TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

Drk, what was up with that walking thing in the elevator ride? I hated that in Episode One, I hate it still now.

leftfoot

bikerdude
    Hi Avalon

* The room of books is in the first area you start in (the north star I think...), you need to get a key from a certain soul...
    * Access to the living breath room is in the South star I beleive....
    * When you had the book back to him, you have to put it on the small tabble in front of the fire in Thales room * I beleive, the npc's should only get agressive when you have come back from the dark zone i believe..
    * Collecting the paintings is a bopnus objective, you dont have to do it

On a different note, do you or anyone else from the imperium have all the lines I did..? I would like to donate them to the editors guild if thats alright..?

biker

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Drk, what was up with that
    I dont know for sure but I imagine its supposed a run on from the previous mission..

biker

Quote Originally Posted by Thief_4 View Post
    ok everything done,just need help with one last thing

how do i exit?,also when i droped book of names on pedistal it did not tick off,is that right area to drop book?

Having the same problem.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Thief View Post
    Having the same problem.
    This stumped some us when were beta testing it... the answer I found was to put the book on the corner nearest to Thales of the small table in front of the fire in his room

biker

Maybe i can help a bit, as memory is still fresh

The book of names: Drop it in thales bedroom on a table. There is a blue book on the right table already

Living breath access: From the elemental room of light

I collected 13 pictures and there is still 1, but unreachable for now.... Is there a bonus objective ?

(which leads to the next question: how to reach the picture behind a 'fence' high above the hall with quarters in the southern star ?
    Last edited by UliB; 14th May 2008 at 11:00.

Never mind, of course I'll find what I'm looking for a minute after posting
    Last edited by Avallon; 14th May 2008 at 11:05.

When you collect all of the paintings, it is a bonus objective. I believe there are 18? I'd have to check on that.

Oh come on that walking thing by the elevator is cool, call it a zombie on steroids if you will.

I do love the voice work in this mission, best I've heard in years.

@avallon: when you enter the light zone, in the round room, search for a glyph

Avallon

When you are in that room, the one with the pillars, by a column in there, near the floor, its highlighted a bluish color. There is a glyph near that highlighted colored area, frob that glyph, you'll be on your way to get the Living Breath.

UliB and I speak the same language.....

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Maybe I'm the dumbest here!

I have talked with Thesius, got new objectives. Opened the storage and collected items. Got blackjacked a novice and stole his key in the maps room. Where to go now? I traveled scripture room, dining room, many other rooms. There were some magic room too, where I blackjacked a keeper-like man, and also stole his key. (He was looking at a bookshelf recently, and a haunt patrolled clockwise in the same room)

thank you in advance!
    Mh, I just have to say that I'm stuck at the same area as ticky. I tried to explore everything for two hours, but I just got two kinds of keys, a silver one and a green one. Someone said earlier that you have to found a book, but where to look for it..? Thank you!

BTW: It's a very athmospheric mission, thanks, DrK!

Thanks for the help, I found it!

Alright now did I bug out the mission or am I missing something obvious again?

I completed all objectives and placed the Book of Names on the little table in Thales's room. It triggered his conversation that the mission is done and to go look for Soul Vlain. However, the Book of Names objective did not tick off for me. And when I went back to Soul Vlain, he just stood there and did nothing.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Ticky and Pistole2k
    First you have to enter the Tower. Go in the main room, the room with a huge stained glass window. on 1st floor, there is a way to the souls quarters on one side, and a grid door on the opposite side, open it with south star key.

paintings:
    there are 15 of them, and to access the one above the dining room, you have to find a secret in the storage room nearby (look for a lever near the smoke wall)

The walking zombie in the elevator is a souvenir from the first mission to freak you out, nothing more
    In fact he's guarding the entrance, he just allows the souls to pass, and gets rid of any kind of intruder. He considers yourself as a soul because you have the soul Heart in your inventory (this is only related to the story of the campaign).

Avallon, this bug happened only to QJW during beta, and I never managed to solve it because everything has always worked fine with me. How am I supposed to solve a bug which doesn't exist with me ? I really don't understand why it doesn't work with a few of you...

The objective didn't tick off, but did it at least open an exit in the portals ?
    Do you have something special installed in your thief 2 ? a graphic pack or custom scripts, I dunno...

Hey DrK, I'm afraid not

I don't see any of the other gates open at the portals. Did I have to trigger another conversation from Soul Vlain to open it? Am I missing out on anything big if I'm really stuck here for good?

I uninstalled the graphics's pack before starting this mission and I have the usual Gaylesaver Scripts but I assumed that would be alright.
    Last edited by Avallon; 14th May 2008 at 12:17.

I already have been in the tower for more then 10 times, but I didn't find anything in there. Maybe a little more direct tip? Thank you!

Avallon, try to remove the gaylesaver scripts.
    I don't remember clearly how I created it but I think I put a trigroomsomething script on the book, so when you drop the book in the blueroom of thales quarters (dromed technical terms) it opens the exit and tick off the objective. There's nothing complicated in it, and it always works with me

The conversation with thales is activated once you got both the Living breath and the Dead shadow in your inventory, so it's not related to the book.

Pistole, just look at the top floor of the tower, there is a door to soul Vlain.

Btw, by Thales quarters, I don't mean his bedroom, I mean the main room with a giant table in its middle. Try to drop the book in front of the fireplace for example.

... Okay, i just tried my lockpicks and it opened. The last time I used them I only used the one which won't open the door because I was too quick. Thank you!

lol in my missions, you mustn't be quick. You must take your time, be patient and explore...

I'm just thinking about something, didn't telliamed release a script pack just as gaylesaver ? I thought the script I used was already inside the original game, but it might come from one of telliamed's scripts. This means, if you don't have telliamed scripts it won't work. I don't remember I installed custom scripts though...

I didn't mean that I rushed through your mission, I just hit the lockpick button too quick.

I really love the athmosphere of this mission, you are always knowing that there is a threat surrounding you...

Hey DrK

I have both both telliamed and gaylesaver scripts which I downloaded from http://www.thiefmissions.com/scripts/, they are both the same person? I have also tried reloading from an earlier save and dropped the book all around the sofa room, nothing happened How do you uninstall the scripts and does this mean I have to restart the whole mission if I do so? Am I very near to the end already? I really want to finish this incredible mission and I don't want to miss a thing

I can't be of any help about it, I don't understand why it doesn't work. But no worry, you finished the mission. Normally, a door opens in the portal, you enter and end up in an appartement in the city, then mission ends. Nothing more.

If someone has an idea about it, don't hesitate to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The mike : ...to prevent the brightness problem, I gave you a switchable lantern in your inventory, but it looks like it's not enough...
    Ummm...oops...I forgot about the lantern.

God I feel stupid.

Thanks for the help anyway DrK

I'll definitely play this again on a fresh install of Thief soon and see it that helps, it is well worth replaying again because the journey here has been fantastic. You do death and decay so beautifully and I can't wait to see what is up your sleeve in the coming installments!

How does the lantern work? Not that I need it now I'm just curious.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015202530 ... LastLast