seen...

I look forward to this one!

Mirror at the Keep:

ANIR3_Inkanddust_Encre_MoviesUS.zip
    "For the Love of the Game"

I just want to say.....I hate you DrK, you've given me two insane heart attacks so far.......and I'm loving it

Super special awsome plot twist that we never could have counted with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is indéed awsomeness

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    To those with the ingame movie problem and general thief 2 movie problems: i solved instaling k lite codecs the full version
    http://www.free-codecs.com/K_lite_co...k_download.htm
    Thats the codec pack I always recomend also

biker

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Thanks all for your kind words, I hope you have as much fun playing it than I had while creating it.
    It's cool to see you like the atmosphere.

Thief_4 :
    You must bring the book of names to interpreter thales, in the south star. You just need to drop it anywhere in the main room of his quarters

Slyfoxx : of course there are decorative books. The Order is similar to the keepers, so there are books, tons of them But in case you didn't notice, only the important ones end up in your inventory, the books related to the objectives or the mission.

Undead Gamer : a bug which happen sometimes with darkloader, not from me. Try to rename the zip file of the mission and it should be ok.

The mike : the lags are normal, whatever I do dromed will always have limits. But I think it depends on your computer config, with me it doesn't lag that much, even on my laptop. And to prevent the brightness problem, I gave you a switchable lantern in your inventory, but it looks like it's not enough...
    lol if I recall correctly, the line "fool of me" is from Karl, damn it's one of my favorites too.

Shadak : thanks for the mirror. I added it in the first post.

Avallon :

I expected the missions would be finished quickly, so I worked the gameplay around the player's freedom to allow multiple replays. You don't need to do everything, nor to try everything, if you want to finish the mission. Except for the important souls, there are no kill limits to let you try the new weapons. There are tons of secrets, hidden references...
    I wonder if you'll be able to find all the loot
    Last edited by DrK; 14th May 2008 at 07:02.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    I'm having a 1st time playing Thief experience and that does not come along often any more.
    Wow, I just read it, I missed it at first. Thanks a lot, this is the kind of experience I tried to recreate for players, 'love it

Little stuck here, near the end I think....

Where is the Room of Books? Is that where I will find the way to the Living Breath? I also returned to Interpreter Thales's room after he told me to (and every npc is now on aggressive) but he doesn't acknowledge me, even after I dropped the Book of Names in the room. Do I have to complete the Living Breath objective to continue? I already have the Dead Shadow and completed all the Elemental rooms. Also, what are the Order Paintings for? I have 12 of them so far...

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast