TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM : A night in Rocksbourg 3 (05/13/08)

Welcome to the forum SneakyJack! Glad you came out of hiding to start posting. Bout time!! Hope you can post more often and contribute around here. Have fun.

Hope Vincent. In the room with the columns, you found the glyph, when you clicked on the glyph, one of the statues should of become transparent, if you will, and move out of the way. You need to go behind that, you'll be on your way.

Lightingline - you should have everything you need, DL the mission, and see what happens.

TY Digi.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I have no tolerance for users like Thief_4.

He's history.

A smoking crater in the ground.

A greasy smear on the highway.

A distant gurgle in a far off septic tank.
    Never to be herd from again. Hay..I know we all think such things from time to time and we have the right to be frustrated but when someone crosses the line where it can hurt or effect other people...osss ta la vista baby ! No one wants to see that crap.

And thanks to the guy who varified it worked for him...or her with custom scripts..at lest for them.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 14th May 2008 at 23:11.

To DRK this has to be rated near the top of FM's IMO but I am stuck finding the second part for the Dark key?? I have found the rotting flesh but can not find anything else

pwl You need to go back, back, back, you need the mechanist mask......which is in the other realm, south star, near the souls quarters. In a chest. Or.....is it already in your inventory.

BrokenArts,

Thanxs for your clue. That got me over the finish line.

Drk,

I loved this Fm. I felt like I was playing T3 in the T2 mode. It was really scary in places and really hard to accomplish in places. Will play this one again soon and I'll be waiting for the next one.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

BTW, i'm a woman. An older woman.

My apologies, DrK, that those posts were allowed to stay for so long. Unfortunately, I was unable to get onto the forum for most of the day for some reason so I couldn't do anything about it. Thanks, Digi, for banning Thief_4. Behaviour like that does NOT belong here.

I don't have time to play the mission at the moment but it's going to be right at the top of the list when I do!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th May 2008 at 00:24.

Nightwalker, have you played this one yet? Ahh, you beat me to it, play it soon. Another all time favorite.

Thief_4, don't act like such a jerk! DrK worked on this FM for years. It's not as though he deliberately put a bug in his mission to piss you off. What right do you have to talk that way? It's not as though you paid for the FM. It is a gift!

QJW, hope he reads it, he's banned.

GASP! *Clutches chest*

That demon on the platforms when you're first entering the dark zone scared the shit out of me!

You evil, evil man, Drk!

Has anyone crashed when trying to pick up an order painting? The 2nd one that I took after interpreter someone talked to me crashes on me...

EDIT: never mind, i solved it while posting...like 10th time in a row...I have the graphics enchancement thing installed. Silly me =)
    Last edited by Lawviz; 15th May 2008 at 04:50.

Happen to me so sounds like a bug
    Last edited by Undead Gamer; 15th May 2008 at 03:35.

Definitely one of the best FM's...
    However, I'm feeling really dumb here; could I get a hint concerning the location of The Book Of Names? - am otherwise ready to return to the South Star.

Thanx

Hey Sticky Fingers,

Have you been down to the foundry/workshop area yet? There are stairs from there that leads up to Superior Soul Dumah's room......

I'm not quite finished playing this mission, but I can't wait to give my feedback on it. At first I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by readables, locked doors, and strange items. It was almost too much to handle. I thought I wouldn't end up liking it as much as the other Rocksbourg missions, and I wasn't even sure if I would finish it.

Good thing I toughed it out, though, because man does this mission get good in the second half! I really loved the creation of the elemental keys and the clues for finding the numbers in the dark zone and the whole dark zone itself, which was amazingly atmospheric for something with so little architectural detail (that's a compliment, not a criticism).

I also thought that while different elemental zones have been done many times before in OMs and FMs, they were way cooler here than in most other missions.

I could go on with the praise, but I need to get some sleep (and hope I don't have too many dark zone nightmares)!

Clearinghouse
    DrK, can you send me transcription of dialogues and video?
    I need it. My native language isn't English.

Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    Hey Sticky Fingers,

Have you been down to the foundry/workshop area yet? There are stairs from there that leads up to Superior Soul Dumah's room......
    Yeah, I'm in his room, but I just can't see it, or a glyph or switch. (Haven't needed any help to this point).

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    About the problem with the exit :
    For an odd reason, it seems that the players who finished the mission successfully had the custom scripts from Telliamed installed. Therefore, one should have the scripts from both Telliamed and Gaylesavers installed before playing the mission, just in case. Dunno why but it should work...

In the room with the columns, you found the glyph, when you clicked on the glyph, one of the statues should of become transparent, if you will, and move out of the way. You need to go behind that, you'll be on your way.

If you mean one of the statues standing in front of each column, I have run across my first bug; a script missing perhaps. On the far end of the same wall as the glyph, I can hear a door sliding open, but I can't see where, and if it isn't in the same room, it closes before I can locate it! Help!

Thanks all for the compliments

Thanks for banning thief_4 Dan, and to have removed his words Nightwalker. Don't worry, I just didn't care about what he said, he is just pointless. Even his nickname shows us how lame he is...

Sticky fingers :
    Go to Superior soul's Dumah quarters, there is a lectern with the book behind his bedroom.

Clearing :
    Sorry but I don't have them anymore, or if I kept them they are in pieces somewhere on my hard drives, it's too much work to find them back. The easier would be to rewrite them all, but I don't have time for it now. I'll consider doing this somewhen this week-end or next week when I can.

Weasel :
    Glad to know you liked it after all
    The fact there would have been too many things to handle had already been discussed during beta-test, it would make trouble with the gameplay. I made sure to make things clearer for second half of the mission.
    The design of the Dark zone is voluntary, I made it very simple to make it look and feel really different compared to the rest of the mission, and mostly worked on the few lightings and the sounds.

Random_taffer :
    I know, I know...

Denizen :
    6430 in loot, holy shit ! Impressive

SneakyJack :
    Thanks for your feedbacks. To create a believable atmosphere is always what I'm trying to achieve, it's the main idea of my design. This is what fascinated me in the original game, and what put me on dromed with Purah's works. I want my missions to be like a movie or a book : not only go from point A to point B, but something more like an experience and a universe which you visit.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    In the room with the columns, you found the glyph, when you clicked on the glyph, one of the statues should of become transparent, if you will, and move out of the way. You need to go behind that, you'll be on your way.

If you mean one of the statues standing in front of each column, I have run across my first bug; a script missing perhaps. On the far end of the same wall as the glyph, I can hear a door sliding open, but I can't see where, and if it isn't in the same room, it closes before I can locate it! Help!
    There is a misunderstanding here, you're talking about the room of the accession in the south star, Brooklyn. BA talks about the Light zone in the north star.

Room of the Accession, yep, that's where I am!

All the same, I'm still stuck!

While I have your attention, DrK, thank yew for what is obviously a product of extraordinary detail and devotion - it's incredible! I am so awestruck that it is interfering with my normal mission solving skills!

And where are you exactly ? Did you meet Interpreter Thales ? Did you meet Soul Vlain ?
    Thanks for the compliments btw.

Uhhh...hmmm. I have been spoken to twice so far. One from the guy who knows Garrett stole an artifact, and another who wants a book before I can pass through a portal. Sorry, I'm only on my first pint of coffee...my brain is still fuzzy!

I'm at the glyph next to the man who complains the glyphs make a fool of him.
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 15th May 2008 at 07:37. Reason: addendum

The guy who want a book is Soul Vlain.

Go to the souls quarters. One of them, Soul Uprov, went to sleep. In a footlocker near him you'll find a key to a little room above the access to the Tower. In this room you'll find the book Soul Vlain is needing, bring it to him and put in the desk.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast